+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sending 'iPad mini' Event Invites Next Week

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
According to the scuttlebutt capturing headlines Monday, Apple - as widely expected - is reportedly going to begin sending out invitations to its next media event. What we are hearing
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Sending 'iPad mini' Event Invites Next Week

According to the scuttlebutt capturing headlines Monday, Apple - as widely expected - is reportedly going to begin sending out invitations to its next media event. What we are hearing is that the event will be dedicated exclusively to the unveiling of a new product.

By all accounts, the new product in question is the iPad mini - the smaller, more affordable alternative to the iPad intended to better rival the smaller slate of competing, lower-priced tablets flooding the market today form the likes of Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

According to Fortune magazine, a trusted source close to the matter now indicates that Apple will start sending invitations to the press on October 10th. The event will most likely take place within the following ten days, the source suggests.

If the rumor is true, and if Apple follows its usual scheduling protocol, that would suggest a special event to unveil the product on Wednesday, Oct. 17, with a launch day of Friday Nov. 2 -- plenty of time to capture holiday sales.
    As of this writing, no formal comments have been made by Apple or its executives regarding this rumored but eagerly anticipated new iPad derivative.

Source: Fortune

Green Apple
    Thanks

I work in a large retail store in the UK and I think that this is going to be massive (in sales not in size LOL)
    We sell hundreds of Ipads a week and if they are even more affordable then we wont be able to get enough of these.
    They are going to sell like hot cakes.

So long Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab. All hail the new king of the budget tablet.

Jolly

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

While this is good news, I sure wish they would release a new iMac.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wouldn't it just blow everyone's mind if instead of it being mini, it was jumbo!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Wouldn't it just blow everyone's mind if instead of it being mini, it was jumbo!
    Watch it be a new IPod shuffle haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I thought it would make more sense for an iPad mini to be released with the regular iPad, in March.

But guess due to Holliday shopping, a November release can take advantage of that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't that big on owning an iPad until I had one for a couple of days. I loved it but they are a little pricey. I'm so excited about the iPad mini easier to manage and more affordable. I sooooo hope this rumor is true

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Another misleading title. Good job to the staff!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    I work in a large retail store in the UK and I think that this is going to be massive (in sales not in size LOL)
    We sell hundreds of Ipads a week and if they are even more affordable then we wont be able to get enough of these.
    They are going to sell like hot cakes.

So long Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab. All hail the new king of the budget tablet.

Jolly
    What's the retail chain?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

why not unveil it at the iPhone event back in September?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    Separate the sales maybe? Divide and conquer if that makes any sense. People won't be too happy to spend say 200 dollars and then 400 for a mini. However, maybe they will be happy to spend that money at separate times, if that makes any sense? Just guessing. It also could be that they don't have the factory size to meet demands of both at launch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm surprised there hasn't been any debate on what it's going to be called. I would guess iPad Nano but what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    Don't want to steal each others spotlight. The event was for the iPhone 5 and all it's new features. They announced the new iPod too but no one cares. Everyone just wants iPhone 5. Giving the iPad mini it's own event would give it a bigger spotlight instead of it be over cased by the iPhone 5. Also, timing between the initial announcement of a product and the actual release is crucial and apple has this marketing tactic pat down.
    Last edited by ensigma; 10-01-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think it's all BS I'm skeptical this product will come out, especially a month after iPhone 5

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there a possibility they could release a 15-inch MacBook Air alongside this? Really want one of these!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ipad mini case in Australia
    have a look at this video

Apple iPad Mini Revealed - YouTube
    no spam