Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Robbers Use iPads On Craigslist to Bait and Trap Victims

btw,
    anyone want to buy a cheap ipad?

$25

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    People are sucked in every day. Here in Australia a "company" called Quibids advertises on TV - MacBook Pro for $54. Yeah sure. 90% off. Yeah sure. Keep away. Unfortunately it's the them & me world - the haves and the have nots. (And in case you noticed my avatar and say he's a "have" - no I'm not- it's just a picture) And again, unfortunately, there are people who cannot afford luxuries like iPads etc so there will always be that market. What gets me is the scammers allowed to infiltrate Cydia - I go to check out a theme & I'm bombarded with "you're the lucky winner. Claim your prize now. The 100000 person wins an iPad 3. Then you read the fine print to see that by entering you are actually subscribing. How many people have been scammed by this. Yet I don't see topics of this posted in this forum?? It's all robbery.
    Ah Quibids, I remember them way too well. Just a bunch of **** they advertise. Stupidity at it's worst. See all that "win a $1000 Walmart gift card." crap. These companies and private sellers abuse the internet, it amuses me how the FBI doesn't do anything about these cyber scams.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    btw,

$25
    Seems Legit.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

raduga (08-13-2012)

Thieves on Craig's List pedaling their stolen wares and they have the nerve to not just steal the device they have but to steal from a potential buyer if they think they can get away with it. Well the jig is up dirtbags thanks to the good senior senator from NY. US carriers will soon be blacklisting IMEIs so even if the transaction was done safely in front of a police station you could get stuck with a dead, blacklisted iDevice, SUCKERS!!

PS Take the advice from the post in terms of safer alternatives and stop encouraging these dirtbags by buying what is most likely stolen goods. It could save your life. Sayin...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    I agree but it can also be people just be people being cheapskates as well lol.
    I agree with that. But most of the wealthy people I know are always careless with their spending haha

btw,

$25
    Yah. Can we meet in a secluded parking lot? Oh and make sure to bring your friends.

On a related note, being from Youngstown, Ohio, we see stuff like this all the time. Case in point, my best friend bought an iphone 4s when they first came out last year, but ended up needing the money more, so he decided to sell his ip4s and just use his ip4. He advertised it for sale on craigslist for like $700 or something around there. Anywho, some guy was texting him and he wanted to meet up at a taco bell parking lot on an extremely bad side of town (South Side Youngstown). I mean, this area is so bad that taco bell has bullet proof glass and bullet proof drive thru windows. They meet up and when this guy is looking at Brad's phone, he just takes off running. Brad grabs him by the shoulder to try and stop him, and the guy ends up turning back with a pistol in his hand and shoots at brad. Get this, the bullet grazes Brad's collar. He gets so freaked out and runs! He's never told anyone this story but me and his mom. And he never heard from the thief again, who almost took his life for a damn iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yah. Can we meet in a secluded parking lot? Oh and make sure to bring your friends.
    how about the MMi B/S/T thread
    sometime when there aren't any nosy mods snooping around.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I always bring a gun w/ me when selling/buying using Craigslist...

And I ALWAYS meet in a publicly crowded place.

Just sayin!
    yeah that's awsome! So when they stupidly try and rob you the shots you take at the robber will most likely kill those in the crowded place. Yeah..... great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    On a related note, being from Youngstown, Ohio, we see stuff like this all the time. Case in point, my best friend bought an iphone 4s when they first came out last year, but ended up needing the money more, so he decided to sell his ip4s and just use his ip4. He advertised it for sale on craigslist for like $700 or something around there. Anywho, some guy was texting him and he wanted to meet up at a taco bell parking lot on an extremely bad side of town (South Side Youngstown). I mean, this area is so bad that taco bell has bullet proof glass and bullet proof drive thru windows. They meet up and when this guy is looking at Brad's phone, he just takes off running. Brad grabs him by the shoulder to try and stop him, and the guy ends up turning back with a pistol in his hand and shoots at brad. Get this, the bullet grazes Brad's collar. He gets so freaked out and runs! He's never told anyone this story but me and his mom. And he never heard from the thief again, who almost took his life for a damn iphone.
    He was "so freaked out" he didn't even call the police? Your friend is a retard, his mother is a retard and because you knew about it and didn't encourage him to call the police, you're a retard. Plus, why would he "hear" from the robber again? Yeah.... read part one of this response again, focusing on the part that starts with "you're a".
    Last edited by rkswat; 08-13-2012 at 06:57 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=rkswat;6648062]yeah that's awsome! So when they stupidly try and rob you the shots you take at the robber will most likely kill those in the crowded place. Yeah..... great idea!

He was "so freaked out" he didn't even call the police? Your friend is a retard, his mother is a retard and because you knew about it and didn't encourage him to call the police, you're a retard. Plus, why would he "hear" from the robber again? Yeah.... read part one of this response again, focusing on the part that starts with "you're a".[/QUOTE

Moral of story: Your Life is not worth the cost of a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Sick, just sick. You would think people would be at the least bit a little suspicious. Nobody sells an iPad for cheap.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I always have my taser with me just in case Hopefully I'll never have to use it. I usually meet in a Wal-Mart parking lot at the front entrance...camera's everywhere and lots of ppl.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,191 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    yeah that's awsome! So when they stupidly try and rob you the shots you take at the robber will most likely kill those in the crowded place. Yeah..... great idea!
    Maybe 'you' would hit random people but I wouldn't miss my target!!! I'm assuming you don't own a weapon nor have any idea about gun safety...

Thanx for coming to bash our comments...you're soooo cool now! Hey everybody, look how awesome RKSWAT is for posting his hater comments (LOL)!
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Craigslist Ad:
    "Anyone wanna buy an iPad. Two-fitty. Meet me in the back alleyway at 3am. Trust son this is legit!"

Tommy: Hey mom! I'm gonna sleep over my friend Timmy's house tonight. We're gonna play that new halo game.
    Mom: Ok son. Be safe.
    Tommy: C'mon mom i'm 28! Stop treating me like a child!
    Tommy: MOM!

Headines the following day:
    Two grown children were robbed at gunpoint in the back alleyway while responding to a false craigslist scam.

I love reading news about idiots being victims.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I always have my taser with me just in case Hopefully I'll never have to use it. I usually meet in a Wal-Mart parking lot at the front entrance...camera's everywhere and lots of ppl.
    Well where I live they don't allow tasers. A bottle of sulfuric acid works just as good. It also helps authorities identify the assailant should he/she get away.
    Last edited by Darkflame; 08-13-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    Craigslist Ad:
    "Anyone wanna buy an iPad. Two-fitty. Meet me in the back alleyway at 3am. Trust son this is legit!"

Tommy: Hey mom! I'm gonna sleep over my friend Timmy's house tonight. We're gonna play that new halo game.
    Tommy: C'mon mom i'm 28! Stop treating me like a child!
    Tommy: MOM!

Headines the following day:
    Two grown children were robbed at gunpoint in the back alleyway while responding to a false craigslist scam.

I love reading news about idiots being victims.

Well where I live they don't allow tasers. A bottle of sulfuric acid works just as good. It also helps authorities identify the assailant should he/she get away.
    Anyone that says "Trust me this is legit" is not someone to be trusted in my opinion lol.

This whole thread is not legit.

This whole thread is not legit.
    Seems legit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Seems legit.
    Stole my logic...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone committing an offence with a deadly weapon ought to be molly-coddled, given hugs, a nice place to live, plenty of good food and leisure time ......oh, sorry.....hang on.....that's called prison isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    plenty of good food
    The box of glowing light disagrees with your statement

Just seen a story today of a person buying a phone via craigslist and the buyer even brought someone. But the "seller" still stole his wallet and shot him point blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Just seen a story today of a person buying a phone via craigslist and the buyer even brought someone. But the "seller" still stole his wallet and shot him point blank.
    He at least gave the friend the phone right? O_o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast