+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Source Suggests Media Invite to iPad Mini Event Now Imminent

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
A source close to Apple's corporate marketing inner circle tells MMi today that he believes the invite to Apple's media event unveiling the iPad mini will likely be sent to
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Source Suggests Media Invite to iPad Mini Event Now Imminent

A source close to Apple's corporate marketing inner circle tells MMi today that he believes the invite to Apple's media event unveiling the iPad mini will likely be sent to members of the press within the next 48 hours.

Based on the information shared and corroborated over the weekend by a report from Reuters, Apple could raise the curtain on the iPad mini as early as next week. A source speaking with Reuters says that Apple will host an event on October 23rd with the smaller iPad reaching consumers possibly before the end of October.

These details are emerging on the heels of claims by Topeka Capital analyst Brian White, who says that he beheld the iPad mini while in Asia recently. "We actually had the opportunity to play with a pilot iPad Mini used by one of the vendors," White says. "This 7.85-inch iPad Mini fit our hands like a glove and we were easily able to tuck the device in our sport coat, offering consumers a more mobile iPad experience for certain use cases."

Since the iPhone 5 was unveiled last month, all eyes have shifted to the second-most eagerly awaited new Apple product of the season - the iPad mini. And we may finally feast our eyes on the still unconfirmed new Apple device within a matter of days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I got a 100 bucks that says this doesn't happen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    you're on

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I'll put my money where your mouth is. This is a pipe dream. The device he beheld in Asia is a knock off Chinese concept device ill bet. So close to the i5? What did they recruit more 5th graders to keep up with production? Lets make this interesting and open a Paypal pool for 10 bucks each with yay or nay messages attached and split the winnings based on the outcome. At least it'll make the bs rumor articles more tolerating lol
    Last edited by flash66; 10-15-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    I'll put my money where your mouth is. This is a pipe dream. The device he beheld in Asia is a knock off Chinese concept device ill bet. So close to the i5? What did they recruit more 5th graders to keep up with production? Lets make this interesting and open a Paypal pool for 10 bucks each with yay or nay messages attached and split the winnings based on the outcome. At least it'll make the bs rumor articles more tolerating lol
    The reason it "is" so close to the iPhone 5 release was probably for the holiday season (4th Quarter) so Apple would have 2 big products out (iPhone 5 and iPad Mini) and 2 small products (iPod Touch 5G and iPod Nano)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatboy12345 View Post
    The reason it "is" so close to the iPhone 5 release was probably for the holiday season (4th Quarter) so Apple would have 2 big products out (iPhone 5 and iPad Mini) and 2 small products (iPod Touch 5G and iPod Nano)
    Rumor mill also has the Mac Mini in there now. I hope so as my 30 day return window will be up 11/03. From what I have read they expect to have the toys available at announcement time. I know I will be slightly pissed if it comes out 45 days from now. Heck I may just take it back now and get in store credit so that I can be safe if it does go past the 30 day period. I'll just wait until the day after what the supposed announcement date is and if its not going to be before my time is up just take it back and wait.

I just got the latest iPad for me and am letting my wife have my original until the mini iPad comes out for her to check out. If she likes it I will get her one.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.