+ Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IPad Mini Case Photos Emerge

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,342
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 79 Times in 46 Posts

    Default IPad Mini Case Photos Emerge


    GizChina highlighted a number of iPad case designs featuring the 7.85 dimensions of the rumored iPad mini.

    The cases in question all feature the same dimensions for the unannounced device, and include the same design which seems to confirm reports of a smaller iPod-like bezel. Also, the cases feature holes for the FaceTime camera as well as the rear facing camera.



    While the device that appears inside of the cases does feature the rumored smaller dock connector, chances are the images are renderings, or mockups based on the current rumors. The cases themselves definitely appear to be designed around the leaked/stolen parts and specifications that have started surfacing on the Internet.

    Also, there is an unusual series of opening at the top of the device with one likely being an opening for a microphone. However, the other hole placed directly above has no known purpose at the moment.

    Source: GizChina [via MacRumors]

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,545
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 174 Times in 125 Posts

    Well there you have it..all the naysayers can now become believers :]

  3. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It looks like an odd shaped iPad. They should make it in between 9 and 3in!

    Correction: in the middle of 9 & 3 inches!
    Last edited by Jacobh4; 08-24-2012 at 09:24 PM.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I hope this is true I'm waiting to rub someone's face in this happening!

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak? skodwarde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Well there you have it..all the naysayers can now become believers :]
    no, i stay a naysayer lol

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic ChicagoV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 59 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Well there you have it..all the naysayers can now become believers :]
    Yeah right... this isn't at ALL like last year when the "new iPhone 5" cases started showing up online - only to not fit the actually released iPhone 4S. lol

    #IllBelieveItWhenISeeIt
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Yeah right... this isn't at ALL like last year when the "new iPhone 5" cases started showing up online - only to not fit the actually released iPhone 4S. lol

    #IllBelieveItWhenISeeIt

    Maybe they were preempting for this years iPhone and not last! Super advanced notice.

  8. #8
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    I think every Android manufacturer that makes a 7" android tablet should sue the **** out of Apple for making a mini size iPad. The idea of smaller tablets belongs to Android and in the same manner Apple handles these things, sue the **** out of Apple.

  9. #9
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    I think every Android manufacturer that makes a 7" android tablet should sue the **** out of Apple for making a mini size iPad. The idea of smaller tablets belongs to Android and in the same manner Apple handles these things, sue the **** out of Apple.
    And i think you should troll on another forum. And apparently since the idea of a smaller tablet belongs to Android, does that mean that the idea of a larger tablet belongs to Apple? Your arguments are stupid. Your trolling is stupid.

  10. #10
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    I wouldn't mind a mini iPad. One for the mrs. and I'll keep the big one! I'm very curious to what they'd price/market it.

  11. #11
    *T*
    *T* is offline
    Grumpy *T*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn around slowly...
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Maybe they were preempting for this years iPhone and not last! Super advanced notice.
    I assumed this as soon as I saw the keynote for the 4S. But those cases were curved, which we are now nearly certain is not the case. (pun intended)

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I assumed this as soon as I saw the keynote for the 4S. But those cases were curved, which we are now nearly certain is not the case. (pun intended)
    Then you should try another one

  13. #13
    What's Jailbreak? BriannaFortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a mini iPad. One for the mrs. and I'll keep the big one! I'm very curious to what they'd price/market it.

    Within hours of the mini's launch, companies including Proporta, Belkin and Cygnett announced their cases, and here are a few examples from the ranges as far as I know.

    Belkin Striped Cover with Stand - 35
    Belkin Quilted Cover with Stand - 35
    Griffin Folio for iPad mini - 30
    Griffin IntelliCase for iPad mini - 35
    Griffin Survivor for iPad mini - 50

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts