+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ABC News Tracks Missing iPad to the Home of a TSA Officer

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Lol, has anyone even traveled and seen who try hire for TSA? Let's see, they pay them $12-15/hr at best, crap benefits, and they all look like they came from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol, has anyone even traveled and seen who try hire for TSA? Let's see, they pay them $12-15/hr at best, crap benefits, and they all look like they came from Compton California. They see something worth selling that would be the equivalent to they're paycheck, of course they will take the opportunity!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

I say arrest him, too.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Everyone who gets caught required to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tabaks View Post
    I'm having trouble deciding if you're a troll or a thief. Either way, you're a sad, contemptible person, just like the Ramirez thief is.
    Woah woah woah, geez guys calm down. I'm not saying what he did is okay, I feel quite the opposite actually. And indeed, I would be super pissed if someone stole my own iPad or iPhone. I just have a little bit of compassion for this obviously horribly stupid man, who lost his job that he had probably worked a long time to get...all for a measly few hundred dollars. I feel bad for his family, for their dad/son/etc being labeled a thief on national television. He made a horrible decision, but I'm sorry if I don't feel he should be tarred and feathered, and have his life ruined for the rest of his life for making this mistake.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Woah woah woah, geez guys calm down. I'm not saying what he did is okay, I feel quite the opposite actually. And indeed, I would be super pissed if someone stole my own iPad or iPhone. I just have a little bit of compassion for this obviously horribly stupid man, who lost his job that he had probably worked a long time to get...all for a measly few hundred dollars. I feel bad for his family, for their dad/son/etc being labeled a thief on national television. He made a horrible decision, but I'm sorry if I don't feel he should be tarred and feathered, and have his life ruined for the rest of his life for making this mistake.
    You seemed to have missed the fact that this is something going on over and over at airports (and anywhere else the TSA mans such checkpoints.) This individual who you feel sorry for is likely to be a repeat offender. It is not yet known how many other items he and other agents stole (and sold?) before finally being caught? These people know full well what they were doing, and this, on top of everything else the TSA has been exposed on, shows you what kind of people are supposedly protecting travelers, which are the people we should be feeling sorry for, not just the perpetrators' families.

Thanks

I hate thieves...
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    You seemed to have missed the fact that this is something going on over and over at airports (and anywhere else the TSA mans such checkpoints.) This individual who you feel sorry for is likely to be a repeat offender. It is not yet known how many other items he and other agents stole (and sold?) before finally being caught? These people know full well what they were doing, and this, on top of everything else the TSA has been exposed on, shows you what kind of people are supposedly protecting travelers, which are the people we should be feeling sorry for, not just the perpetrators' families.
    Okay, so your justifying ABC using what amounts to "cruel and unusual punishment" because you are assuming this guy is a repeat offender... because....people steal...? What evidence do you have that THIS GUY has done this before? None. What evidence do you have thatTHIS GUY has stolen items, and then sold them?...Absolutely none! The fact that his wife had it, at home, pretty much disproves your baseless (borderline racist) accusations.

You seem to be missing the fact that it doesn't matter where you are, or who is there...people steal. I don't care if its at a airport or at the gym, it's the same thing to me. The TSA are not police officers, or FBI agents. I don't hold them more accountable to "protect" my stuff then I do a mall cop, or shopping center security guard. They have kept all the airplanes for the past decade safe...so i really don't have a reason to complain. As for my stuff, I hold myself accountable to do that, you should too.

I'm not saying this man shouldn't be punished. He should, but by the law, not a cable network more interested in making money and ratings. Its not ABCs place or right to do so.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone schtozo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ncruzpr View Post
    I don't think that "Find My iPhone" would be able to track it, but I think AT&T will
    my brothers iPhone4 got stolen in august 2012 and we couldn't track it because the stupid thief had removed the sim immediately i guess. we called att and the other stupid said that they can't do anything.
    another story, my wifes iphone4 got stolen too a while back last year and we still didn't have find my iPhone on it so we called att and they couldn't help track it.
    enough said, att are stupid and thieves too
    Last edited by schtozo; 09-28-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    THIS IS AN ADDICTION CALLED IPHONEINE

Green Apple
    Thanks

This guy is not a bit slow, thats for sure. He is TSA and knows that cameras are always around them since the 911 and high security they are under. So why would he even try to steal an ipad first of all? Secondly, he was approached at his house by a news person from a major news agency. As soon as the news person asked him about a stolen ipad and that it was being tracked to his house, he should have excused himself and pretend he had an emergency in the house. He then should have gone inside and taken a hammer to the ipad and bludgeon the thing to death then come back out and continue with the conversation. He then could ask again to see the tracking of the ipad and viola....nothing!!! Then the newsman can send all the audibles he want to the ipad and would get nothing. Then the guy could have told the news people they have a glitch in their software or simply they are mistaken. Here, this guys pulls the ipad out from his house the camera's rolling, of course he is gonna be fired. Lastly, the worst of all is the he WILL NOT be able to get unemployment benefits because he was fired for misconduct....stealing, which is a serious offense and he will no case with the unemployment agency. This poor schmuck is completely screwed. I am sure this guy is in serious pain at this moment but you should havae known better. I hope your wife has a decent paying job to help keep your lives together....sincerely, I do hope that.

Stryker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Like how he tried to pawn the blame off on his wife.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

he's not going to get arrested probably because he already got canned and i'm sure he's on some kind of list anyway that would show up in a background check.

also, what the hell is abc doing planting ipads to create news stories? there are plenty of things going on that they could report on.

how did this guy even get a job at tsa anyway?
    Last edited by alexevo; 09-29-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks

Okay, so your justifying ABC using what amounts to "cruel and unusual punishment" because you are assuming this guy is a repeat offender...
    First of all, what exactly was cruel and unusual? Secondly, I'm not assuming anything. The guy actually had five, yes, five iPads that did not belong to him. So yes, he was a repeat offender. And he was just one TSA of several dozen or more that were caught. So once again, please explain how using "find my device" and a camera to catch a criminal (who is supposed to be a public servant looking out for travelers, which makes it even worse) is in any way cruel and unusual? Are you sure you're not trolling?

Thanks

Okay, so your justifying ABC using what amounts to "cruel and unusual punishment" because you are assuming this guy is a repeat offender... because....people steal...?
    Now I'm sure you're trolling. 1) While I'm not a fan of ABC news, and I've never been a fan of media people hounding people, but what they were doing was exposing what's been going on for sometime in airports (among other places the TSA is at.) This is what investigative reporting is supposed to be doing, and it's nice to see such reporters trying to do their job.

2) The TSA agent highlighted in the video actually stole as many as 4 or 5 iPads, so he indeed was a repeat offender. Maybe you should actually read the relevant stories before making such dis-ingeniousness trollish replies.

3) How exactly is this "cruel and unusual" ? Do you honestly have such a problem exposing what people who are claim to be safe guarding travelers are doing? This wasn't about just one single TSA agent, but dozens of them, and those are just the ones who have been caught so far, so there no telling how many others are doing the same. Why shouldn't this be exposed and reported on?

4) Yes, it sucks for their families, but the TSA agents who were caught made the choice and brought this upon themselves. Please don't defend that.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12