+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Seeking Headlines with Major Android News After iPad Mini Event

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by jigar7 This is one of the major reasons why I love Apple. I have a 4S and a 3GS... and wasn't expecting iOS 6 support on the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    This is one of the major reasons why I love Apple. I have a 4S and a 3GS... and wasn't expecting iOS 6 support on the 3GS. I'm glad they did support it.. just feels good to be updated to iOS 6 (except the maps for India). Oh well... hopefully they'll develop it for India soon. Please don't keep India outside the loop like how you have kept retail markets away from India. I can't believe that the iPhone 5 [64GB] is selling for 2000$ in the black market here.... and they're selling like hot cakes even at that price... totally insane!!

Coming back to Android OS support... it's pathetic... they only look after their premium line of phones (which will be premium products for a year... maybe 2 years max and then again no support!)

Motorola came out with the Defy XT535 in June 2012... with 2.3 Gingerbread... and they also said there wont be an ICS update for the NEWLY launched Defy XT535! Pathetic!! Was gonna buy 2 of those for my mum and dad... cuz they tend to drop the phone quite often.. and defy is quite durable. Oh well... your f@#king loss Motorola..
    oh yes look at this apple fan talking tresh I didnt even know india had iphone...... first of all good is still the top selling mobile OS...... Why lets see ok with Android you can do what ever you with with it its open with IOS well not see much...... and the reason why thay come up with a lot of update is because most of the phone manufacture out the always want a NEW OS FOR THEIR PHONE WHEN THEY COME OUT BECAUSE OF THE NEW TECHNOLOGY THEIR PHONE CARRIES with that being said Iphone,ipod,ipad are all made by the same company APPLE they use the same parts and software for all their devices so when updates comes out 9 of 10 they're going to support all their devices and that other dude said they all have their pros and cons apple for ex they abandon their product after a few years especially the mac I have a 2006 mackbook that dont run lion or mountain Lion and I have a dell that I bought in 1999 and can run windown 8 so dont be a google rasher dude just cuz you dont have one lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    I wouldn't wish Itunes on a dead man
    aman to that brother

Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    I am waiting for iOS 10 and iPhone 20 maybe by that time it will be better than android smartphones
    yes preach it hallelujah

oh yes look at this apple fanboy jigar7 fagot talking tresh I didnt even know india had iphone...... first of all google is still the top selling mobile OS...... Why lets see ok with Android you can do what ever you with with it its open with IOS well not see much...... and the reason why thay come up with a lot of update is because most of the phone manufacture out the always want a NEW OS FOR THEIR PHONE WHEN THEY COME OUT BECAUSE OF THE NEW TECHNOLOGY THEIR PHONE CARRIES with that being said Iphone,ipod,ipad are all made by the same company APPLE they use the same parts and software for all their devices so when updates comes out 9 of 10 they're going to support all their devices and that other dude said they all have their pros and cons apple for ex they abandon their product after a few years especially the mac I have a 2006 mackbook that dont run lion or mountain Lion and I have a dell that I bought in 1999 and can run windown 8 so dont be a google rasher dude just cuz you dont have one lol
    Last edited by Kriotech; 10-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kriotech View Post
    aman to that brother

yes preach it hallelujah

oh yes look at this apple fanboy jigar7 fagot talking tresh I didnt even know india had iphone...... first of all google is still the top selling mobile OS...... Why lets see ok with Android you can do what ever you with with it its open with IOS well not see much...... and the reason why thay come up with a lot of update is because most of the phone manufacture out the always want a NEW OS FOR THEIR PHONE WHEN THEY COME OUT BECAUSE OF THE NEW TECHNOLOGY THEIR PHONE CARRIES with that being said Iphone,ipod,ipad are all made by the same company APPLE they use the same parts and software for all their devices so when updates comes out 9 of 10 they're going to support all their devices and that other dude said they all have their pros and cons apple for ex they abandon their product after a few years especially the mac I have a 2006 mackbook that dont run lion or mountain Lion and I have a dell that I bought in 1999 and can run windown 8 so dont be a google rasher dude just cuz you dont have one lol
    Hey lets calm down their sparky. No need for that caps lock OOPS ha just kidding . I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say with, but with all the spelling mistakes and poor grammar it is very difficult, but I think you're trying to say companies that produce Android phones to support non flagship phones because they want to push the next phone to sell? That is horrible business practice and horrible customer service. Also if you have to constantly boost up the internals (quad core gpu, 2 ghz processor etc) to run a software, that's honestly embarrassing. Apple doesn't keep supporting old phones because they have few, its because there old processors and gpu's can still handle it. And lastly, Apple "re-uses" the same parts? Lets check the last 3 Iphones... A6 processor - Iphone 5, A5 processor - Iphone 4S, A4 processor -Iphone 4. Nope not the same parts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    Let me ask a dumb question (since I'm not an android user). Why can't Google update all of their Android phones OTA without carrier interference? (and why do the carriers take so long or block the updates?) You would think that other than their top of the line phones (Galaxy SIII; One X+; etc.) the mid line phones at least can receive the latest updates. You would think that the hardware can support Jelly Bean, or at least Ice Cream Sandwich. But some are still running on Gingerbread with no chance for an update (unless rooted). That would make the Android experience more palatable.

Update ALL to the latest software if the phone's hardware is capable to handle the update.

At least you know what your going to get with Apple (even though I'm less satisfied with this particular update 6.0).
    The reason they can't update OTA is because of the carriers. This has been said over and over again, want OTA updates get a Nexus phone, and i mean a REAL Nexus....looking at you Galaxy Nexus for Verizon <_< Carriers have to update all their bloatware in order to work properly with the new updates. Most top of the line Android phones can run jellybean and ice cream sandwich, it's just up to the carriers to push the updates to the phones. Plus you have low, mid and high end devices to choose from, low end phones will most certainly not get the latest versions of Android.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    This is why android fails!! They make updates that most droid phones never see!!
    You mean Android phones right? Seeing as how "Droid" name is a Verizon lineup of phones. Again, it's up to the carriers to push the updates, not Google

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Also if you have to constantly boost up the internals (quad core gpu, 2 ghz processor etc) to run a software, that's honestly embarrassing.
    There's more to boosting up the internals of a phone than just being able to run a software.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now back on topic, you know that warning you get from the play store asking if you want to allow non approved packages in the store? That's for protection. Doing all that stuff, while it's fun and cool. Leaves your phone susceptible to crashes, being hacked, etc. just like when. You jail break an iPhone. Takes away your security.
    I understand. But can't I be considered adult enough to take that risk myself? Who do you really believe Apple is protecting by their increasing efforts to stifle jailbreaking? This site is called modmyi. The way things are headed, the only way you're going to be able to modify your future Apple devices is by putting different colored cases on them. Take a look at the recent iOS security updates from the HiTB conference - all primarily targeting potential jailbreak exploits. If you love your unmodified iPhone 5 that's fine (because it's going to stay that way for a very long time), but why then are you still visiting this website?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    The reason they can't update OTA is because of the carriers. This has been said over and over again, want OTA updates get a Nexus phone, and i mean a REAL Nexus....looking at you Galaxy Nexus for Verizon <_< Carriers have to update all their bloatware in order to work properly with the new updates. Most top of the line Android phones can run jellybean and ice cream sandwich, it's just up to the carriers to push the updates to the phones. Plus you have low, mid and high end devices to choose from, low end phones will most certainly not get the latest versions of Android.

You mean Android phones right? Seeing as how "Droid" name is a Verizon lineup of phones. Again, it's up to the carriers to push the updates, not Google

There's more to boosting up the internals of a phone than just being able to run a software.
    Thanks for the explanation. At least the only "bloatware" us Apple users have is iTunes itself. And there is a proper way to install iTunes without the "bloat" to run more stable and hassle free. The carriers have a lot of free run and it seems like they want to push you to purchase a new phone every year. (or at least get the top of the line like the S3 - which I thought about getting, but settled for the iPhone 5) If I would get a S3 from Samsung (from AT&T) I would have to root it also. Carrier bloat and crap really sucks.

To be fair, no phone was designed to do all that. No iPhone or android. SmartPhones were designed to call, text, surf the web, and receive email. All of the customizing and stuff is all extra. Even taking pictures is extra.

Now back on topic, you know that warning you get from the play store asking if you want to allow non approved packages in the store? That's for protection. Doing all that stuff, while it's fun and cool. Leaves your phone susceptible to crashes, being hacked, etc. just like when. You jail break an iPhone. Takes away your security.
    BTW: I've never had any trouble with a jailbroken phone. Before I upgraded to the i5, I had an jailbroken i4 for over two years and since Comex's JailbreakMe came out, I haven't had any issues, and the phone ran perfectly. My phone didn't crash, and was still secure. Remember, that Cydia plays well in Apple's "sandbox"; and the security of Apple's ecosystem is still there. And plus the Cydia store has great stuff to modify your phone. I bought my tweaks from there and miss them dearly with the new phone. With a JB, my phone (i5) would be just good or better (IMHO) than the S3 or Nexus.

Back on topic: That's what I don't like about Android - the carrier interference with their own crapware and the slow updates.
    Last edited by moveandstore; 10-19-2012 at 05:08 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I understand. But can't I be considered adult enough to take that risk myself? Who do you really believe Apple is protecting by their increasing efforts to stifle jailbreaking? This site is called modmyi. The way things are headed, the only way you're going to be able to modify your future Apple devices is by putting different colored cases on them. Take a look at the recent iOS security updates from the HiTB conference - all primarily targeting potential jailbreak exploits. If you love your unmodified iPhone 5 that's fine (because it's going to stay that way for a very long time), but why then are you still visiting this website?
    Oh believe me, I agree completely with you that to your device and you should be able to use it at your will, knowing the risks. But at the same time I see apples side of things, to keep the big business contracts (like the government one MMI talked about a few weeks ago) they have to be secure. I see both sides and they both have pros and cons. And I come here to read news articles (just like I do with gizmodo) but I do love jail breaking my devices too

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. At least the only "bloatware" us Apple users have is iTunes itself. And there is a proper way to install iTunes without the "bloat" to run more stable and hassle free. The carriers have a lot of free run and it seems like they want to push you to purchase a new phone every year. (or at least get the top of the line like the S3 - which I thought about getting, but settled for the iPhone 5) If I would get a S3 from Samsung (from AT&T) I would have to root it also. Carrier bloat and crap really sucks.
    Tell me about it, they don't really bother to update the phones or take a long *** time so you can purchase a new one. Yeah i got tired of the carrier involvement with the updates, so i bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus and got the $30 a month plan with T-Mobile. Best decision I've made when it comes to a phone, besides getting an iPhone 3G back in the day..good times rocking the black inav theme on it

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12