Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung's Galaxy Tab Mistaken for iPad by over Half of TV Viewers

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

u know what someone please enlighten me please tell me please help me understand ok lets apply this case this arguement to some other consumer products and lets see how it sounds ok big word time IF I GO TO HOME DEPOT AND BUY A WASHING MACHINE I WANT A FRIGGIN WHIRLPOOL WELL I WIND UP BUYING A FRIGGIN GENERAL ELECTRIC NOW THEY ARE BOTH WHITE BOTH HAVE A DOOR ON THE TOP AND THEY ARE THE SAME SHAPE IS IT MY FAULT I MEAN AM I STUPID NO I GUESS IM NOT i guess whirlpool should sue ge i guess craftsman should sue snap on for wrench designs speaking of tools the hammer guy should sue all the other hammer guys my john deere lawn mower has a 52 inch deck with pulleys and a belt and blades my neighbor has a cub cadet lawn mower OMG I SEEN HIM MOW HIS YARD AND HE HAS A 52 INCH DECK TOO AND IT LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE HOW DARE HE!!!!

by the way my head just friggin exploded
    Last edited by Feanor64; 08-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    u know what someone please enlighten me please tell me please help me understand ok lets apply this case this arguement to some other consumer products and lets see how it sounds ok big word time IF I GO TO HOME DEPOT AND BUY A WASHING MACHINE I WANT A FRIGGIN WHIRLPOOL WELL I WIND UP BUYING A FRIGGIN GENERAL ELECTRIC NOW THEY ARE BOTH WHITE BOTH HAVE A DOOR ON THE TOP AND THEY ARE THE SAME SHAPE IS IT MY FAULT I MEAN AM I STUPID NO I GUESS IM NOT i guess whirlpool should sue ge i guess craftsman should sue snap on for wrench designs speaking of tools the hammer guy should sue all the other hammer guys my john deere lawn mower has a 52 inch deck with pulleys and a belt and blades my neighbor has a cub cadet lawn mower OMG I SEEN HIM MOW HIS YARD AND HE HAS A 52 INCH DECK TOO AND IT LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE HOW DARE HE!!!!

i agree with you, but i get the feeling if the washing machine or lawn mower market was anything like the smart phone market in terms of revenue, more lawyers would be involved.

it's all about the dough

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    lol..all you need to Do is look @ the background. All Apple Products will have the Earth in it's Background..this has been like this Since the FIRST iPhone. Android's have some sort of desert view or open scene..lmao all ya have to Do is LOOK..LOL
    The iphone 4 & 4s have a little beach thing. But i know what u mean.

Exactly. I was about to post something similar but you did a better job than I would have in explaining the absurdity.

Hahahahaha hilarious. Well said

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool HHHMMMMMMMMM.......idk
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Typical Phandroid comment.....I guess you think everyone who isn't into technology that much is just an idiot because they can't tell the difference between two devices that look similar...By the way you don't Jailbreak an Android phone, you root it. JB is much better...not that you care, you just enjoy spending time bashing Apple on and Apple forum, obviously you've got nothing better to do in your life lol!

Apple has this case in their pocket, it's just a matter of time now. Samsung knows what they've done and don't seem to really care. They just wanted to make money off better devices real quick so they copied from Apple. Hopefully this will teach them to innovate more.
    Samsung did not try to copy them cause they already had the designs for years already......

If I was the Judge I wouldnt care if they looked alike or not....cause to me its not a priority
    There are much better things to do other than this.......

We should worry about the world not stupid devices

so people go to Apple store to buy an iPad thinking it has the same functionality as a Galaxy Tab? How does this hurt Apple? Or are their employees tired of explaining how the iPad can't do those things demoed in the Samsung commercials?

If you're honestly too stupid to tell the difference, then you probably shouldn't be buying one of these anyway, let alone any electronic device...

Quote Originally Posted by decoy88 View Post
    so people go to Apple store to buy an iPad thinking it has the same functionality as a Galaxy Tab? How does this hurt Apple? Or are their employees tired of explaining how the iPad can't do those things demoed in the Samsung commercials?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post

I wonder if anyone of y'all would be able to tell the difference if you guys were talking about cars or clothing or non-related electronic's or how about business?
    Or girls... This group (the frequent posters always complaining about the same stuff) is the biggest bunch of arm-chair quarterbacks I have ever seen. Yeah, lawyers don't know squat. Especially the ones in cases like these. Most have advanced engineering degrees plus law degrees. Talk about morons... One of my good friends has a BS (engineering) degree from MIT, her MS from Stanford, and her JD from Northwestern. Quite the pedigree for a patent attorney, but she still isn't at the same level as these teams. Nothing you (NakedFruitcake and crew) think, say, or write is going to change the outcome of these proceedings so quit wasting your breath. It gets tiresome reading your BS.

Banned
    Thanks

The Samsung product is misrepresented, just look at the photos. the Tab is a landscape designed tablet but here they show it in portrait like an iPad. the Tab's app drawer is open which is NOT the default screen on any Android device.

I could the same with an iPhone and its notification center opened and make false claims about how much an iPhone looks like a Galaxy S III.

Spreading lies and rumors and adding fuel to apple's claims does NOT in any way shape or form benefit the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    Or girls... This group (the frequent posters always complaining about the same stuff) is the biggest bunch of arm-chair quarterbacks I have ever seen. Yeah, lawyers don't know squat. Especially the ones in cases like these. Most have advanced engineering degrees plus law degrees. Talk about morons... One of my good friends has a BS (engineering) degree from MIT, her MS from Stanford, and her JD from Northwestern. Quite the pedigree for a patent attorney, but she still isn't at the same level as these teams. Nothing you (NakedFruitcake and crew) think, say, or write is going to change the outcome of these proceedings so quit wasting your breath. It gets tiresome reading your BS.
    Hey genius, it's a forum, nobody here thinks they have the power to sway the judge, we're just discussing the tech we enjoy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by daviedave View Post
    Hey genius, it's a forum, nobody here thinks they have the power to sway the judge, we're just discussing the tech we enjoy to use.
    It's not a forum and there is little discussion. It's a ***** session with a bunch of knuckleheads basing everything off emotion rather than logic or fact. It's the same nonsense over and over again... "samsuck epic fail" or "greedy crapple is afraid of competition.". It really gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    It's not a forum and there is little discussion. It's a ***** session with a bunch of knuckleheads basing everything off emotion rather than logic or fact. It's the same nonsense over and over again... "samsuck epic fail" or "greedy crapple is afraid of competition.". It really gets old.
    Thats a fanboy for you. :0)

People learns to tell the difference after they get familiar with the product type. At present, the majority of the people still know very few about iPad or any other tablets, yet. Under this circumstances, for sure Samsung's practice of mimicking the trend leader causes confusion to a lot customers, and, by statistics this practice effectively attract more customers to Samsung products. I believe that was Samsung executives' very original intention. And, the "clever" (and evil) Samsung executives are now moving its phone products away form that path since they've got their own fame, no longer need to borrow iPhone's. On the tablet realm, they are still trying the exact same trick, I hope they will be stopped!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123