+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs was Interested in a Smaller iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
In 2011, Eddie Cue, Apple’s SVP of Internet Services, apparently emailed Apple SVP of iOS, Scott Forstall mentioning that Jobs was open to the idea of a Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Thanks

Default Steve Jobs was Interested in a Smaller iPad

In 2011, Eddie Cue, Apple’s SVP of Internet Services, apparently emailed Apple SVP of iOS, Scott Forstall mentioning that Jobs was open to the idea of a Samsung Galaxy Tab sized (7-inch) iPad Mini. The news came to light as part of the ongoing Apple vs. Samsung trial. According to Bryan Bishop from The Verge:

Forstall is shown a 2011 email from Eddy Cue, in which Cue forwarded an article that a journalist wrote about dumping the iPad after using a Galaxy Tab. Cue writes "Having used a Samsung Galaxy [Tab], i tend to agree with many of the comments below... I believe there will be a 7-inch market and we should do one. I expressed this to Steve several times since Thanksgiving and he seemed very receptive the last time."
    This statement goes against the claim that Jobs made in the past when he started that a 7-inch tablet wouldn’t work and that Apple wouldn’t be entering the 7-inch market. Given everything he actually said, Jobs seemed to be receptive to the thought of the 7-inch iPad according to an email with Eddy Cue. The email can be seen below:

After several months of rumors and speculation, the 7-inch iPad is believed to be announced at a media event on September 12th along with the next-generation iPhone according to recent reports. We’ll have to wait and see if this turns out to be true.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is either déjà vu, or this is the second time something like this has been posted. It's interesting though. I don't like that fact Apple would do it because they have the iPad. And then if it got smaller, would they still include the iPod Touch?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    This is either déjà vu, or this is the second time something like this has been posted. It's interesting though. I don't like that fact Apple would do it because they have the iPad. And then if it got smaller, would they still include the iPod Touch?

I'm sure they would. Some people aren't the kind of people to carry a 7" tablet in their pocket all day.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

I'm interested in how they would market it.. Price wise

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    Yes because a iPod touch is basically a teen friendly device like when adults don't want to buy them something to expensive like an iPhone or iPad and then they ended up losing it and then you just wasted your money so in a way it's like a starting device

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, would this be Apple copying Samsung?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Hmm, would this be Apple copying Samsung?
    I think it would be more of a competitive kind of thing rather than stealing ideas...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    I think it would be more of a competitive kind of thing rather than stealing ideas...
    I never said stealing, just copying...

My point was that when Samsung upsized thier Tab Apple cried but they seem ok with downsizing the iPad in light of Samsung's success at 7 inches.