Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Photos of HTC Tablet Look Like a Miniature iMac

Default Leaked Photos of HTC Tablet Look Like a Miniature iMac

Photos of HTCs tablet have leaked, and the design is likely raising a few eyebrows on the Cupertino campus.

The photos posted on Twitter via evleaks show a device with what appears to be a 10.1-inch display, a confusingly placed camera on the bottom front of the device, and a design that looks like a miniature iMac. The device literally looks like Rick Moranis shrunk down his iMac in another freak lab accident.

In what might be an ironic twist, HTCís tablet will be the first non-Apple tablet to move markedly away from the iPads design. Even if it is achieved by copying another Apple product. HTC hasnít been a prominent player in the tablet market with only two prior offerings Iím sure no one has ever seen.

If HTCís latest offering catches on it could prove encouraging for other tablet makers struggling to bring non-patent violating designs to market. Or, if it fails then everyone just goes back to the drawing board.

Source: BGR

Thanks

Thats a sick tablet

Isn't it a bit of a stretch saying it looks like an iMac? For starters it's white and the iMac is brushed aluminium. Then there is the bezel all the way around which the iMac doesn't have. The big Apple logo is missing too o.O

Maybe if you are Mr Magoo you could say it kinda likes like the love child of the current iMac and an old iMac G5.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Umm yeah, Saying that looks like an iMac is kinda like saying a green tomato looks like an apple (the edible kind)..

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Fanboys for ya. Think everything is based off of Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    This!! Btw if that display is equal or better than the iPad 3 I am buying it.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Isn't it a bit of a stretch saying it looks like an iMac? For starters it's white and the iMac is brushed aluminium. Then there is the bezel all the way around which the iMac doesn't have. The big Apple logo is missing too o.O

Maybe if you are Mr Magoo you could say it kinda likes like the love child of the current iMac and an old iMac G5.
    I believe the iMac has a bezel. Also I thought it was brushed aluminum but I zoomed in and it's definitely white which totally makes it look less like an iMac. But I just need to say it not having an apple logo seriously that's the point you are trying to use to say it doesn't look like it... Something doesn't need to have an apple logo to copy apple.. Like its hard to put into the words how dumb I think you are for saying "it's missing the apple logo" (not exact words but that's what you basically said) I agree it's not a copy but still.,

are you high? lol that l looks (at a glance) an iMac screen i mean i dont know how you could deny that..

i mean for real

no where does it say it looks exactly like an imac but i mean at first glance lol come on
    Last edited by subywrex; 08-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    This!! Btw if that display is equal or better than the iPad 3 I am buying it.
    Depending on how smooth the os is I'd agree with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    It is...
    Where've you been?

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    are you high? lol that l looks (at a glance) an iMac screen i mean i dont know how you could deny that..

i mean for real

no where does it say it looks exactly like an imac but i mean at first glance lol come on
    I could ask you the same question. I see no resemblance to the current iMac. Wrong color. No bezel on current iMac. Your photo shows that clearly. If you see a resemblance then good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Depending on how smooth the os is I'd agree with ya.

It is...
    Where've you been?
    Lol exactly

Thanks

I could ask you the same question. I see no resemblance to the current iMac. Wrong color. No bezel on current iMac. Your photo shows that clearly. If you see a resemblance then good for you.
    Good for me then ehh

Your retarded. Honestly. Why are you even on these forums. He was simply making the point they look very similar. And they do. Subtract the ugly bottom on the htc tablet. And you have an iMac screen that's white w/ a full bezel.

So a red mustang and a green mustang gt must not look similar either right?

::scratch head::

You guys are nutts!!! THIS looks exactly like a iMac.

so because they didnt put an apple on the bottom (there not apple so why would they do that) and they added a small bezel around the black it looks nothing like an imac screen? dude you are seriously delusional! again and i will repeat no where did i say or did anyone say they look exact. but literally at glance they look the same.

Your argument still is because its white? who freggin cares if it was red. i can paint anything any color, just cause the color changes doesnt make the design change..

and just because you seem to lack any type of imagination in seeing past the white versus brushed here you go.

Last edited by subywrex; 08-30-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Some one had to come out with it sooner or later, we aren't gonna wait for apple to come out with everything in one year, that said apple is kinda falling behind the sales might say different but looks like apple is falling behind.... To me.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Love how you single me out even though 3 of the first 4 comments, including mine, all said or implied it didn't look like an iMac. Whatever. If you want to think that everything looks like some Apple product then that's your right. Just like its mine to say it doesn't. Only difference is I'm not slagging off at people for having an opinion. Yet you guys feel the need to attack anyone who has a different opinion to yours. Nice social skills. Slow clap.....

It's a white rectangle

Love how you single me out even though 3 of the first 4 comments, including mine, all said or implied it didn't look like an iMac. Whatever. If you want to think that everything looks like some Apple product then that's your right. Just like its mine to say it doesn't. Only difference is I'm not slagging off at people for having an opinion. Yet you guys feel the need to attack anyone who has a different opinion to yours. Nice social skills. Slow clap.....
    Love the slow clap lol and
    He's got a point here.

Quote Originally Posted by fungusfeet View Post
    It's a white rectangle
    Yea but since it's a shape and apparently apple made all of the shapes because they are the almighty no one can use anything that resembles anything because they are stealing from apple and "everyone knows they don't steal from no one, they make everything up themselves, everyone else just steals from them"!
    Last edited by Dark_Ninja; 08-30-2012 at 02:42 AM.

How about it DOESN"T look like one... It looks like a black and white tablet that inevitably has to be rectangular! My lord these articles are like a bi*chy child wrote them, Apple fanboys.

Rectangles need, I'm afraid, to be rectangular, and for this reason all similarly sized devices are going to appear similar if they're the same colour scheme(isn).
    Last edited by Adrianvert; 08-30-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast