Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New "Leaked" Images of iPad Mini: No Rear Camera Lens?

Thanks

Default New "Leaked" Images of iPad Mini: No Rear Camera Lens?

A Chinese microblogging site, Apple.pro, recently posted several images of what it is claiming to be the rear shell of the “iPad Mini.” It isn’t certain for sure whether the images are authentic or not but typically it’s better to take the news with a grain of salt until further evidence proves otherwise. With rumors of a smaller iPad launch being around the corner, the pictures may very well turn out to be true.

When carefully looking at the pictures, you might notice that the rear shell doesn’t contain a hole for a rear camera. Cases for the rumored device have been showing a rear camera though so the two currently released “leaked” images seem to have conflicting specifications pointed out. It almost seems that a rear camera would be a necessity as most tablets come with it and although some people might not use the rear camera on their tablet to take pictures (we all know how funny it looks when you see someone using an iPad as a point-and-shoot camera) it is a feature Apple is likely to include just to compete with those in the smaller-sized tablet market.

The user who posted the images doesn’t seem to have any track record of previous posts and there doesn’t seem to be any history to judge the accuracy of the claimed photos. We’ll find out what the iPad Mini is really like when more concrete evidence is revealed.

Source: Apple.Pro (via Google Translation)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

bad assery!

p.s.... don't most tablets have a nice front facing camera for video chat, and that's about it right?
    Last edited by Colby21; 08-04-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    bad assery!

p.s.... don't most tablets have a nice front facing camera for video chat, and that's about it right?
    I think that's all they need. The rear camera on th iPad is pointless it seems more like a. Feature that would appeal to a gullible consumer

This is te first time i think leaked photos for iPad mini look legit

Ipad mini= ipod -.-

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they'd make it without a camera. Im in the navy and there are many places you're just not allowed to take a camera

If they release the mini later this year or early 2013 and there's no front/rear cam, I'm not going to bother, because you know the year after its release they will make it slightly slimmer iPad mini with both cameras, so it would be a waste to rush and get.. But the picture above could always be a concept shell or fake.. I'm just waiting on that iPhone5..

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    bad assery!

Nope, they pretty much all have cameras. But being classic Apple, they'll use that 'feature' for future devices.

Yay an oversized iPod Touch.

Thanks

of course not, theyll have to put it into the "2nd gen" of the iPad Mini then call it "revolutionary"

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Yay an oversized iPod Touch.
    Wouldn't the normal iPad also be considered an oversized iPod Touch too then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaldora View Post
    Ipad mini= ipod -.-
    Exactly. But all iDevices are the same. iPhone is an iPod with cellular service. iPads are over sized iPhones. It's just a loop. Apple has yet to prove they can make something different from their usual standards. They are afraid of making a bad product so let's stay with the out dated design that seems to still work because only idiots will buy our products that are over used and out dated. They need to try to make another innovative design. iPhone 5 has complete redesign my @$$. It looks just like an over sized iPhone 4/4s.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VP1990 View Post
    Wouldn't the normal iPad also be considered an oversized iPod Touch too then?
    Of course.

Thanks

Ipad mini= ipod -.-
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    If they release the mini later this year or early 2013 and there's no front/rear cam, I'm not going to bother, because you know the year after its release they will make it slightly slimmer iPad mini with both cameras, so it would be a waste to rush and get.. But the picture above could always be a concept shell or fake.. I'm just waiting on that iPhone5..
    I'm thinking the same.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Ipad mini= ipod -.-
    That’s what I’ve been thinking ever since the rumors have started coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Exactly. But all iDevices are the same. iPhone is an iPod with cellular service. iPads are over sized iPhones. It's just a loop. Apple has yet to prove they can make something different from their usual standards. They are afraid of making a bad product so let's stay with the out dated design that seems to still work because only idiots will buy our products that are over used and out dated. They need to try to make another innovative design. iPhone 5 has complete redesign my @$$. It looks just like an oversized iPhone 4/4s.
    Didn’t they completely change the design from the 3gs to 4? The design for the iPhone 4 is only 2 years old and they’re probably going to change it this year. Next thing people will want is an iPhone every 3 months. There has been no official leak of a new iPhone (I highly doubt it will be the iPhone 5 for a 6th generation device. That was the whole point of naming the iPhone 4, the iPhone 4, because it was the 4th generation device.)
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.

If this rumoured ipad mini/ ipod touch xl or whatever their calling it is true then I hope they are going to price it competitively within the price range of the nexus 7 for example. Since I'll be getting an iPad three later this year but would love a smaller cheaper device to contemplate it. It doesn't need to have a retina display screen and a camera and all of the other bells and whistles since if you want that get an iPad. For me it should be an entertainment power house like the iPod except with a bigger screen for better video playback and a 3G (possibly 4G LTE) version for youtube streaming etc...

Thanks

Didn't care about the iPad and don't care about this. My iPhone is all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Exactly. But all iDevices are the same. iPhone is an iPod with cellular service. iPads are over sized iPhones. It's just a loop. Apple has yet to prove they can make something different from their usual standards. They are afraid of making a bad product so let's stay with the out dated design that seems to still work because only idiots will buy our products that are over used and out dated. They need to try to make another innovative design. iPhone 5 has complete redesign my @$$. It looks just like an oversized iPhone 4/4s.
    Let the butthurt and hate flow through you.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to predict that this thing will be available in Wifi only and compete directly with the Nexus 7. I am interested in the price point. At $200, the Nexus 7 is certainly the tablet to beat right now, especially with all it has under the hood. Still shocking how inexpensive that beast is!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i can't say wether these are legit, as i know from experience they always have placeholder Serial numbers and FFC ID's on any prototypes + They'll always have a internal part's barcode stuck to it somewhere...

for example: This is the iphone they once found in the bar
    http://images.intomobile.com/wp-cont...d-4-leak-3.jpg
    Last edited by hybirdd; 08-05-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast