+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Show Status Bar Elements in the iPad's Notification Center With 'NCFullStatusBar'

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Show Status Bar Elements in the iPad's Notification Center With 'NCFullStatusBar'

Unlike the iPhone and iPod touch, the iPad has a really strange Notification Center interface. It doesn’t fill the whole screen, but instead only drops down in the middle. As a result of this, you don’t see all of the Status Bar elements in the top of Notification Center – just the time. The battery percentage, Wi-Fi indicators, and the word “iPad” still remain on the action status bar while the time is shown in the iPad’s Notification Center interface.

NCFullStatusBar is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Jonathan Bailey that changes this a little bit by adding all of the Status Bar elements to the Notification Center interface. This means that when you’re inside of full-screen applications where the Status Bar is not visible, you will be able to pull down Notification Center and see the Wi-Fi or signal strength and battery level. As you can see, when in a full-screen application, the tweak shows you imperative Status Bar information that isn't visible when the Status Bar is hidden:

The only thing that really seems strange about the tweak is the way that it double-displays information when the Status Bar is visible by default. Lucky for us, the jailbreak tweak comes with some options to configure so that it doesn’t seem so strange anymore. The preferences pane can be found in the Settings application after installing and is illustrated below:

From the options, you can configure the tweak to only work when in full-screen applications such as the game ZombieSmash (great game, by the way), or to work everywhere. The other alternative is to disable the tweak completely, which will make the Status Bar look the way it did when the tweak wasn’t installed.

The usefulness of NCFullStatusBar is going to be subjective to how everyone uses their iPad, but for those that take advantage of a lot of full-screen applications on their iPad, this is a must-have. It’s currently free in Cydia, so you have nothing to lose for trying it out!

Name: NCFullStatusBar
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5, iPad
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jonathan Bailey
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

This is actually pretty useful
    The battery info is a must have when playing big games
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually jus 5 finger pinch till I see the status bar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    I usually jus 5 finger pinch till I see the status bar
    Hahaaa so do I

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone tell me what the app is in that screenshot with the notebooks? It looks really elegant. Is it a similar app to the bamboo app? gracias