+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Placing 50 to 60 Percent of its iPad Mini Orders at Pegatron

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Reportedly Placing 50 to 60 Percent of its iPad Mini Orders to Pegatron

A recent report claims Chinese firm Pegatron has managed to secure 50% to 60% of orders to assemble the upcoming rumored “iPad mini.” Such a move effectively ends Foxconn’s reign of Apple’s sole iPad manufacturer. The news comes from Taiwan’s Economic Daily News and cites two local security firms that say Pegatron has already began mass production of the rumored smaller 7.85-inch iPad ahead of a possible October debut. Previously, Apple’s major production partner Foxconn handled all iPad manufacturing as well as the bulk of the Cupertino, California company’s computer and iOS device offerings.

Apple is said to be diversifying its supply chain to better meet increasing demand for its hot-selling iDevices, including individual component manufacturers such as Samsung, which was reportedly dropped as a memory supplier for the initial batch of iPhone 5s. The Taiwanese publication also claims Pegatron will be included as an iPhone 5 manufacturer in the fourth quarter to build some of the 53 million units expected to ship this year.

According to the leaked parts, the upcoming 7.85-inch tablet is thought to resemble the last-generation iPod Touch, while being thinner and lighter than Apple’s 9.7-inch iPad. Most recently, images of the purported device’s housing surfaced, lending some credibility to speculation surrounding unit’s design. Apple is expected to announce the so-called “iPad mini” at a special event in October, about one month after the iPhone 5 debut.

Source: Economic Daily News

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Hmm... Apple plays no games..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, I knew there would not be any unavailing of any "iPad Mini" at Apples Keynote. Now here you writers go again. Tell me, you must feel dumb writing this crap? I mean seriously! Oh well, Im glad I have other sources that are more reliable for tech news!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if the HDTV will be announced at that event as well??

Thanks

When are we gonna stop hearing about this iPad mini stuff??? Let me make it simple: it won't happen. Ok? :-)

PS: as an owner of an iPad and a Galaxy Tab2 10.1, thank you Samsung for allowing me to see internet as it is supposed to be seen... With Flash... Even though I love Apple, thumbs up for the Galaxy... I like it!
    Last edited by blueaviator; 09-18-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Yup, I knew there would not be any unavailing of any "iPad Mini" at Apples Keynote. Now here you writers go again. Tell me, you must feel dumb writing this crap? I mean seriously! Oh well, Im glad I have other sources that are more reliable for tech news!
    Um, we all knew that. Mmi knew it, and said as much over a month ago. Lighten up, Francis.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Um, we all knew that. Mmi knew it, and said as much over a month ago. Lighten up, Francis.
    Is that why there is a new article about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    I wonder if the HDTV will be announced at that event as well??
    Oh god, you just reminded the writers about that. Now we will have to hear that BS LOL. Thanks buddy!

Thanks

Ok, where is the price point for this "rumored" device that will give Apple an incentive to make it?

The new entry level iPad $499 (16GB wifi) or $629 (16GB wifi/cellular)
    The new entry level iPod Touch $299 (32GB) or $399 (64GB)

Let's say they start at $399 for 16GB wifi only (because you can't charge more than it's bigger brother). Would customers realistically pay $100 less for a three inch screen difference than the current new iPad? What will happen to iPhone users who will see their unlocked devices costing more than the entry level iPad mini with wifi/cellular at $529? Or why not just get an iPad 2 wifi/cellular for that same $529 price point with the bigger screen? There is very little room Apple has as far as pricing structure goes for this "unicorn." I would be surprised if Apple does release this but what do I know.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Ok, where is the price point for this "rumored" device that will give Apple an incentive to make it?

The new entry level iPad $499 (16GB wifi) or $629 (16GB wifi/cellular)
    The new entry level iPod Touch $299 (32GB) or $399 (64GB)

Let's say they start at $399 for 16GB wifi only (because you can't charge more than it's bigger brother). Would customers realistically pay $100 less for a three inch screen difference than the current new iPad? What will happen to iPhone users who will see their unlocked devices costing more than the entry level iPad mini with wifi/cellular at $529? Or why not just get an iPad 2 wifi/cellular for that same $529 price point with the bigger screen? There is very little room Apple has as far as pricing structure goes for this "unicorn." I would be surprised if Apple does release this but what do I know.
    This is a good point. In my head I've been banking on an ipad mini at the $199.00 benchmark to compete with the Fire and such. But I guess I had no idea ipod touches were that expensive....so I do wonder what the price of something like that would be.

If it doesn't exist by October or costs more than $250.00 I'm going with a Fire.