+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung's Galaxy Tab Mistaken for iPad by over Half of TV Viewers

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
In a way I could see how ppl would confuse the Samsung tablet for an apple iPad. Mostly parents cause most parents don't know much when it comes down to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In a way I could see how ppl would confuse the Samsung tablet for an apple iPad. Mostly parents cause most parents don't know much when it comes down to the tech world and am sure they have kids that brag and brag how much they want the iPad and so those parents go out and buy a tablet not knowing there's different brands or think hey iPad is a tablet there's a tablet on display ok I want that one.. Get home here kids only to find out by there angry spoiled kids that it isn't an iPad.

I know cause my uncle done this a few times with different product and so now he calls me to help him out every time he wants to buy them something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Well as the iPad was plastered everywhere for years before the Galaxy Tab came out everyone knew what the iPad looked like so when the first Galaxy Tab ads started playing of course people will think its an iPad seeing a tablet.
    My complaint about all this is what about the OTHER branded tablets that look MORE like an iPad than a Galaxy Tab does? You dont see Apple suing Asus or Acer or anyone else only Samsung.
    My reasoning behind this is the Galaxy Tab is actually better than the iPad and Apple dont like that so they sue instead of making the iPad better. Remove the competition instead of making a better product.
    Best point here.....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXR3H@NXx. View Post
    Woah, somebody woke up with a **** up his ***.
    Hes right though. This argument is just becoming stupid. Unfortunately, consumers are the morons.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Well as the iPad was plastered everywhere for years before the Galaxy Tab came out everyone knew what the iPad looked like so when the first Galaxy Tab ads started playing of course people will think its an iPad seeing a tablet.
    My complaint about all this is what about the OTHER branded tablets that look MORE like an iPad than a Galaxy Tab does? You dont see Apple suing Asus or Acer or anyone else only Samsung.
    My reasoning behind this is the Galaxy Tab is actually better than the iPad and Apple dont like that so they sue instead of making the iPad better. Remove the competition instead of making a better product.

EXACTLY.
    There are many differences between the two and only a MORON will get them confused.
    1, the boxes 1 says APPLE the other says SAMSUNG.
    2, the shape. One is square (4:3) the other is rectangle (16:9)
    3, the OS. One is IOS the other is Android. They both look different.
    4, one has a button at the bottom, the other doesn't
    5, one is an iPad the other is a Galaxy Tab
    6, Smart people know the difference, lawyers and judges don't.
    Here is only 6 valid reasons why you cant get the two confused.

What about the banning if the Galaxy Tab 7.7? 1 is 10.1 inch the other is 7.7 inch. again 2 different shapes and sizes so HOW did that get banned not even being the same size? They look completely different. The only thing the same is they are tablets and have a screen. Whats next, Apple get the Samsung TV's banned coz they also have a screen and they say SAMSUNG on it? Oh we have to wait for the Apple TV to get released first THEN they will sue them for having a Samsung TV.
    Years huh, they were only released 13 months apart. Educate yourself
    Last edited by Spazmonic; 08-10-2012 at 06:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's the point exactly.
    Apple spent thousands on developing a radically different phone.
    Samsung with out spending a dollar just copied it.

The issue is parent, uncles, aunts and grandfathers, and other relations arent tech savvy. The number of times my kids come home with a terrible story about some kids in the class relation bought the wrong item. The kid next door went with dad to get an iphone. Store owner just wants a sale. When the dad see the cost and store owner thinks loosing the deal, they say what about this one its identical but cheaper. Parent look at it compares samsung to iphone and 100% of the time says "there's no difference, why do you want this one"

Thats the two issues right there. Samsung should spend its own money on research its phones where horrific compared to the iphone, they looked like blackberrys for goodness sake, you knew that, I knew that, the dogs in the street knew that, sales were going down the pan. So make an identical copy, spend no money and hey guess what were making millions with no R&D.

Can't see how no one can see this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Typical Phandroid comment.....I guess you think everyone who isn't into technology that much is just an idiot because they can't tell the difference between two devices that look similar...By the way you don't Jailbreak an Android phone, you root it. JB is much better...not that you care, you just enjoy spending time bashing Apple on and Apple forum, obviously you've got nothing better to do in your life lol!

Apple has this case in their pocket, it's just a matter of time now. Samsung knows what they've done and don't seem to really care. They just wanted to make money off better devices real quick so they copied from Apple. Hopefully this will teach them to innovate more.

>JailBreak is better than root.
    LOL, they are the same exact thing.... just a different name, both are just exploits that give you root access. You also come of as a apple fanboy...

This lawsuit is just plain retarded. So what if two devices share the same shape, like wtf, should the tab be a hexagon instead of a rectangle now.

Thanks

if anyone here came up with an idea and started making $, and I saw your idea and made one extremely similar like a year later, you'd come after me. because apple is a billion $ company, they should ease off?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

People are idiots

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah if i wasn't techy, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not everyone cares about cellphones and tables and computers, some people just have them because they need them, not because it has this or that. Saying that, I dont think my parents are stupid enough to walk out of a store with Samsung written on teh side thinking they jus got an ipad. I personally see a lot in common. If your truely designing a product from scratch, it wouldnt look like anyone elses, unless you both think the same, which i highly doubt. Saying that, I do believe this looks like a photocopy of the ipad then photoshoped to look a little different.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's strange, cos I keep mistaking iPhones and iPads for Galaxy S phones and Galaxy Tabs ????
    I got home and realised it was an Apple product....doh!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Who in the **** can't see on the box that the tablet says Samsung? When people buy these products, they come in boxes so it pretty obvious to the consumer that it's not a ******* iPad. Now if you was buying these products without a box then I would give some doubt but to say that people can't tell the difference between the two when they come in boxes just shows how dumb we really are.

Thanks

People are getting a little too butthurt over this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Who the *** cares, you got your iPads right.. So just stop arguing..

The iPad 1 has been released ages ago.. Who would want to buy an iPad 1 now.. The box, and display, specs at the store explain everything, unless you go to the store with a blindfold..
    Last edited by KernelPad; 08-10-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks

ok..to be honest if you are not in tech or don't watch tv, I can understand how you may get confused. Thats about it! If you actually live in 2012 and don't know the difference between these tablets(FILL IN THE BLANKS) So, if that's the facts(title of this article) should be cased closed Apple wins. That is all for now haha!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    im pretty sure that the commercials they are showing the people in question have no logos, and to an untrained eye, they look similar. On the other hand, there both just glass with a round bezel and metal rim. Pretty much both samsung and apple need to calm the **** down!
    You realize that this information came from Samsung themselves, right?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Typical Phandroid comment.....I guess you think everyone who isn't into technology that much is just an idiot because they can't tell the difference between two devices that look similar...By the way you don't Jailbreak an Android phone, you root it. JB is much better...not that you care, you just enjoy spending time bashing Apple on and Apple forum, obviously you've got nothing better to do in your life lol!

Apple has this case in their pocket, it's just a matter of time now. Samsung knows what they've done and don't seem to really care. They just wanted to make money off better devices real quick so they copied from Apple. Hopefully this will teach them to innovate more.
    No joke. How would he like it if a geologist called him an idiot because he can't tell the difference between amphibole hornblende and augite!
    Last edited by fleurya; 08-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I always wonder if people realize they are talking about themselves as well when they say things like "consumers are idiots."

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

One important piece of info is missing. The sample size!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still don't see how can someone confuse an iPad with a Galaxy tablet... Are people this lost in their minds?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiman20 View Post
    I still don't see how can someone confuse an iPad with a Galaxy tablet... Are people this lost in their minds?
    We are talking about the average Joe Schmo. But still...

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    In a way I could see how ppl would confuse the Samsung tablet for an apple iPad. Mostly parents cause most parents don't know much when it comes down to the tech world
    True, but there still is little excuse for not actually checking over the product on display, the information tag near the product as well as the box it comes in (if in a physical store), or the information for the listing (if browsing online.) Anyone who does so shouldn't be confused at all.

Thanks

lol..all you need to Do is look @ the background. All Apple Products will have the Earth in it's Background..this has been like this Since the FIRST iPhone. Android's have some sort of desert view or open scene..lmao all ya have to Do is LOOK..LOL