+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will The iPad Mini Debut at Next Week's iPhone 5 Event?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
On Tuesday, Apple began formally issuing invitations to members of the media ahead of the company's iPhone 5 unveiling next Wednesday, September 12th. Almost immediately after the invitation became public
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Will The iPad Mini Debut at Next Week's iPhone 5 Event?

On Tuesday, Apple began formally issuing invitations to members of the media ahead of the company's iPhone 5 unveiling next Wednesday, September 12th. Almost immediately after the invitation became public knowledge, inquiring minds wanted to know if next week's event was only about the next generation iPhone.

As it turns out... it probably is.

According to the inside word within the pool of knowledgeable industry analysts and market watchers, there will be no mention of Apple's rumored forthcoming iPad Mini during the September 12th event. All attention will be concentrated on the next-gen iPhone for the remainder of September.

October, on the other hand, is a different story.

As MMi's Phillip Swanson reported August 25th, current plans purportedly call for Apple to host a separate - and equally well-hyped - media event in October to formally unveil the company’s smaller iPad - a lower-cost alternative to the traditional iPad which may prove a huge seller in emerging markets throughout 2013.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Three things to look forward to.
    The next iPhone.
    Possible mini iPad.
    Amanda Palmer's new album.
    It'll be a good week next week.

Thanks

I really want to see how it's going to turn out. I use my iPad sooo much but I can't really imagine working productively with a bt keyboard and a smaller screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't forget the Nintendo conference on your great week list.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I bought an ipad 3 then sold it 3 weeks later because it is just a big iphone 4s (except the calls !) Why would i want a inbetween model?
    it just dosen't make sense !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
    I bought an ipad 3 then sold it 3 weeks later because it is just a big iphone 4s (except the calls !) Why would i want a inbetween model?
    Wouldn't the iPad mini 'still' be "just a big iPhone 4s (except the calls)" aka iPod? Just sayin...!

Thanks

Please please just debut it

Thanks

There's only two ways things can end up next week, I hope it's not disappointing! I'm very excited for the new iPhone, as for the mini iPad I'll buy it as long as it has it's own unique features.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

(because it is just a big iphone)... that is awesome for Internet YouTube email etc..... The biggest hit this century! A big iPhone come on!

Green Apple
    Thanks

im just gonna wait til iOS 6 jailbreak comes out for iPhone5 and new iPad mini, i can wait, there's really nothing that spectacular with unjailbroken apple products. i'm still rocking my jailbroken atv2, iphone4 and ipod4g. the apple television might be the only product imma be thirsty to buy if it turn out like the rumors say.. plus i doubt iPad mini will be mentioned because there would of been leaked photos from china of its pieces, like the iphone5 leaks..
    Last edited by n0id; 09-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks

I'm sad to see that you made this mistake. Apparently you didn't check out the app stores 10,000 plus apps which are for iPad. Or those that are iPad and iPhone but have many many many more features on the iPad. In fact I find that when apps are available for both iPhone and iPad I rarely even install them on my iPhone because they are far better on the iPad. I would be tempted to say that the iPhone is a dumbed down iPad with phone capability.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I for one can't wait. As a father of three with a very modest income, the iPads have been a bit beyond my price range. The only reason I'm fortunate enough to have the 4s is the 2 year agreement. As far as the next gen iPhone, well, maybe when my upgrade rolls around.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

They might as well debut it. It would be only a month away. I'm sure they will and then release it in October

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    They might as well debut it. It would be only a month away. I'm sure they will and then release it in October
    But u have to think about Christmas time. Apple would rather debut it later so it will spark Christmas Gift appeal!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You clearly wouldn't want an inbetween model so I won't try to convince you, but others would. I don't think it likely that many would have all 3 sizes (phone, ipad, ipad-mini) but some people like my brother got a kindle fire because they don't want a tablet as large as the regular ipad. Other people don't want to spend the $$ on an ipad. People such as these are good candidates for the ipad mini.

edited to say: In fact, I'm considering that perhaps the mini can replace both my phone and pad. Jailbroken I can make phone calls and use up my data since I don't talk on the phone much at all. I'll see what happens.
    Last edited by budsalinger; 09-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There will not be an iPhone mini as Apple will just keep the 3GS for sale at probably an even more reduced price.

dxe
    Green Apple
    Thanks

what did you think it was?? Inquiring minds want to know....

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Three things to look forward to.
    The next iPhone.
    Possible mini iPad.
    Amanda Palmer's new album.
    It'll be a good week next week.
    Don't forget NHL 13 next Tuesday
    Last edited by fanboyfanboy; 09-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

He may have thought it is a more functional tablet computer like the ones on PC back in the 90's, one you can install programs like office and do actual work. This iPad has nothing really to differentiate itself from iPhone/iPod except larger screen with a bit better but comparable apps... sometimes...

iPhone 5 have larger screen, if anything iPhone will get bigger not smaller.

Oh, don't really care for the mini since I already have iPad sitting on my desk collecting dust.