+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Photos of HTC Tablet Look Like a Miniature iMac

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
This site is complete SHITTT! *freedom of speech*
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

This site is complete SHITTT!

*freedom of speech*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Isn't it a bit of a stretch saying it looks like an iMac? For starters it's white and the iMac is brushed aluminium. Then there is the bezel all the way around which the iMac doesn't have. The big Apple logo is missing too o.O

Maybe if you are Mr Magoo you could say it kinda likes like the love child of the current iMac and an old iMac G5.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    This site is complete SHITTT!

*freedom of speech*
    Ok, your freedom right...
    Then get off the site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    This!! Btw if that display is equal or better than the iPad 3 I am buying it.
    I would to but IOS has the best apps to me so I'll stay with the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Depending on how smooth the os is I'd agree with ya.

It is...
    Where've you been?
    Living in reality

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's so pretty! I want this with iOS on it. I think that if that could happen, It would be the best thing ever. )

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

F**k all ya it's so ugly to look like my lovely iMac

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a white iMac from 2008. This tablet looks just like it. You have to be a moron to deny it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    are you high? lol that l looks (at a glance) an iMac screen i mean i dont know how you could deny that..

i mean for real

no where does it say it looks exactly like an imac but i mean at first glance lol come on
    thank you!!!!! How are people not seeing this

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianvert View Post
    How about it DOESN"T look like one... It looks like a black and white tablet that inevitably has to be rectangular! My lord these articles are like a bi*chy child wrote them, Apple fanboys.

Rectangles need, I'm afraid, to be rectangular, and for this reason all similarly sized devices are going to appear similar if they're the same colour scheme(isn).
    You are right about the whole shape thing. Obviously..yes..If you want to create a tablet that functions like an iPad, and something people are used too seeing/holding, it would have to be the same shape as a iPad.

All of this fighting is getting old...I remember the good ol days of fighting over what the next iPhone will be called (iPhone 5......) Now it's the rational people (also known as Apple fanboys) vs the people who cannot accept the simple fact that Apple created something the entire world wanted (also know as delusional, blind, immature droid bots) .

Instead, they pretend as if Apple did not change EVERYTHING with their products....and choose to call it all some sort of coincidence or conspiracy theory that Apple has been copied and mimicked every step of the way.

If Samsung, HTC, etc, could just ADMIT they were massively influenced by Apple and their designs (and you as droid bots could accept this fact as well), we all would be in a better, more educated, and just flat out happier world/forum!
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In 2007 (which is the model of iMac i have) the iMac had a bezel. Also from those pictures it's hard to tell which one is white and which one is aluminum.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I could ask you the same question. I see no resemblance to the current iMac. Wrong color. No bezel on current iMac. Your photo shows that clearly. If you see a resemblance then good for you.
    I see a bezel.. it just happens to be black.

Thanks

Ya know, if I just start backing away from my iMac, farther, farther, farther.... Yep. Now this looks exactly like that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Your retarded. Honestly. Why are you even on these forums. He was simply making the point they look very similar. And they do. Subtract the ugly bottom on the htc tablet. And you have an iMac screen that's white w/ a full bezel.

So a red mustang and a green mustang gt must not look similar either right?

::scratch head::
    I don't think you have the right to call someone retarded when you yourself can't even spell, "you're."
    You're: you are. As in, "you're retarded"
    Your: belonging to you. this is your retarded friend

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you guys kidding me? HTC has been using this look: White, black bezel, screen. Just look at the One X

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ignoring the discussion of whether or not it looks like an iMac, I'm wondering what the purpose of the white space under the screen is for. Sure, it holds the camera. But if that entire white space is just there to hold the camera and has no other functionality (maybe some touch-sensitive buttons on it or something) then it just seems like an inefficient design to me.

The only other reason I can think of to have that white space is to avoid being taken to trial by Apple for a design that is somewhat similar to the iPad.

Also, to those of you saying that you will buy it based of looks along....seriously? The most important factor for whether or not I buy a product is how it functions. Looks SHOULD be (in my opinion, of course) one of the least important factors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple's starting to p1ss me off with their lawsuits. I know this isn't one yet, but if there is... my God.

If it were 1942, the headlines would say, "APPLE SUES FORD - CLAIMS THEY INVENTED WHEEL"

Green Apple
    Thanks

WANTED: More sleazebag lawyers willing to work for a sleazebag company
    WHERE: 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014, United State
    WHY: Lawsuits against HTC
    NEEDED SKILLS: Must be an Apple Fanboy, stupid and unable (or unwilling) to tell two devices apart, must be corrupt and must have a smooth tongue that can trick people into your way of thinking. Must be willing to attend court cases in other countries, and push for the notion of a global monopoly. Must believe that the iPad was the firs tablet Computer and that Steve Jobs was the Messiah; in effect, that Jesus copied Steve Jobs.

(Lawsuits against the Christian God in preliminary stages)

If you meet these qualifications...apply within...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it looks better than the ipad3 i bought
    but every tablet has its own advantages and disadvantages

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could ask you the same question. I see no resemblance to the current iMac. Wrong color. No bezel on current iMac. Your photo shows that clearly. If you see a resemblance then good for you.
    He meant the older while iMac, especially in the second picture (sitting on a stand).

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianvert View Post
    How about it DOESN"T look like one... It looks like a black and white tablet that inevitably has to be rectangular! My lord these articles are like a bi*chy child wrote them, Apple fanboys.

Rectangles need, I'm afraid, to be rectangular, and for this reason all similarly sized devices are going to appear similar if they're the same colour scheme(isn).
    You guys are TOO young to the Mac world, you don't even know the existence of the white iMac, which existed for much much longer than the current iMac.
    Last edited by tongxinshe; 08-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I swear this applies to so many people on this forum now

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I swear this applies to so many people on this forum now
    Oh wow, that is hilarious.