+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Start Replacing Computer Stations With iOS Devices Next Year?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
How would you like it if the experience of walking into your local AT&T store resembled more of an Apple Store? – Employees walking around with iPhones and iPads and
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default AT&T to Start Replacing Computer Stations With iPads Next Year?

How would you like it if the experience of walking into your local AT&T store resembled more of an Apple Store? – Employees walking around with iPhones and iPads and ready to assist you. It looks like this could become a reality some time next year.

AT&T appears to be planning to remove the stubbornly permanent desktop PC stations from their retail stores in favor of employees carrying mobile iPhones and iPads to assist their customers with purchases on the floor. The change would mean that the employee wouldn’t have to request the customer to, “please meet me over here” to complete a purchase and set up a phone plan.

In addition to being on the mobile side of things, employees would find the experience to be much easier. 9to5Mac reports that the iOS devices AT&T employees would be using would have a dumbed-down version of the sales software, which is installed on the desktop stations where the employees would normally make the sale. Being that it's dumbed-down, it would also be much more time-efficient and the touch software could reduce the amount of paper used in the process.

With AT&T supposedly telling staff to focus on Android devices instead of the iPhone, it seems strange for AT&T to be using Apple's iPhone and iPad themselves to help their customers, as it sort of puts out the opposite message. On the other hand, Apple's own sales techniques in the Apple store environment seem so effective that it might be too hard for a company like AT&T to resist.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-02-2012 at 08:10 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm actually at one of the corporate stores where we use iPad's to do all of our transactions. I've been using it since last November. So yeah, I'd say its official that we will be using iPads towards the future.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iViz View Post
    I'm actually at one of the corporate stores where we use iPad's to do all of our transactions. I've been using it since last November. So yeah, I'd say its official that we will be using iPads towards the future.
    Ya the Corp store in my town has been using iPads for checking people in and stuff. pretty cool :P

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I Know THAT guy. We call him Fridge.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

The stores by me use iPads as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iViz View Post
    Yup were using it at my store too..😁

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I could see the convienence of that. The set up at apple stores seems to wrk well