+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report "Confirms" Separate iPad Mini Event For October

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
All Things D is reporting today that Apple plans to host a separate event in October to announce the company’s new smaller iPad. The so called iPad “mini” will set
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Report "Confirms" Separate iPad Mini Event For October

All Things D is reporting today that Apple plans to host a separate event in October to announce the company’s new smaller iPad.

The so called iPad “mini” will set a new precedent in Apple does in fact hold two “blockbuster” events to announce to new products in such close proximity. Apple’s iPhone 5 is still expected to be announced at a rumored September 12 event.

All Things D’s John Paczkowski’s anonymous source’s information confirms comments made by John Gruber of Daring Fireball and Jim Dalrymple of The Loop made earlier in the week.

“Only after the next generation iPhone is out the door and on sale will Apple announce the smaller iPad it's been working on. That device, which is expected to have a display of less than eight inches, will be uncrated at a second special event, which sources said is currently scheduled for October." — Paczkowski
    While the separate events might seem odd or over-zealous, Apple is dealing with two large releases and the pressure to meet investor quarterly expectations depends on a strong holiday quarter. Having two new products for shoppers to fawn over will certainly go a long way in padding Apple’s stats.

Source: All Things D [via AppleInsider]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got my cash on it being an enlarged ipod touch (same dimensions as the new iphone) and somehow the media focked everything up and called it the ipad mini

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it will be about the size of the kindle fire. They will probably do a refresh of the iPod touch to go alongside the new iPhone as well

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

When you use the word "Confirms" usually what follows is "proof" not another rumor from an anonymous source. To me this is just another rumor, there is no "confirmation". Only time will tell.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    When you use the word "Confirms" usually what follows is "proof" not another rumor from an anonymous source. To me this is just another rumor, there is no "confirmation". Only time will tell.
    Ding ding, we have a winner! What do we have for em Johnny ? Lol yes ur right

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Ding ding, we have a winner! What do we have for em Johnny ? Lol yes ur right
    Def. laughed at this! Lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Lets see some leaks..photos etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I cannot wait for the iPod Max hopefully next year...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 851 Posts

I don't think there have been any solid leaks on this yet. Which is strange because this should be extremely anticipated by a lot of people and industries. A cheaper, more portable iPad would be a boon for offices, schools, and large industries (like the healthcare industry).

Thanks

Yes, but at least they put it in quotes this time.

Thanks

How about a new iPod Touch 5G?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I heard a rumor about the new name being "iPad Air" for the "mini"

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

That is why ModMyi is such a reputable source. They should be hailed for there accuracy!!! LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

The idea of a iPad mini is just stupid the way I see it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    The idea of a iPad mini is just stupid the way I see it.
    Yea, but the writers need something to write about. They don't care what they report on. Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Oh a report confirms .. I was under impression the only entity confirming an Apple product was Apple.. But as long as some report confirms it I guess it must be true

Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 Times in 933 Posts

I can confirm that the iPad mini will be named 'iPad Mini' and it uses holographic technology using unknown crystals discovered by the Curiosity Rover...

Write about that!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm curious to see how they position this price wise in relation to the iPod Touch. iPod Touch comes in three flavors ($199 to $399 for 8, 32, and 64GB options). My guess this iPad mini will begin at $399 for 16GB and go up to 599 for 64GB.

Then again, they'd surprise the hell out of me if they start the line at $299/16GB (which would fill the gap on iPod Touch's lack of 16GB model). I'm personally pretty happy with my New iPad so I'll pass on a smaller one.

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    Oh a report confirms .. I was under impression the only entity confirming an Apple product was Apple.. But as long as some report confirms it I guess it must be true
    Do you pay attention to news site's reputation at all? All Things D is an affiliate to The Wall Street Journal. They're NEVER wrong when it comes to things like this. Wether Apple feeds them the info themselves or them having amazing sources through the years, they won't "confirm" anything until it's a known fact.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-26-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

I'll believe it when I see Tim Cook or Phil Schiller prancing around on stage, holding one. Not a moment before.

The idea of an iPad mini is dumb to me. Would it sell? Sure. But the current iPad is dominating the "media consumption tablet" market that they themselves created (not "the tablet", but tablets as we now think of them). They won't be able to compete pricewise with the current kings of the "small tablet" world - and if they do, what features would be sacrificed? It just doesn't seem like Apple's M.O., especially for a device like the iPad.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR