+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Video of Alleged Wi-Fi Only iPad Mini Mockup

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Video of Alleged Wi-Fi Only iPad Mini Mockup

A hazy video from Japanese Apple blog, Mac Otakara, showcases what is supposedly a model of Apple’s unannounced 7.85-inch iPad was recently posted to YouTube. It shows some slight differences from previous mockups with the biggest difference being a possibility of pointing to a Wi-Fi only version of the rumored device. The Wi-Fi only model is suggested by a black strip at the top of the device’s back plate, hinting that the rumored production version would include cellular capabilities. You can find the video below:

The specifications that are currently rumored for the device include the following:

On the bottom of the device, the design is similar to Apple's recently announced iPhone 5, with the new, smaller Lightning dock connector and speaker style. However, unlike with the iPhone 5, the headphone jack on the iPad mini mockup remains atop the device, along with the lock button. On the right side are the expected volume buttons and mute/rotation lock switch. The volume buttons have a new design on the dummy device, featuring two separate buttons rather than the rocker style found on the full-size iPad. The left side of the dummy device has a micro-SIM slot, but not a nano-SIM slot. The iPhone 5 features a new nano-SIM slot, allowing the device to be thinner and lighter than its predecessor.
    We’ll find out what Apple is planning a special October event which may be when they announce and release the smaller iPad. For now, everything is just speculation and there is no concrete information as to what features the unannounced iOS device will have for sure.

Source: Mac Otakara via AppleInsider (1) (2)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Steve jobs will be rolling in his grave lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"7 inch Tablets are dead on arrival" - Steve Jobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From what I understand, Steve Jobs had a change of heart about 7" tablets not long before he died.

Still, I don't get why a status bar showing only WiFi is a news story. There have always been WiFi-only versions of the iPad.

I would only consider getting the WiFi version. If I wanted mobile data for my iPad, I would tether to my phone.
    Last edited by Shigoroku; 09-29-2012 at 07:42 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Whatever Apple releases will be successful, no matter what. Period. NEXT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    that not real, why he even touch a app or the screen of the apps didnt move..i have a iPad, i touch it a little and the screen move.try again Japanese Apple jajajaja
    Last edited by ilakers; 09-29-2012 at 10:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilakers View Post
    that not real, why he even touch a app or the screen of the apps didnt move..i have a iPad, i touch it a little and the screen move.try again Japanese Apple jajajaja
    Hence, "mock up". Not "OMMMGGGGGG! FULLY WORKING IPAD MINI MOCKUP!! WOOOO!!".

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Whatever Apple releases will be successful, no matter what. Period. NEXT!
    In a way i would say thats not true however whether or not fanboys like me acknowledge it apple does have sheep. Right now people will buy a lot that has an apple logo on it. I choose apple because of how much tech retailers support it and my huge digital merchandise on itunes etc. Soon however at this rate apple will start losing customers if they keep their low standards for what a new product is. Apple can release alot of things and people will certainly buy it however within 5 years they will not be as much of a powerhouse with this type of "innovation"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You are right. I can even think straight with is toothache that a have..it's a killer