Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Mini to Create New Round of Supply Constraints

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iPad Mini to Create New Round of Supply Constraints

Apple's iPhone 5 may have been the tech darling of fall, but the iPad mini could be the dazzling must-have product for winter. As a result, no matter which device is the hottest item on the tech menu, both will push Apple's suppliers to the brink for the rest of 2012.

According to analyst Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets, Apple's iPad Mini will launch strong out of the gate, but its full sales potential may not be realized in response to demand outpacing supply again - at least initially.

Due to the tiny tablet's complex design, Apple's supply chain is having a tough time producing it, Topeka Capital analyst Brian White wrote to investors today, according to Business Insider, which obtained a copy of the note. White said that he now expects the iPad Mini to launch sometime next month, four to six weeks behind his original prediction.
    "Despite continued yield challenges, the supply chain feels the much anticipated iPad Mini is on track to reach acceptable volume levels for a launch over the next month," White speculated yesterday. "That said, we believe that supply constraints will initially hold back the full sales potential during the first month or so of the launch."

White projects that Apple will sell upwards of 7 million iPad Minis before the end of Q4.

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm gonna buy one. I wouldn't use the iPad enough to pay 700 for it so I'm looking forward to the mini!

I need to start saving now...

wow, slow iPhone news day huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    I'm gonna buy one. I wouldn't use the iPad enough to pay 700 for it so I'm looking forward to the mini!
    The only reason I fire up my laptop is to sync my iPad. Kinda silly...
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    Good thing they start at $499.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylene View Post
    Good thing they start at $499.
    Really?! I couldn't find prices anywhere online! I hope they aren't as much as a regular iPad...that just wouldn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    The only reason I fire up my laptop is to sync my iPad. Kinda silly...
    It's funny and cool how everyone uses these things for drastically different purposes. If I had an iPad, I would probably only use it when I'm not at my laptop, and would often connect to my laptop with it. Other people like you, are the complete opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsbrutal View Post
    Really?! I couldn't find prices anywhere online! I hope they aren't as much as a regular iPad...that just wouldn't make sense
    Pretty sure he was talking about the "full size" iPad, not the mini...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    It's funny and cool how everyone uses these things for drastically different purposes. If I had an iPad, I would probably only use it when I'm not at my laptop, and would often connect to my laptop with it. Other people like you, are the complete opposite.
    Well, two mitigating factors: 1) I have a BT keyboard, and 2) I spend all day at work on a computer. The last thing I would want to do at home after work is more hard-core computing.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Wow. Its an ipad, only smaller. thats so cool. Like everyone wants one because its smaller.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckysam View Post
    Wow. Its an ipad, only smaller. thats so cool. Like everyone wants one because its smaller.
    Makes sense to me. Not that "everyone" wants one but the portability difference is key. Many ladies at work don't want the regular iPad because it is pretty big to carry around and are anxiously awaiting the iPad mini.