+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Seeking Headlines with Major Android News After iPad Mini Event

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Next Tuesday belongs to Apple with its long awaited announcement regarding the iPad mini. And although tech headlines will certainly be owned by Apple next week, the remainder of October
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Google Seeking Headlines with Major Android News After iPad Mini Event

Next Tuesday belongs to Apple with its long awaited announcement regarding the iPad mini. And although tech headlines will certainly be owned by Apple next week, the remainder of October could belong to Google and Microsoft.

Google has scheduled a media event of its own for October 29th. Media invites were sent out this morning and they are raising speculation about Google rolling out the next major version of Android. In response to the design and content of invites from Google, some think Google will also use the event to make a major Google Play announcement.

"It's unclear exactly what Google will be announcing at its event," says Michael Nunez of the International Digital Times, "but most experts are pointing to the widely rumored LG Nexus phone, a variant of the LG Optimus G, that will reportedly be launched to introduce the newest version of the Android operating system, Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie. Google is also rumored to be launching a new 32GB version of the Nexus 7 tablet. Another rumor suggests that Google could be releasing several Nexus-brand phones including one called the Sony Nexus X."

Ironically enough, the date selected by Google to unveil whatever is behind the curtain just happens to be the same date of Microsoft's big unveiling of the new Windows phone. So is Google trying to steal Microsoft's thunder? The bigger question, of course, is how quickly and comprehensively both Google and Microsoft might steal Apple's media thunder after the iPad mini is released.

Source: International Digital Times

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Really? Key Lime Pie? Ice Cream Sandwich is even on that many devices let alone Jelly Bean and KLP is already in the works? Unreal.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Really? Key Lime Pie? Ice Cream Sandwich is even on that many devices let alone Jelly Bean and KLP is already in the works? Unreal.
    But that's okay! I love plastic.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Google needs to get carriers to push the jellybean update to phones capable of handling it, BEFORE launching another update (key lime pie)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I suppose I should wait on my nexus 7 purchase then..

Thanks

Haha I love how creepy and mysterious invites to tech events are.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I can't wait for Android 4.5 Applesauce lol maybe it'll be a decent OS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I can't wait for Android 4.5 Apple sauce lol maybe it'll be a decent OS
    Are you trying to start a law suit?

Thanks

This is why android fails!! They make updates that most droid phones never see!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Jellybean is a decent OS. Stop with the google bashing

Thanks

This is one of the major reasons why I love Apple. I have a 4S and a 3GS... and wasn't expecting iOS 6 support on the 3GS. I'm glad they did support it.. just feels good to be updated to iOS 6 (except the maps for India). Oh well... hopefully they'll develop it for India soon. Please don't keep India outside the loop like how you have kept retail markets away from India. I can't believe that the iPhone 5 [64GB] is selling for 2000$ in the black market here.... and they're selling like hot cakes even at that price... totally insane!!

Coming back to Android OS support... it's pathetic... they only look after their premium line of phones (which will be premium products for a year... maybe 2 years max and then again no support!)

Motorola came out with the Defy XT535 in June 2012... with 2.3 Gingerbread... and they also said there wont be an ICS update for the NEWLY launched Defy XT535! Pathetic!! Was gonna buy 2 of those for my mum and dad... cuz they tend to drop the phone quite often.. and defy is quite durable. Oh well... your f@#king loss Motorola..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not trying to create a big debate about his better android or apple both have pros and cons however I do love with apple that when an update comes everyone knows and will update. Android needs an iTunes!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't wish Itunes on a dead man

Thanks

I am waiting for iOS 10 and iPhone 20 maybe by that time it will be better than android smartphones

Thanks

1,000 different phones with a multitude of OS's on them = issues. 2 or 3 phones with one or two OS options = win win. I hope Google is seeing the formula to succeed here. I mean they are now trying to be secretive and elusive as to this event ala Apple haha...they are taking baby steps i guess. Babies take years to grow..just saying

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 670 Posts

This is why I stick with Apple and why I choose a iPhone to begin with over android, there support for there devices. Did research on android phones and saw everyone complaining on support for updates for there phones or should I say the lack of. No question on getting updates from Apple and new IOS each year. ;-p

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

the reason why my moto razor maxx crashes at least once a day and it's stock. unstable piece of crap OS. period.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let me ask a dumb question (since I'm not an android user). Why can't Google update all of their Android phones OTA without carrier interference? (and why do the carriers take so long or block the updates?) You would think that other than their top of the line phones (Galaxy SIII; One X+; etc.) the mid line phones at least can receive the latest updates. You would think that the hardware can support Jelly Bean, or at least Ice Cream Sandwich. But some are still running on Gingerbread with no chance for an update (unless rooted). That would make the Android experience more palatable.

Update ALL to the latest software if the phone's hardware is capable to handle the update.

At least you know what your going to get with Apple (even though I'm less satisfied with this particular update 6.0).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

FYI folks, the purpose of the Nexus series is to offer a "pure Android" experience (no carrier crap or bloatware) immediate updates to the latest OS and an unlockable bootloader, so you can do what you want with the phone from day one.

How many of you have already installed non-Apple approved apps or tweaks on your iPhone 5?

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    FYI folks, the purpose of the Nexus series is to offer a "pure Android" experience (no carrier crap or bloatware) immediate updates to the latest OS and an unlockable bootloader, so you can do what you want with the phone from day one.

How many of you have already installed non-Apple approved apps or tweaks on your iPhone 5?
    To be fair, no phone was designed to do all that. No iPhone or android. SmartPhones were designed to call, text, surf the web, and receive email. All of the customizing and stuff is all extra. Even taking pictures is extra.

Now back on topic, you know that warning you get from the play store asking if you want to allow non approved packages in the store? That's for protection. Doing all that stuff, while it's fun and cool. Leaves your phone susceptible to crashes, being hacked, etc. just like when. You jail break an iPhone. Takes away your security.