Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HyperJuice 2 Brings Much Needed Redesign, Improved Efficiency to Portable Chargers

Default HyperJuice 2 Brings Much Needed Redesign, Improved Efficiency to Portable Chargers

It might be overkill, but the recently released HyperJuice 2 has enough power to charge a MacBook and two iPads at the same time.

The new portable battery pack made its debut at IFA 2012 and provides 100Wh of power. The HyperJuice itself takes four hours to charge, but after itís ready to go, the two 10W USB ports and a single DC outlet provide enough connects to satisfy your power hungry devices. Honestly, someone could connect more iPads to their charging MacBook for even more charging madness.

The charger is compatible with any of your MacBook Pros as long as you have a DC adapter and any of your iPads or iPhones.Your iPad can run for an extra 50 hours on a fully powered HyperJuice, a MacBook will get 26 additional hours (pending size) and your iPhone can be charged full between 19 and 24 times.

Those who need this kind of power are likely power users or running a booth at a trade show somewhere, or someone dead set on never having their gadgets die while traveling. The HyperJuice 2 isnít cheap with a suggested retail price of $299, but if you need a sleek-looking brick of energy this appears to be a solid choice.

Source: GizMag
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 09-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Dang that thing looks hardcore.
    Other than the price I'm so tempted.

What is a DC adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Dang that thing looks hardcore.
    Other than the price I'm so tempted.

What is a DC adapter?
    Here you go
    DC Charger
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (09-02-2012)

What's that extra piece of metal between the mac and the L-head charger?

Quote Originally Posted by siewyc View Post
    I believe it's a MagSafe adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Here you go
    DC Charger
    You do realize that some people haven't driven a car before due to preexisting conditions like epileptic seizures right?
    Let's hope you feel bad jerk.

Thanks

You do realize that some people haven't driven a car before due to preexisting conditions like epileptic seizures right?
    ... lol

Is this charger available now?
    I went to the Hyper juice website, and the battery they do there is called Hyper juice, not Hyper juice 2, and the site says that it can charge an iPhone for up to 14 times not between 19 and 24 times.
    I want to make sure I get the right product and don't land with an old version, if it isn't available yet, when will it be?
    What should I be looking for to ensure I get the right version?

Quote Originally Posted by siewyc View Post
    It looks like a magsafe adapter for the Retina Macbook.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a beast! I would LOVE to own one of these babies! Perhaps even two ~ one for me and my wife, and another for my siblings. Epic ~ and a great marketing design!

Off topic, but do you know of any cydia tweaks that turns the qwerty keyboard of your iPhone to the traditional alphanumeric keyboard? I did some research and found out that there WAS a cydia tweak like this during the iOS3 times.. It was called MultiTap. But apparently, the dev hasn’t updated the tweak ever since. I'm using an appstore app called FastPad to use the traditional alphanumeric keyboard. But it's just an app and only works by copying and pasting stuff (which is beyond annoying!) So, I was wondering if you could contact a dev that you know or make a post about alphanumeric keyboard on ModMyi to catch the attention of the awesomely talented devs out there? Thank you so much for any answers you might have in response to this post ~ and brilliant post and news update on this epic piece of metal!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Here you go
    DC Charger
    Ahaha legend

My sister has epileptic seizures and can still drive legally. What kind of epileptic seizures do you have?

Or you could do what normal people do and buy a spare battery for your laptop? this thing is huge, and other (less expensive) "power brick" options already exist on the market. Maybe I missed something.