Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPad Mini Event Rumored to have a strong focus on iBooks

Thanks

Default Apple's iPad Mini Event Rumored to have a strong focus on iBooks

It was previously mentioned that Apple would be holding an event to launch the iPad mini later this month, on October 23 to be more specific. Additional information seems to be slipping and it appears that the actual event may be focused on Apple’s iBooks store and of course education. The news comes in from the folks over at The Next Web who are claiming to have heard this information from multiple sources. They stated the following:

In what will likely be completely unsurprising news to many, we’ve now heard from multiple sources that Apple’s as-yet-unannounced iPad mini event will have a strong focus on iBooks. Since an iPad mini would likely be squarely aimed at those who wish to partake of media on their tablets that would make a lot of sense.

The event will, of course, be primarily devoted a new hardware device, which iMore first reported would be a thinner, cheaper version of Apple’s iPad. But the primary purpose of such a smaller tablet would be to act as a conduit for Apple’s content, namely iBooks publications and movies.
    The whole focus on iBooks seems to make a lot of sense as the iPad mini would seemingly be a perfect device for the education market. It’s more affordable price tag and smaller form-factor would make it easy for students to afford and carry around with them with all of their textbooks stored on it. The iPad mini may be exactly what Apple needs to make a stronger impact on the education industry.

Either way, the iPad mini event is supposedly just around the corner so we won’t have much longer to wait to see what Apple is keeping from everyone. The invites are expected to surface early next week and we’ll be finding out more soon enough.

Source: The Next Web

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Let me guess, Apple figured out an innovative way to make books smaller, lighter, thinner, all inside an new iPad mini?

Of course. They will use that plus battery life since thats the biggest selling points for mini tablets.

Look like kindle fire.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Look like kindle fire.
    What does? The mock-up of the YET TO BE SEEN "iPad mini", or just smaller tablets in general? That's like going to Target and saying "hmmm, that 27" Samsung LCD sure looks a lot like the Sony 27" LCD"......Nerd.
    El Zurdo

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Let me guess, Apple figured out an innovative way to make books smaller, lighter, thinner, all inside an new iPad mini?
    lol good one!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Finally a smaller iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    Finally a smaller iPad.
    Yeah just like the one I use as a phone. Duh! I think the whole concept is just a rumor. A nano sized iPod makes sense, but not a smaller iPad. A cheaper version maybe

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Yeah just like the one I use as a phone. Duh! I think the whole concept is just a rumor. A nano sized iPod makes sense, but not a smaller iPad. A cheaper version maybe
    Rightby smaller they mean same size and less capacity. I call it the iBook.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    New iPad will be called iBook not iPad mini type in iBook.com apple owns it goes to iPad section of apple website and its not just a redirect check out the actual web address
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/built-in-apps/#ibooks?cid=oas-us-domains-ibook.com

Quote Originally Posted by knman00 View Post
    New iPad will be called iBook not iPad mini type in iBook.com apple owns it goes to iPad section of apple website and its not just a redirect check out the actual web address
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/built-in-a...ains-ibook.com
    The concept of an iBook is also something I don't see Apple doing. The iPad is already there for that. The whole concept if a device mass produced to be in between an iPhone and iPad is just stupid IMHO.
    To me it's just a fantasy rumor and the only thing you'll see is a cheap no whistles iPad to stay ahead of nook and kindle fires price point.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow....I think you might be right. The Apple iBook.....Makes perfect since to me, catchy too!
    El Zurdo

Already got iPad and nano iPad that's 4s.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,232 Posts

Interesting....
    Good find!

What do you think the nano is? A smaller iPad makes sense because there's a fairly large market for it. However Steve didn't want one and cook doesnt want to make one of his first moves the opposite of what the last CEO desired

Steve Jobs made Apple what it is - now he's gone they seem determined to undo all his good work.

The concept of an iBook is also something I don't see Apple doing. The iPad is already there for that. The whole concept if a device mass produced to be in between an iPhone and iPad is just stupid IMHO.
    To me it's just a fantasy rumor and the only thing you'll see is a cheap no whistles iPad to stay ahead of nook and kindle fires price point.
    It will be the apple iBook because Timmy cookie will reveal a revolutionary product that's not an iPad and not an iPod but the perfect size to hold in one hand and read one of your beautiful iBooks ladies and gentlemen I give to you the iBook. I also noticed on my iPhone 5 in ios6 when u type iBook it auto caps the b like it autocaps everything after the i for all apple products and if you spell it wrong it auto corrects to iBook. Signs baby signs.
    Last edited by knman00; 10-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,232 Posts

Hold on, though...
    The iBook was already a computer that Apple created in the late 90s - early 00s. It wouldn't make sense for them to name the iPad mini an iBook since it deters so far from its origin.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBook

I predicted iPad mini was an obvious evolution almost 2 years ago. Apple must've finally heard me.. Lol!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Steve Jobs made Apple what it is - now he's gone they seem determined to undo all his good work.
    Lol how ? I love my iPhone 5 just as much as any iPhone I've had. Don't see how in the slightest it has been ruined.

And don't kid yourself. Jobs has been dead for a year. Everything we are using today has been in development well before his passing