Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Photos of HTC Tablet Look Like a Miniature iMac

You guys are getting ridiculous with your copy claims.

Let me get this right. You're upset because everything looks like an iPad. When someone tries to NOT make it look like an iPad... you still get upset?

Someone at Apple is saying "awww hell nah!"

I like how it looks like an iMac. Because I like the look of the iMac.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    I would to but IOS has the best apps to me so I'll stay with the iPad.

Living in reality

Sweet, can I join?

Thanks

Law suit!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tongxinshe View Post
    He meant the older while iMac, especially in the second picture (sitting on a stand).

You guys are TOO young to the Mac world, you don't even know the existence of the white iMac, which existed for much much longer than the current iMac.
    +100

Google: 'iMac 2006', you'll see the white iMac. I used to own one AND I do see the resemblance!!!

http://i.t.com.com/i/lumiere/2006/09...06-320x240.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    You guys are getting ridiculous with your copy claims.

Let me get this right. You're upset because everything looks like an iPad. When someone tries to NOT make it look like an iPad... you still get upset?
    I could care less what blows my mind is how anyone can say that the two products look nothing alike lmao

So no one could make an electronic device that's white with space on the bottom without being seen as copying Apple? Apple didn't invent these colors, they just used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    So no one could make an electronic device that's white with space on the bottom without being seen as copying Apple? Apple didn't invent these colors, they just used them.
    But these people think if apple uses it then that means invented/made it and no else can use it!

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

How do some people not see any resemblance to it? It's obvious that there is a significant similarity between the two. I'm not even trying to say they blatently copied the iMac at all, just that there are a number of strong similarities: narrow bezel except for the extended lower panel that is completely clean except for a black object in the center of it, black bezel/trim around the screen, etc.

Bats and birds look similar enough for people to mistake them, doesn't mean one copied the other.

Thanks

It looks like a Samsung Galaxy tablet..where's my lawyer?? haha :]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Let's get some things straight here.
    The rectangle shape of the screen is selected by the resolution which is determined by the apps available on the Android. For an example you can not make a square screen to use program that is made for a landscape display, but you can run landscape on square shape app. So this tablet will have the same basic shape to just about all other tablets out there.
    Having thin bezel is what everyone is doing, you do that to computer monitors you do that to TV. Why put a thick bezel when you do not have to? Just to waste some money? I see htc did make 1 side thicker just to differentiate itself from iPad, then went further to make the thick bezel functional. They made it sturdy enough for the stand so the tablet can stand upright. Most likely made it forward facing speakers to better utilize the space, unlike iPad's useless speakers facing anyone but the one who is using the damn device.
    I do see it have some similarities but there is enough difference there to not be mistaken for an iMac. The old 2006 white iMac have cheap plastic white bezel and cover, it also have quite a bit of sharp corners. And that 2006 iMac shape is similar to quite a few LCD TV at that time, I remember an old Sony TV have this same basic shape you guys will have to search for it if you want to check.
    Last edited by unison999; 08-31-2012 at 05:23 PM.

why isn't Michelin suing Bridgestone for having similar products?...

I think this tablet just looks like the new HTC ONE X in a tablet size.... and looks awesome btw...

Quote Originally Posted by alphonso View Post
    I think this tablet just looks like the new HTC ONE X in a tablet size.... and looks awesome btw..
    It looks more like the old iMac than that phone. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by alphonso View Post
    why isn't Michelin suing Bridgestone for having similar products?...

I think this tablet just looks like the new HTC ONE X in a tablet size.... and looks awesome btw...
    I'm sure they would if there tread pattern was a copy of there own product. The similarity of the two products go far beyond the rectangle shape.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I'm sure they would if there tread pattern was a copy of there own product. The similarity of the two products go far beyond the rectangle shape.
    Just using search on wikipedia you see big bulky thick iMac with almost square shape screen, ugly as hell in today's standards.
    There is more things to differentiate the two products when I look further.
    17" standard monitor iMac vs what looks like 10" Landscape htc tablet
    thick cheap white plastic iMac vs nice thin plastic htc tablet
    attached stand iMac vs removable holder tablet
    Big Apple logo on bottom vs htc logo on top
    iMac looks like camera up top vs camera on bottom htc + looks like it may have a camera in back
    Desktop computer vs tablet

If you guys think Apple have a case here, I hope Apple do file lawsuit.
    I am sure htc will fight back and win, maybe even help their case to challenge the previous judgement.
    Last edited by unison999; 09-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Just using search on wikipedia you see big bulky thick iMac with almost square shape screen, ugly as hell in today's standards.
    There is more things to differentiate the two products when I look further.
    17" standard monitor iMac vs what looks like 10" Landscape htc tablet
    thick cheap white plastic iMac vs nice thin plastic htc tablet
    attached stand iMac vs removable holder tablet
    Big Apple logo on bottom vs htc logo on top
    iMac looks like camera up top vs camera on bottom htc + looks like it may have a camera in back
    Desktop computer vs tablet

If you guys think Apple have a case here, I hope Apple do file lawsuit.
    I am sure htc will fight back and win, maybe even help their case to challenge the previous judgement.
    Never said anything about a valid case. Just saying. The two look similar a 1/4 scale mustang still looks like a full scale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123