+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPad Now Claims 68% of Tablet Shipments

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Apple's share of global tablet shipments continues to climb as 2012 progresses. According to the latest findings by IDC, Apple's market share of shipped tablets approached 70 percent during the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple's iPad Now Claims 68% of Tablet Shipments

Apple's share of global tablet shipments continues to climb as 2012 progresses.

According to the latest findings by IDC, Apple's market share of shipped tablets approached 70 percent during the second quarter. For the three-month period that ended in June, Apple shipped a staggering 17 million iPads.

Last year in Q2, Apple shipped a paltry 9.24 million units in comparison. So, year-over-year, Apple's Q2 shipment market share spiked a dazzling 84.3 percent. "Apple built upon its strong March iPad launch and ended the quarter with its best-ever shipment total for the iPad, outrunning even the impressive shipment record it set in the fourth quarter of last year," said Tom Mainelli, a research director for IDC.

Should Apple, as widely expected, release a so-called "iPad mini" before year's end, the company's dominance in the tablet space could grow even wider and faster than the momentum we've seen in 2012.

"The vast majority of consumers continue to favor the iPad over competitors, and Apple is seeing increasingly strong interest in the device from vertical markets--especially education," Mainelli adds.

Source: IDC (Via PC World)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Apple = Winning.

Android = Losing.... As usual.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Apple = Winning.

Android = Losing.... As usual.
    +1+booya

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That's because all of the iPads are goin to schools my school gave iPads to everyone that's at our school
    Annnnd?....

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha you people kill me. You all over look so much just cuz you like something. But if it was the other way around it would be different right? Lol don't think so. Apple is getting an unfair advantage in the courts just cuz that judge has a hardon fog apple. Btw I do know the law and an unfair trial is an unfair trial. How can u not allow evidence be shown that is in favor of the side you don't like but allow it for the one u do like? Does that sound fair? Prolly to u fanny boys!

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Haha you people kill me. You all over look so much just cuz you like something. But if it was the other way around it would be different right? Lol don't think so. Apple is getting an unfair advantage in the courts just cuz that judge has a hardon fog apple. Btw I do know the law and an unfair trial is an unfair trial. How can u not allow evidence be shown that is in favor of the side you don't like but allow it for the one u do like? Does that sound fair? Prolly to u fanny boys!
    When trying to talk and make points, you probably should use proper grammar don't you think? Using "U" and misspelling "for" as well as saying "allow evidence be shown" when it should say "allow evidence to be shown" and the best one "fanny" really makes your post seem retarded and childish. Next time you try to talk **** and make a point, please try to use proper grammar and spelling, it makes it a lot more notable.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Are you here to hate on Apple? Every news thread there is I see negative comments from you. It's highly opinionated. Apple doesn't have an unfair advantage at all. Apple and Samsung are both big companies if that's what you're referring to. Neither of them have an advantage over the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    When trying to talk and make points, you probably should use proper grammar don't you think? Using "U" and misspelling "for" as well as saying "allow evidence be shown" when it should say "allow evidence to be shown" and the best one "fanny" really makes your post seem retarded and childish. Next time you try to talk **** and make a point, please try to use proper grammar and spelling, it makes it a lot more notable.
    Thank god for people like you, finally someone that understands what grammar is.
    Last edited by H4CK3R; 08-03-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

I love hardon fog apples! At any rate, you have a reasonable point... Smells like its getting close to a monopoly to me. But not to worry, they'll be shot down just as AT&T did.