Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims Apple Using New Tech to Make iPad Mini Thinnest Tablet Ever

Default Report Claims Apple Using New Tech to Make iPad Mini Thinnest Tablet Ever

Apple’s iPad mini will reportedly use a combination of old and new technology to achieve an incredibly thin design.

The chief technology allowing Apple’s engineers to produce a tablet as thin as the iPad is something called “GF Ditto” or GF2. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo with KGI securities claimed in a research note Friday that Apple will be the first company to mass produce the technology for commercial use.

The new technology is reportedly an improvement over the “G/G touch structure” Apple currently uses in the third-generation iPad. The new GF2 tech will allow Apple’s iPad mini to be considerably thinner, and noticeably lighter as well. Kuo estimates the iPad mini’s touch-panel thickness could be less than 2.2mm alone and below 4.2mm including the printed circuit board.

Apple’s search for thinner, and lighter products will apparently continue, spearheaded by the iPad Mini and the MacBook Pro with Retina Display. However, in the case of the iPad mini, developing a device that produces the necessary manufacturing yields and passes Apple’s drop test has been an even greater challenge than normal according to Kuo. The design challenges allegedly led a an internal delay in the release of the iPad mini according to Kuo which will translate to an October release for the device.

Source: AppleInsider

Rumors about a rumor... Hmm

Apple gonna start selling security cameras!

Source: Meeeeeee.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Pretty soon its just going to snap in half because it's too thin.

Banned
    Thanks

So who is copying who now. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is supposed to be the thinnest and lightest tablet on the market so if Apple are saying they will make a thinner tablet then they are copying Samsung.

How about Apple just stick to 10 inch tablets instead of copying Android tablets. I bet when they do release the iPad mini they will sue Samsung for having a same size tablet even that Samsung were the first to have them that small.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    So who is copying who now. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is supposed to be the thinnest and lightest tablet on the market so if Apple are saying they will make a thinner tablet then they are copying Samsung.

How about Apple just stick to 10 inch tablets instead of copying Android tablets. I bet when they do release the iPad mini they will sue Samsung for having a same size tablet even that Samsung were the first to have them that small.
    Just shut up. We don't need trolls here

Dude apple never filed a suit for screen sizes, they filed a suit for similar body which is very different than a screen size. Know ur facts before u write. I ll tell u what the hells copying all about: there is an undo feature in ios that comes up if u shake ur device when editing/typing text anywhere, samsung or google (not sure of its a samsung only feature or android) copied that shake gesture as well, and who da hell ran to copy siri by making s voice just a few days after ios 5 release...lots of other examples where google and samsung both rip off apples ideas and designs..

Can you guys start using "Article" instead of "Report"? I see report and assume it's proof. Accurate title descriptions.

"article claims apple using new..."

And in the article

"the new tech is supposedly" instead of "reportedly"

Leave this site and stop coming back, I'd like to see some intellectual comments not someone with boobs as their icon and stupidity spilling out of their mouth. Who the hell said creating better tech is "copying"? That's called competition, not plagiarism. Don't just jump to conclusions based on your limited common sense. Consumers are looking for different sized devices due to want. It's the same thing they are doing with the new iPhone.

Too right Apple are copying, they have seen there is a market for 7" tablets and want to dominate that area as well

Quote Originally Posted by Swatme101 View Post
    I'd like to see some intellectual comments not someone with boobs as their icon and stupidity spilling out of their mouth.
    Ummm, Pretty sure that is a rear end with the apple logo cut out NOT boobs.
    And yea, now the tablet is sure to break into a hundred pieces when someone accidentally drops it. The tablets are thin enough. Unless they start making them out of paper. And make them light as paper so they dont break if dropped...

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I fail to see how making a smaller size version of a product you invented within a market that exists almost entirely because of your own ideas is "copying".

Your logic is almost as baffling as your motivation to post on this site regularly.

Few days til conference.. F*** rumors now.. excuse my language.. but we'll see what apple has up their sleeves in a few days! Then we can laugh at who was right and who was wrong!

Thanks

Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I fail to see how making a smaller size version of a product you invented within a market that exists almost entirely because of your own ideas is "copying".

Your logic is almost as baffling as your motivation to post on this site regularly.
    Ha, your facts are almost just as baffling. Apple did not create the tablet market, they just enlarged it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Rumors about a rumor... Hmm
    +1,000,000

This says it all and should've ended any post afterwards!!!

Why is there all this talk of an iPhone 6 and iPad Mini......What about an iPod Touch 5G? I need an upgrade...The camera sucks and the A4 is starting to seem slow to me and the battery life is weak I have to charge it 3 times a day! So if anyone out there knows any news of a new iPod please tell me.

Thanks

Prove it! Show me a pic or a vid of it right now..i'll be waiting..

Thanks

Sighh

Quote Originally Posted by iPodTouch149 View Post
    Why is there all this talk of an iPhone 6 and iPad Mini......What about an iPod Touch 5G? I need an upgrade...The camera sucks and the A4 is starting to seem slow to me and the battery life is weak I have to charge it 3 times a day! So if anyone out there knows any news of a new iPod please tell me.
    I too will be mad if they don't upgrade their iPod Touch. I can't run all these jailbreak apps without having to respring every 20 minutes. Apple would be a fool not to upgrade it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast