+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possibility of Revised Third-Generation iPad Being Released Alongside iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Possibility of Revised Third-Generation iPad Being Released Alongside iPad Mini

A recent report from research firm DisplaySearch claims that a new iPad is indeed scheduled to arrive alongside the iPad mini, which will be lighter and cooler. According to DisplaySearch, Apple has been keeping the supply chain busy in the latter half of 2012 when it comes to LCD displays, with the intent of launching the next-gen iPhone and new iPad mini. The research firm even made a note about the third-generation iPad, which can be seen below:

The new iPad leads the tablet PC market with its high resolution (9.7” QXGA with 200+ ppi) and high color saturation. However, Apple is working with the LCD supply chain to refresh the display, including revising the LED backlight design for cost reduction, refining the thermal solution, reducing the weight by replacing some components, and fine tuning the panel transmittance for lower power consumption.
    One of the questions that keeps coming up when discussing the topic is why Apple would revise the new iPad halfway through the generation but several reasons come up here. The first one being that Apple is currently using inefficient displays when compared to Sharp IGZO display panels and the new iPad is heavier and fatter than its predecessor. This is partially because it needs a larger battery to power the screen, one that is considerably more expensive as well. By revising the design of the third-generation iPad, Apple could save in component costs, maximize profits as well as provide improved battery life and charging times, while shrinking the form factor of the device. All of which are good pretty good reasons to revise a device.

At the same time, redesigning a product halfway through its generation has costs of its own. Would such a move be worth it for Apple? The Cupertino California company might consider just waiting until next year’s refresh of the next-generation iPad instead of rushing into it prematurely. Either way, we’ll find out soon enough as the iPad mini is rumored to be announced at a separate event early next month.

Source: DisplaySearch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

If it brings any advanced hardware features such as a faster processor I'm going to be quite annoyed seeing as though they have timed it perfectly after millions of University students including myself have invested in iPad 3s earlier this month in preparation to aid with studie; they are supposed to be supporting students, not annoying them by releasing a newer product just weeks after they have bought the current version.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not going to happen. Did it happen last year? Or the year before?
    These are the same rumours and "reports" that crop up around this time every autumn since the original iPad.

Thanks

Oh...that's untimely....Perhaps next year Apple would make those refinements for the iPad 3 and Introduce this year the iPad Mini....Let us all keep our fingers crossed....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

why do they always talk about a revision 6mo in? Apple has not and doubtfully would do it. They will simply wait for spring, to keep the 1 year cycle. Apple has not deviated from this and I cant see the reason why they would.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 3.5 will be coming next year people.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Running stories you know are complete hogwash discredits this website. It's ok if the isn't any Apple news for one day.. Really it is

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    If it brings any advanced hardware features such as a faster processor I'm going to be quite annoyed seeing as though they have timed it perfectly after millions of University students including myself have invested in iPad 3s earlier this month in preparation to aid with studie; they are supposed to be supporting students, not annoying them by releasing a newer product just weeks after they have bought the current version.
    How will a faster processor change the quality and the amount of your studies??? If they will improve battery life by 2h though...

Banned
    Thanks

So we are getting a "iPad mini" and a "New New iPad" right?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,301 Times in 5,967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    So we are getting a "iPad mini" and a "New New iPad" right?
    No it will be the "New iPad S"
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    These are the same rumours and "reports" that crop up around this time every autumn since the original iPad.
    Exactly! This 'rumor' started 6 months after the release of the original iPad and it just keeps popping up every year!

This is one rumor MMI should stop entertaining...

Thanks

You should probably "studie" a lil more...it's "study" js

Green Apple
    Thanks

they are supposed to be supporting students, not annoying them
    yes, because that's the sole purpose of apples existence - to supporting whining students that don't pay full price for their products...

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'll be called, Ipad The Third

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Did you forget about the 2nd gen iPad 2.
    It can and probably will happen.

Banned
    Thanks

that's your problem. what are you complaining about? you free to buy or not buy whatever you want.

Thanks

Hmmm..this one sounds a bit far fetched. First off there is no other tablet that even compares at this time. Apple has the market sewn up for the moment. Not sure why they feel they need to come out with something so soon. Im fine waiting for a great final product versus one that is missing key features I feel should be native :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

"iPad mini"?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Hmmm..this one sounds a bit far fetched. First off there is no other tablet that even compares at this time. Apple has the market sewn up for the moment. Not sure why they feel they need to come out with something so soon. Im fine waiting for a great final product versus one that is missing key features I feel should be native :]
    Are you jailbroken? Just wondering :P