+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Newsstand Store Game Arrives

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default First Newsstand Store Game Arrives

Many of you probably remember the old-fashioned big fat puzzle books that people would buy to stimulate their mind. The books would usually be full of crossword puzzles, word-searches, and other pen-and-paper games that would help kill time. The very same concept is headed towards your iPad as the first game to be sold in the iOS Newsstand.

The app will be called mini Arrowwords and it comes from the pages of the UK’s Take A Break Magazine. It will feature “arrowword” puzzles, which will be in the form of a quiz and crossword. The big news here isn’t the quality of the app, it’s the fact that it’s a game in the Newsstand store and the fact that you can buy a subscription to these games. This opens the way for all previously paper-based games to make their way to the market. If you happen to be interested in the game itself, you can find the download link to it below:

Examples of other games that seem obvious to this would be Sudoku or possibly even some choose-your-own adventure books. It’ll be interesting to see what turns up next as this app is going to help pave the way for future apps to come. It should be noted though as Eli Hodapp of TouchArcade pointed out: “apps often seem to live or die by chart position, category placement, and featuring. If I were looking for a game to play, the Newsstand aisle in the App Store would be the last place I'd look, compared to the seemingly much more sensible Games section.”

We’ll have to wait and see what happens in the future regarding the feature.

Source: App Store, TouchArcade

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Springtomize > icons > hide icons > newsstand - check.

Common Apple let us deleted stock apps and redownload from appstore if we want them later....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Springtomize > icons > hide icons > newsstand - check.

Common Apple let us deleted stock apps and redownload from appstore if we want them later....
    Ikr? Like I would have so much more memory of they let us delete stock apps.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXR3H@NXx. View Post
    Ikr? Like I would have so much more memory of they let us delete stock apps.
    It's not about memory. What's the point if having apps you don't use like - compass, stocks, news stand, voice memos, etc? Let me delete them.

I theme my phone and it's now a work of art. I don't want needless apps making clutter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

You are free to delete whatever you like. Spend some time with iFile - you'll be amazed at what you can delete.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    You are free to delete whatever you like. Spend some time with iFile - you'll be amazed at what you can delete.
    He means natively

This is actually interesting for those who are interested...

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

I just download poof to hide the stock apps I don't want to see... then I hide poof.

On another note, isn't the app store already full of these app? Do we really need to subscribe to a publication to get them?
    Last edited by bigbaba; 07-27-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

!?؟What's Newsstand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude just Booksstand. I fricken love it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously, what's the point in this? Many AppStore apps are just like that. You can still do one daily in many apps. But I do think if someone wants to get rid of a daily newspaper, that they could resort to Newsstand. But then again, it also depends if that newspaper is in the Newsstand store.