+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Delta Takes Flight with iPads in US Airport Restaurants

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Delta Takes Flight with iPads in US Airport Restaurants

As MMi has frequently covered in the past, major and minor U.S. airlines alike are scrambling to put thousands of Apple iPads into circulation for both pilots and passengers. But now the race to reach travelers even before they touch the terminal is underway.

Delta Airlines has announced plans to deploy 4,500 iPads at U.S. airport restaurants over the next two years. The first wave of installations will take place at restaurants in Minnesota - specifically, at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
    Travelers can also check their flight status, play games and watch the news through pre-loaded apps. Once a customer has finished using the iPad, personal information is securely removed from the device.
    Most impressively, the use of iPads will enable customers to have their food ordered and brought out in fifteen minutes or less, on average.

"Delta is following through on our commitment to invest in our Minneapolis-St. Paul hub by improving the airport experience with these truly unique amenities," announced Bill Lentsch, an executive with Delta’s Minnesota unit. "These enhancements on the ground coupled with our in-flight investments such as installing full flatbed seats in BusinessElite and Wi-Fi on more than 800 aircraft, make for a unique traveling experience on Delta that no other carrier can match."

Source: Airport World

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about Atlanta??

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in the suburbs of the twin cities, with MSP being the main airport, the reason this is going here is because when Delta bought out northwest, the northwest International hub was located here

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That's pretty awesome. I'm glad they're expanding in Minneapolis-St. Paul first, I think that's one of the nicest Airports around!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And I'm sure they'll lay off another few hundred workers to cover the expense.