+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos of Working iPad Mini Leak

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Alleged photos of the rumored iPad mini leaked today, putting another dent in Cupertino's famed veil of secrecy. The photos appear to depict a production run, or prototype iPad Mini
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Photos of Working iPad Mini Leak

Alleged photos of the rumored iPad mini leaked today, putting another dent in Cupertino's famed veil of secrecy.

The photos appear to depict a production run, or prototype iPad Mini running iOS 5 (as one can garner from the Maps icon). If real the photos appear to confirm many of the rumors currently circulating regarding the device's smaller physical appearance including rounded iPod like edges. However, the edge to edge bezeless design doesn't appear to be part of the final design, although the bezel is slightly thinner along the sides of the device.

Apple's secrecy, while historically impressive, has taken a massive hit in the past two years. Between the iPhone 4 Gizmodo debacle, and the continually leaked images of the iPhone 5, not much has not been known about Apple devices before their release recently. The only surprise of late came with the Retina Display MacBook Pro and even then the specs sheet was pretty much predetermined.

Apple's supply chain is simply too massive, with too many players for the company to maintain the level of secrecy Jobs was accustomed to during the height of Apple hysteria. Speculation used to rely on trickles of information leaked out of rusty faucets, that no human with an ounce of critical awareness would believe. Now, the leaks are so frequent, and so substantive they're rarely given a second look. Apple's product announcements are filled with almost no suspense as the results are a forgone conclusion. The only people disappointed are those who ignore all the "leaks" or continue to hope and pray that Apple has "one more thing," even though all the specs, and design elements of products are leaked beforehand.

And you know what? This only applies to the iPhone and iPad. Rumors of newly colored iPods surfaced, but there were no actual photos. And the redesigned iPod mini was a pleasant surprise. But, those aren't the big ticket items. Even the people looking to leak information aren't interested in them.

The iPad mini appears to be another victim of Apple's success. We know what is in the pipeline. Heck, some even have it in their hands. We'll all tue=nein to the announcement and hang on Tim Cook's every word. Eventually though, people might get sick of not being surprised.

Source: Bolopad [via CNET and Gizmodo]

Thanks

True story. The leaks ruined the iPhone 5 release, people were underwhelmed at an amazing product. If the same thing happens with iPad mini, maybe leaks will be less desired.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Don Underwhelmed by an amazing product? I fail to see the "Amazing" part. Sure, it has a bigger screen, and 4g, but these have been on competing phones for years now.

As far as the iPad mini goes, I will definitely be buying one if it proves to be true.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    True story. The leaks ruined the iPhone 5 release, people were underwhelmed at an amazing product. If the same thing happens with iPad mini, maybe leaks will be less desired.
    EXACTLY. The iphone 5 gave everybody what they were asking for, updated OS, bigger screen and LTE but i guess because so many people read about it ahead of time, it took some of the luster off it. My only gripe with the iphone 5 is I wish the screen was a tad bit bigger, maybe like a 4.3. Never the less, its preordered and im counting down until friday lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    @ Don Underwhelmed by an amazing product? I fail to see the "Amazing" part. Sure, it has a bigger screen, and 4g, but these have been on competing phones for years now.

As far as the iPad mini goes, I will definitely be buying one if it proves to be true.
    Dude, have you seen it? It IS amazing. They did all the upgrades in a thinner lighter yet still EXTREMELY well built package. It's a marvel of engineering, something which I fail to see in any droid.
    And yes, the koolaid tastes great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    i totally agree Apple has to do something about these leaks i mean it totally blows. I wonder if Apple even cares...

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiswritsat View Post
    i totally agree Apple has to do something about these leaks i mean it totally blows. I wonder if Apple even cares...
    Steve Jobs cared. Apple does not.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure apple cares, but there's nothing they can do to stop it. Maybe they should stop being so dam secretive & show there new ideas a few weeks before production. Apple's old marketing strategy of introducing a new item a week or so before release, no longer works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG PEOPLE. Tim cook already said that there is never going to be an ipad mini. Quit rumoring.

Thanks

I love the new features in iPhone 5 ... but i just hope they change the design...

at least something like this.... not by making iphone 4/4S taller... thats lame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of Working iPad Mini Leak-iphone-design.jpg  
    Last edited by d_animality; 09-18-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks

*GASP...are people starting to see Apple products for what they really are? Polished pieces of older technology?? Notice I did give Apple "polished" I will admit that. But in truth, their products are half hype

-Luke

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    However, the edge to edge bezeless design doesn't appear to be part of the final design, although the bezel is slightly thinner along the sides of the device.
    That's good, the bezel gives you something to hold on to. It wouldn't be good to remove it completely especially since it's a touch-screen device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    OMG PEOPLE. Tim cook already said that there is never going to be an ipad mini. Quit rumoring.
    slap yourself

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post

4G for years!?!?

Green Apple
    Thanks

May be Samsaung is paying to make the apple new products leak out.. :P

Thanks
    Thanked 5,447 Times in 2,686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soti2009 View Post
    May be Samsaung is paying to make the apple new products leak out.. :P
    Lol why would Samsung pay so people can leak apples product before it comes out?! No matter what we who love good stuff will buy and not to be a fanboy but I do love apple and they just keep getting better and better that's why people buy apple product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Awww really ?? Dam it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope this is true.. can't wait for it. Been wanting an ipad this size for a long time. BUT... BUT... maybe the iPhone 5 is big enough?

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    slap yourself

4G for years!?!?

Agreed when Android phones were on "fake" 4G on AT&T (HSPA+ or whatever its called) they didn't mind it. But when iPhone 4S on AT&T was called 4G.. android people had a fit.
    Last edited by vikrants; 09-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks

What are people talking about the iphone 5 is crap! If apple doenst push a jaw dropped product in the year they will start losing customers. You may or may not agree but i am an apple fan boy and i was seriously disappointed that were just getting a 4inch screen. Look what the competitions has. Everyphone has its ups and downs but really.. waited a year for the iphone 5 when its the 6th iphone... mite was welll call it the iphone 4s+

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikrants View Post
    I hope this is true.. can't wait for it. Been wanting an ipad this size for a long time. BUT... BUT... maybe the iPhone 5 is big enough?
    Are we even sure this "iPad mini" isn't just the larger iPhone they just announced?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    What are people talking about the iphone 5 is crap! If apple doenst push a jaw dropped product in the year they will start losing customers. .. waited a year for the iphone 5 when its the 6th iphone... mite was welll call it the iphone 4s+
    Want it to do your dishes and laundry too? It's a phone...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,447 Times in 2,686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Are we even sure this "iPad mini" isn't just the larger iPhone they just announced?

Want it to do your dishes and laundry too? It's a phone...
    Hahahhahja thanks I was goiing to say something nasty before I saw ur post lol

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    What are people talking about the iphone 5 is crap! If apple doenst push a jaw dropped product in the year they will start losing customers. You may or may not agree but i am an apple fan boy and i was seriously disappointed that were just getting a 4inch screen. Look what the competitions has. Everyphone has its ups and downs but really.. waited a year for the iphone 5 when its the 6th iphone... mite was welll call it the iphone 4s+
    I don't care if u are a apple fanboy or not but how u see apple loosing costumer when the new iPhone already sold more than any other iPhone in ore order? And when have u ever in ur life seen a damn line for any android phones or table? None thanks.
    Last edited by zplit; 09-18-2012 at 03:00 PM.