+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Unveil the iPad Mini On October 23?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
At the beginning of October, it was expected that Apple would begin sending invites for the iPad Mini unveiling event within the second week of the month. Time came and
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Default Apple to Unveil the iPad Mini On October 23?

At the beginning of October, it was expected that Apple would begin sending invites for the iPad Mini unveiling event within the second week of the month. Time came and went, so it is raising ears as to when Apple expects to launch their tinier tablet.

Rumors of Apple’s iPad Mini may finally come to a rest, as AllThingsD reports that Apple is likely to unveil the iPad Mini at a media event on Tuesday, October 23. It is currently unknown where such an event will take place, but it is known that the event will be invitation-only.

The iPad mini is expected to be a cheaper alternative to the current generation iPad, offering Wi-Fi-only connectivity, a smaller 7.85-inch display, Apple’s new Lightning connector, and Apple's A5 chip. It will be great for people that need a portable tablet solution, possibly as an E-reader for school, and don't necessarily need all of the extra bells and whistles such as large displays, quad core graphics, and cellular connectivity.

From what we know currently, Apple has reportedly begun production of the iPad Mini in Brazil. It’s only a matter of time before they unveil and begin launching the product. If everything goes according to plan, consumers may be able to pick up an iPad Mini within the month of November.

Sources: AllThingsD

Banned
    Thanks

Mod edit/
    Useless post, if you have to trash Apple so much, why do you bother to trash up our forum with your posts?
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-13-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks

That's Mole Day. ;-)
    Quaerite et invenietis.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously, you guys are killing these iPad mini rumors. Is there not something else to report on? Is there not something that is at least "credible" that could be written about? Why doesnt this site care about anything else?

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

My body is ready.

Thanks

Let's see... Should I wait to buy a new iPad mini... Or finally get the 3rd Gen iPad... Hmmmmmm... I'll get a new iPod touch which is like a mini iPad, I'll get a 3rd Gen full size iPad and I'll finally get a 250gig hard drive for my iPod classic... So many decisions... When we get a touch device with a storage capacity of more than 64gigs Im gonna be so happy... Still kinda sad that every iDevice got a makeover and upgrade and a new smaller iPad will be coming out, but still no love for us high storage capacity wanting iPod classic lovers...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    My body is ready.
    I was expecting to hear an R kelly song after that. "My body is ready, but my mind is telling me no" LOL

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Wait for it. As soon as Apple release the iPad mini they will sue Samsung for having a tablet the same size.
    Oh, it looks too much like the iPad mini. Its the same size, its the same color, blah, blah, blah.
    Apple are the pri**s of the technology world. They are the ones that are screwing the patent system up so bad. (Can I say screwing? Lots of other news sites do.)
    Sure they get patents they shouldnt BUT everyone does hell go look at samsung patents etc. and microsoft patents! Apple licenses patents from microsoft all the time! The fact is samsung could have licensed patents like microsoft did to apple but they decided to try to sneak their way in and that was a mistake. Apples a smart tech company they know how ridiculous a law suit would be 1 year after a product was unveiled and then their product was! If anything samsung would sue them now wouldnt they.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Seriously, you guys are killing these iPad mini rumors. Is there not something else to report on? Is there not something that is at least "credible" that could be written about? Why doesnt this site care about anything else?
    There are atleast 20 other articles this week about other things. What are you talking about?

Thanks

I can't wait to see what Apple is going to draw out of the basket this time!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait for it. As soon as Apple release the iPad mini they will sue Samsung for having a tablet the same size.
    Oh, it looks too much like the iPad mini. Its the same size, its the same color, blah, blah, blah.
    Apple are the pri**s of the technology world. They are the ones that are screwing the patent system up so bad. (Can I say screwing? Lots of other news sites do.)
    I gotta say, I'm a 17 year old kid, and this is honestly pathetic, everyday reading news articles they post and listening to you bicker about apple. I'm a junior in high school and my whole group of friends is way more mature then you will ever be. We get it you don't like apple, nobody ever asked you to. Why do you waste you're time and energy to complain about it day after day? What are you gaining? The answer is nothing. I like to think that everyone is mature and they will grow up eventually. I just hope sometime you will. Because its honestly getting old.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (10-13-2012)

Thanks

As cool as an iPad mini might be I hope they show us an updated iMac!! I've been holding off purchasing one for 6 months now because everybody keeps saying a new one is coming!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I gotta say, I'm a 17 year old kid, and this is honestly pathetic, everyday reading news articles they post and listening to you bicker about apple. I'm a junior in high school and my whole group of friends is way more mature then you will ever be. We get it you don't like apple, nobody ever asked you to. Why do you waste you're time and energy to complain about it day after day? What are you gaining? The answer is nothing. I like to think that everyone is mature and they will grow up eventually. I just hope sometime you will. Because its honestly getting old.
    +1.
    I'm thinking the term P****s of the forum world ....

Thanks

In the 12 years I have been on the WWW that is the single best reply to a troll I have ever seen. The troll fairy has been well and truly owned) I salute you sir)

You need to get a life single cell amoeba....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    There are atleast 20 other articles this week about other things. What are you talking about?
    I love people that make reference to the fact that there are indeed other articles about other things on this site. Thank you captain obvious. That still doesn't change the fact that the space used by these repeated iPad mini stories could be better used for something more factual. I prefer to read relevant stories as it is....well....relevant. Rumors about the iPad Mimi are like stories about the end of the world. It hasn't happened yet so who cares. Lets work with what we have and not focus on what we have no clue about.

Thanks

Doesn't it make you mad that there's nothing you can do about it? I hope it does! Oh wait there is, you could stop buying their products.

Thanks

^^This^^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

+1 good call

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Not-A-Fanboy View Post
    Agreed!

Don't listen to these little fanboy haters! Crapple has always been Crapple however they just managed to FINALLY catch a nut with the iPhone. But now clearly they're back to their old ways of FAILING again as all Crapple knows how to do these days is RESIZE AND RECYCLE their old products! For a company that prides themselves on being so AMAZING AND INNOVATIVE it's pretty pathetic that they can't seem to come up with anything else

BTW I love how you little fanboys always get soo but hurt when this guy or anyone else has anything negative to say. You think that just because this is a Crapple related forum that people can only speak positively and not negatively? I guess it's like they say, the truth hurts!
    There was more emotion in this statement than anything anyone said thus far. Matter of fact, there's more emotion in taking the time to create that screen name at all lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wow... That 17 year old kid fanboy fanboy is susceptible and can't stand not-a-fanboy censure. I must say a mature person can take criticism without getting offended and turning it to a positive. These replies have gone to facts to emotions. Truly, if i was Samsung or any other competitor to apple. I would focus on creating the next best device that is completely different from apple like the Samsung galaxy 3. The sg3 is sexy and I prefer the look over iPhone 5 and it's right behind the specification of iPhone 5. In this case I prefer the transformer prime over iPad. It all comes down to preference and knocking out competition. Only reason why I would get iPhone or ipad or Mac is to say i got one. There specification are satisfying not the greatest just satisfying and there products all work together. These are just my opinions. iPad mini sounds nice though i still prefer the transformer prime. Still gotta wait for the specification to come in then we can talk.