Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Unveils 4th Generation iPad

Thanks

It's Nice yes, that it has LTE so does my iPhone5, I love my iPad3 I don't really care about the SEMI faster Core since it has a A6x and mine has a A6...so i don't really see a HUGE reason to update my iPad3.

Going to sell my iPad new of course jailbroken with slight lower price. Maybe some body wouldn't like new dock connecter and iOS 6.

Quote Originally Posted by N0KIA View Post
    Same old ****.

iPad 4 = iPad 3 with faster cpu/graphics and lighting adapter. That's it.
    iPad Mini = 8" iPad with iPad 2 specs.

Prove me wrong.
    What's your point? Aren't hardware upgrades part of any product cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Was hoping Apple would eat some of the cost and give us retina and siri on the iPad mini..little bummed about it. Well i guess i'll just roll with my iPad 2 for now. Its not broke so no need to fix it :]
    Same here... I'm gonna rock out with my iPad 2...

Do you think that Apple will do right by their customers who just bought an iPad 3 and wanted this 4th gen one to just switch it out for the new one? Didn't they do something like that with the iPhone 4 and the 4s? I can't remember which generation iPhones they did that for the customers? I just got mine on October 13th. I do like the jailbreak on my iPad 3 but I wouldn't mind not having a jailbreak if it means having the newest iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    It's Nice yes, that it has LTE so does my iPhone5, I love my iPad3 I don't really care about the SEMI faster Core since it has a A6x and mine has a A6...so i don't really see a HUGE reason to update my iPad3.
    I agree and I also thought it was funny how fast Phil went through the info about the new new ipad kinda like telling someone you shot their dog real fast so it wouldnt sting as bad. I have 2 Ipad 3's and felt kinda like a kick in the sack but oh well im jailbroken on both and they run as fast as I need them to.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"Substantially faster". Outstanding.....now my web pages will render 0.15 seconds faster. That extra fraction of a second is really gonna come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    Doesn't the 3rd gen had an a5x ? Thought the iPhone was the first a6 device

Quote Originally Posted by heydatsmyrice View Post
    Do you think that Apple will do right by their customers who just bought an iPad 3 and wanted this 4th gen one to just switch it out for the new one? Didn't they do something like that with the iPhone 4 and the 4s? I can't remember which generation iPhones they did that for the customers? I just got mine on October 13th. I do like the jailbreak on my iPad 3 but I wouldn't mind not having a jailbreak if it means having the newest iPad.
    sheep

No AWS, failure yet again

The only think i dont like with my new ipad is the weight. What's the weight of the 4th gen ipad ??

Quote Originally Posted by djdom111 View Post
    My iPad is only 1 month old and now I feel like it's an year old one. It sucks.
    That's Apple for you, they love to shaft customers

I simply do not understand some people. The 3rd generation iPad is still a remarkable device. Speedy graphics and a stunning display. Plus, the A5X chip is no slouch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    Even my old iPod can run Siri .. I also had Siri on my iPad 2 until I updated it to ios6 .. granted siri is much faster on my 4s but still all of my devices are capable of running it.

Siri was excluded from those devices to try to push people to upgrade .. They are using Siri again this time for the same reason... my iPad is plenty fast enough for Siri.. my iPod struggles a little with it ..

I warn you this will be a bit of a rant here [ BEGIN RANT ]

That is the only thing that annoys me about Apple.. I love their products and have been loyal to them since I bought the 1st gen ipod .. but they intentionally excluded features to get people to upgrade .. Consider the MMS crap ... phones have been picture messaging for years.. iPhone 1 came out and it lacked picture messaging .. Jobs reportedly said there's no need for MMS because it's antiquated, email is better.. then the next generation iPhone had MMS capabilities with their new phone.. the official response then was that the iPhone 1 lacked hardware support for MMS ... Cue in the hugely popular ( at the time ) iPhone app SwirlyMMS which brought MMS support to the iPhone 1 .. even my first cell phone YEARS ago supported MMS... Jailbreakers even found a simple plist tweak to enable the built in MMS features on the iPhone 1 .. they intentionally turned it off on the older phones to give a reason to upgrade... they blatantly lied about the MMS stuff.

[ END RANT ]

So the short thing about Siri is that iPod 4g, iPhone 4, iPad 2 and 3 .. are all fully capable of running Siri.. the newer devices just have better microphone / filtering technology..

I agree 110%. Apple has been withholding features since the first iphone. I also think its b#**sh*t that Apple put out a new iPad 6 months after the last one. Big deal, a faster chip and retina display!!
    My ip4 is plenty fast for me and that's with a ton of tweaks installed!

Also I remember reading and I'm sure it was on this site that all idevices below a 4s can't properly run Siri because of the noise canceling Technology implemented on the 4s. I use SARA on my 4. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by parahelium View Post
    Take my money Apple! I need more idevices for my collection.
    Haha fanboys will be all over that!

Quote Originally Posted by IB_Marc View Post
    I'm spewing at apple for this, every iDevice has had at least a 12 month lifespan, I feel ripped off for buying my 3rd gen iPad, I guess at least it's got a jailbreak, maybe if no jailbreak comes for ages for a6 it will make me feel better...
    I would NEVER upgrade a JB device for a non JB device. NEVER.
    Besides a little bit faster chip, my JB ip4 blows away the ip5 any day of the week imho.
    Last edited by dannyrocket; 10-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.

So what do I do with my Apple Care on my iPad 3 if they stopped selling them? Would I get a new iPad 4 if I were to use my Apple Care next month?

Quote Originally Posted by N0KIA View Post
    Same old ****.

iPad 4 = iPad 3 with faster cpu/graphics and lighting adapter. That's it.
    iPad Mini = 8" iPad with iPad 2 specs.

Prove me wrong.
    you're exactly right.

Will Apple actually come out with a new product? I haven't seen one since the first gen iPad.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heydatsmyrice View Post
    Supposedly, they will if within 30 days and the device is in as-new condition, they will swap it for the 4th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by romz_11 View Post
    you're exactly right.

Will Apple actually come out with a new product? I haven't seen one since the 2nd gen iPad.
    I fixed you statement.

Quote Originally Posted by edoutmax View Post
    That's Apple for you, they love to shaft customers
    It's called technology. Do you know how many people would have purchased there iPad 1 month before a new one came out next year?

What would be shafting customers is not supplying a product with current capable hardware.

So don't really see how product evolution is shafting customers. Look at how many android devices come out In a year.

Besides its not like they gave the 4th gen any special capabilities that would be limited on the 3rd gen (well atleast yet lol)

Yeah I purchased a 3rd gen iPad. And yes it sucks that less than 6 months I already have a DC'd product. But same can be said about my sandy bridge processor. Saved up for that just to have ivy bridge come out months later

Point is that when you buy anew product. A newer one is already being made.
    Last edited by subywrex; 10-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    sheep
    Thank you for your enlightened comment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast