Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will The iPad Mini Debut at Next Week's iPhone 5 Event?

Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
    I bought an ipad 3 then sold it 3 weeks later because it is just a big iphone 4s (except the calls !) Why would i want a inbetween model?
    it just dosen't make sense !
    You must not use any apps. The point of the iPad is to have the great functionality of an iPhone/iPod with a larger screen. Allowing you to see more things and not be as constricted.

So for someone that just world processes and emails and stuff an iPad is great for with no need for a larger (probably slower) laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualReality View Post
    There will not be an iPhone mini as Apple will just keep the 3GS for sale at probably an even more reduced price.
    Did you even read the article? No one is talking about an iPhone mini. Jeez. And how do you beat free for 3GS? Apple starts paying us to take them lol

What about a new iPod Touch!?!? That's all I want is a faster iPod Touch! I feel as though everyone's forgotten about it.

Are they going to make a new iPod touch?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone else thinking that the so called "iPad Mini" will actually turn out to be the new iPod? Or am I the only one?

It makes since to me...iPod is such a recognizable brand/name, and it is dying off (at least by Apple standards)...What better way to reintroduce and reinvigorate the iPod then to market it as a "mini iPad"? It sure beats being "a iPhone without a phone."

And i highly doubt Apple is going to keep the use of the word "touch" associated with any of their product names. I think people get the idea by now...yes, you TOUCH the screen, this is not new anymore...No way Apple brings "touch" back.

The iPod is famous for being a media player, a "iPad mini" would be more than capable of keeping this tradition alive....WHO WANTS TO BET!!?
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
    I bought an ipad 3 then sold it 3 weeks later because it is just a big iphone 4s (except the calls !) Why would i want a inbetween model?
    it just dosen't make sense !
    I would say more like an oversized iPod touch

What would it be called?
    iPad mini or iPod touch XL.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Is anyone else thinking that the so called "iPad Mini" will actually turn out to be the new iPod? Or am I the only one?

It makes since to me...iPod is such a recognizable brand/name, and it is dying off (at least by Apple standards)...What better way to reintroduce and reinvigorate the iPod then to market it as a "mini iPad"? It sure beats being "a iPhone without a phone."

And i highly doubt Apple is going to keep the use of the word "touch" associated with any of their product names. I think people get the idea by now...yes, you TOUCH the screen, this is not new anymore...No way Apple brings "touch" back.

The iPod is famous for being a media player, a "iPad mini" would be more than capable of keeping this tradition alive....WHO WANTS TO BET!!?
    You actually make a very good point but the iPod has always been considered a 'music player.' An iPod XL wouldn't be convenient to carry around if you're just wanting it for music. Because of that portability issue, I'm thinking it won't be named an iPod. Aside from that, what you said makes total sense!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12