+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Unveils 4th Generation iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by N0KIA Same old ****. iPad 4 = iPad 3 with faster cpu/graphics and lighting adapter. That's it. iPad Mini = 8" iPad with iPad 2 specs. Prove
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N0KIA View Post
    Same old ****.

iPad 4 = iPad 3 with faster cpu/graphics and lighting adapter. That's it.
    iPad Mini = 8" iPad with iPad 2 specs.

Prove me wrong.
    So I guess that makes a v6 mustang just as good as a boss 302. Same mustang body but better motor.

I mean come on. Isn't evey successor an upgraded version of the last?? I mean that must mean the iPad 4 is just an iPad 2 also?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    The A6X chip is a real upgrade. The performance difference between an iPad 2 and iPad 3 is so small that its not noticible to humans. But the difference in performance of an IP5 compared to an IP4s or iPad 3 is massive.
    How was it a small upgrade?? Not only is it faster but also powering a retina screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Take my money Apple! I need more idevices for my collection.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    i wonder if the iPad mini has siri
    It does

Thanks
    Meh, nothing amazing anymore. Designs are getting stale, it's just the same ole' thing. Get the diehard fans to upgrade every 6-12 months and call it a day. Hopefully they'll get innovative again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone 5 and ipad 4 for me.

Banned
    Thanks

Anyone been to the Apple website recently? The iPad3 no longer exists.
    So its only 6 months old and Apple dont want to admit its existence.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Anyone been to the Apple website recently? The iPad3 no longer exists.
    So its only 6 months old and Apple dont want to admit its existence.
    No need too since the other one is better and still the same price

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm spewing at apple for this, every iDevice has had at least a 12 month lifespan, I feel ripped off for buying my 3rd gen iPad, I guess at least it's got a jailbreak, maybe if no jailbreak comes for ages for a6 it will make me feel better...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Good..at least it has Siri. I understand they couldn't reach a price point that low without leaving some things out or using last years technology. My son will love this under the tree this year :]
    Even my old iPod can run Siri .. I also had Siri on my iPad 2 until I updated it to ios6 .. granted siri is much faster on my 4s but still all of my devices are capable of running it.

Siri was excluded from those devices to try to push people to upgrade .. They are using Siri again this time for the same reason... my iPad is plenty fast enough for Siri.. my iPod struggles a little with it ..

I warn you this will be a bit of a rant here [ BEGIN RANT ]

That is the only thing that annoys me about Apple.. I love their products and have been loyal to them since I bought the 1st gen ipod .. but they intentionally excluded features to get people to upgrade .. Consider the MMS crap ... phones have been picture messaging for years.. iPhone 1 came out and it lacked picture messaging .. Jobs reportedly said there's no need for MMS because it's antiquated, email is better.. then the next generation iPhone had MMS capabilities with their new phone.. the official response then was that the iPhone 1 lacked hardware support for MMS ... Cue in the hugely popular ( at the time ) iPhone app SwirlyMMS which brought MMS support to the iPhone 1 .. even my first cell phone YEARS ago supported MMS... Jailbreakers even found a simple plist tweak to enable the built in MMS features on the iPhone 1 .. they intentionally turned it off on the older phones to give a reason to upgrade... they blatantly lied about the MMS stuff.

[ END RANT ]

So the short thing about Siri is that iPod 4g, iPhone 4, iPad 2 and 3 .. are all fully capable of running Siri.. the newer devices just have better microphone / filtering technology..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just looked on apple web and there is no mention of 3rd Gen iPad nothing on the compare iPad page have they forgot they made a 3rd Gen. The 4th gen is called iPad with retina display, hang on apple the 3rd Gen had a retina display you forget that... Lol, I love apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    So I guess that makes a v6 mustang just as good as a boss 302. Same mustang body but better motor.

I mean come on. Isn't evey successor an upgraded version of the last?? I mean that must mean the iPad 4 is just an iPad 2 also?? Lol

How was it a small upgrade?? Not only is it faster but also powering a retina screen.

Comparing cars to ipads is silly at best... the prices are so drastically different...

The original poster had a point... the new ipad is marginally better.. they should have stuck with their silly conventions and just called this the iPad 3s ... it didn't warrant being a whole new generation of iPad ...

and the iPad mini is grossly over priced.. you can just shell out a bit more and have a full blown iPad ... I honestly think Steve Jobs is probably rolling in his grave right about now..

When it comes to a Mustang V6 vs a Boss 302 .. ( 2013 ) .. a new one is going to cost you about 40 grand... v6 is going to cost you about 22 grand.. that means not quite, but almost a 50% price difference..

The iPad 3 vs the iPad 4 isn't nearly a 50% price difference.. even an iPad 2 is $399... the iPad mini is $329 ... the iPad 4 is $499 ..

So the comparison you made is nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgers01 View Post
    Just looked on apple web and there is no mention of 3rd Gen iPad nothing on the compare iPad page have they forgot they made a 3rd Gen. The 4th gen is called iPad with retina display, hang on apple the 3rd Gen had a retina display you forget that... Lol, I love apple.
    I noticed that when I was checking prices for my reply.. for some reason they are still selling the iPad 2 .. the iPad 3 is gone .. what the heck? .. and pricing the iPad 2 at $399 is insane ... but for that matter, pricing the iPad mini at $329 is also insane.. it's essentially a dwarf iPad 2 .. why would you not spend a little more for the full thing? ..

To borrow from the poster before me about cars.. only more accurately.. it would be like selling a v6 mustang for 30 grand and a boss for 40 grand.. it would make people mad for one thing.. ( and it should ) .. and it also just makes no sense.. if it's twice as fast and twice as good.. it should cost twice as more than an iPad 2 .. so to me if an iPad 4 ( iPad with Retina ) is $499 then a fair price would be $299 .. and an iPad mini .. $199 .. or $249 even would be OK ..

WAKE UP TIM!

If I were setting the pricing it would be something like this:

iPad 2: $299
    iPad Mini: $199 or $229 max
    iPad 3: ( should still be sold ) ... $399
    iPad with Retina and the twice as fast CPU: $499

If they did that... anyone looking at a $199 tablet would easily consider the iPad 2 .. Perhaps they don't want to eliminate the competition..
    Last edited by oneduality; 10-23-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    i wonder if the iPad mini has siri
    yes it does have
    iPhone Developer (Designer of GUI) and more.

Thanks

Me at a shop, talking to the store employee:

- good morning! (Tim Cook's style, waving around as if I know everyone)

- good morning sir, what can I do for you today?

- I would like to buy the new iPad, 16GB, wifi+cellular

- which new iPad sir, the new iPad or the new iPad?

- uhhh...hummm... The new one, I guess? Don't they have a proper naming for those things?

- they are called new iPad...

- ok so i will take the new one...

- which new one sir?

Ok, I will get back to sleep now...

PS: oh, and before people start calling me "troll", this is from someone that has an iPad, iPhone and Macbook...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N0KIA View Post
    Same old ****.

iPad 4 = iPad 3 with faster cpu/graphics and lighting adapter. That's it.
    iPad Mini = 8" iPad with iPad 2 specs.

Prove me wrong.
    True my friend!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great aside from nothing new really, real 4G LTE that works in Australia to rub in the faces of iPad 3 owners like me. Might as well tether my iPhone 5 to iPad 3, now that's some ironic redundancy.....

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Bummer always got a new iPad in April for my birthday. Guess I will wait until next years iPad.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    Comparing cars to ipads is silly at best... the prices are so drastically different...

The original poster had a point... the new ipad is marginally better.. they should have stuck with their silly conventions and just called this the iPad 3s ... it didn't warrant being a whole new generation of iPad ...

and the iPad mini is grossly over priced.. you can just shell out a bit more and have a full blown iPad ... I honestly think Steve Jobs is probably rolling in his grave right about now..

When it comes to a Mustang V6 vs a Boss 302 .. ( 2013 ) .. a new one is going to cost you about 40 grand... v6 is going to cost you about 22 grand.. that means not quite, but almost a 50% price difference..

The iPad 3 vs the iPad 4 isn't nearly a 50% price difference.. even an iPad 2 is $399... the iPad mini is $329 ... the iPad 4 is $499 ..

So the comparison you made is nonsense...

I noticed that when I was checking prices for my reply.. for some reason they are still selling the iPad 2 .. the iPad 3 is gone .. what the heck? .. and pricing the iPad 2 at $399 is insane ... but for that matter, pricing the iPad mini at $329 is also insane.. it's essentially a dwarf iPad 2 .. why would you not spend a little more for the full thing? ..

To borrow from the poster before me about cars.. only more accurately.. it would be like selling a v6 mustang for 30 grand and a boss for 40 grand.. it would make people mad for one thing.. ( and it should ) .. and it also just makes no sense.. if it's twice as fast and twice as good.. it should cost twice as more than an iPad 2 .. so to me if an iPad 4 ( iPad with Retina ) is $499 then a fair price would be $299 .. and an iPad mini .. $199 .. or $249 even would be OK ..

WAKE UP TIM!

If I were setting the pricing it would be something like this:

iPad 2: $299
    iPad Mini: $199 or $229 max
    iPad 3: ( should still be sold ) ... $399
    iPad with Retina and the twice as fast CPU: $499

If they did that... anyone looking at a $199 tablet would easily consider the iPad 2 .. Perhaps they don't want to eliminate the competition..
    Sorry ill equate it to a mustang gt. my bad.

The point is better is better. and btw apple is still not putting a number on it. So your point of an iPad 3s makes no sense.

Yes I took my comparison to the extreme. But I'm just tired of ignorant people complaining that apple made something better. I also don't see how making something 2x faster is marginal?? It's not even like they are charging more for it.

People are mad because they just got a 3rd gen iPad and now there is a 4th months later. I know I'm upset about it.

But at the same time is the new iPad that much better than the iPad 3? For daily use probably not. So really apple did everyone a favor by speeding up there incremental update so now next year (or in two years when most that purchased the 3rd gen wil want to buy the newest one) it won't be just a marginal increase.

I wish iPhones were hard ware refreshed evey half year lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ipad4 is only great if you dont already have an ipad3

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I buy the new iPhones every year and the new iPads. Very disappointed they are releasing a new iPad this soon. I guess this will motivate me not to upgrade as much. I feel kind of ripped off. I never was one to think apples products were over priced but releasing a new one this soon is kind of ridiculous. I use their products because I like their customer service and the way their products work but I don't feel I have seen much innovation the last couple years.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    I have a 6 month old 3rd gen. This is no big upgrade. Happy I got mine when I did =).
    I bought mine a week ago. And it has now been returned. When the new one comes out I will get it.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.