+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy Customers Return Tablets After Thinking They Were iPads

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Best Buy Customers Return Tablets After Thinking They Were iPads

Between all the heated debates and court documents being released as part of the ongoing and seemingly never-ending Apple vs. Samsung courtroom drama, there seems to be some humorous news. Ina Fried of AllThingsD noted the following line from one of the recently made-public court documents (note, the emphasis is hers):

Samsung was forced to release a bunch of documents it had been keeping under seal that show the likeness between its products and Apple’s. Examples outlined in the documents include comments from Samsung workers discussion similarities with Apple’s products and reports Samsung got from retailer Best Buy that Samsung tablets were being returned because customers thought they were getting iPads.
    Yes, if you read that, you read it correctly; it said customers, which means more than one. The number of Best Buy customers hasn’t been disclosed so it could very well just be two, but the context of the wording makes it appear as if it seems to be a common occurrence in several Best Buys. It might not be enough evidence in court to help sway any of the numerous arguments going back and forth between the two tech giants but it is likely to become the butt of many jokes online.

On another note, it is quote ironic how people could possibly not only mistake a Samsung tablet for an iPad but then go ahead and purchase it and not realize the lack of Apple logos and jargon on the box itself. Going one step further, if they couldn’t tell the difference that they bought a Samsung tablet and somehow even got past the box to opening it up, at what point did they realize it wasn’t an iPad? The whole situation brings too many questions to the table and is rather confusing (yet funny) at the same time. Let’s hope the two tech giants resolve their issues with one another sooner rather than later so that the industry can move forward with innovations and advanced technology instead of accusations and stupidity.

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm not really on Samsung's side on this, but oh my god customers are stupid. How did they even buy the tablet without naming the item, those Best Buy reps aren't doing their jobs right! Wouldn't the customer say "Hi, I want that one" *points at Samsung tablet* "I want to buy that iPad." I guess some people could really just go and say they want "that tablet" and just walk away to check out, with the box that says Samsung on it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-28-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'm not really on Samsung's side on this, but oh my god customers are stupid. How did they even buy the tablet without naming the item, those Best Buy reps aren't doing their jobs right! Wouldn't the customer say "Hi, I want that one" *points at Samsung tablet* "I want to buy that iPad." I guess some people could really just go and say they want "that tablet" and just walk away to check out, with the box that says Samsung on it.
    I agree. Should read "Dumbasses return tablets".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to itaintrite For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-28-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    How did they even buy the tablet without naming the item, those Best Buy reps aren't doing their jobs right!
    Or, it could have been online purchases; it doesn't state one way or another if they were in store or not. I'm not sure how Best Buy reps - myself being a recently former one - wouldn't be doing their jobs right. Some stores do set tablets out in traps (be it box traps or spider traps) for their "grab and go" customers, with employees never having the chance to talk to these customers to make sure they're getting the right item they want.

Customer don't read a damned thing. They look for a price tag and an image of what they want; they don't read, and I've seen it happen many times over in my nearly 5 years working in retail.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,663 Times in 5,929 Posts

All I can say is "WOW"...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    I agree. Should read "Dumbasses return tablets".
    Yeah, dumbass customers I reckon. Some people eh!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Samsung should flip this, saying because Best Buy's return policy requires a reason they used the excuse popularized by Apple to return Samsung product.
    Or it could be Apple employee that did this to justify Apple's claim.

Thanks

I've got family members (mostly older ones) that call their android phones iPhones and have very cheap knockoff tablets that barely work and call them iPads. It's almost like apples product names are ending up like Kleenex or bandaid to them

Thanks

Just shows that idiots are born every minute. These people aren't smart enough to own a tablet.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-28-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not only does the whole Samsung logo on the top of the tablet gives it away, but also the name on the god damn receipt. Did these customers read their receipt? God I wonder how messed up their bank statements must if they are this careless with their big purchases.

Thanks

Luckily they did not bought dummy iPad.....

But they just use 1001 reason to get refund....they are not dumbass customers, only because they bought "Dumbasses tablets"
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 07-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

These customers are not necessarily stupid (although it is fun to call them stupid). I would bet that many of these tablets bought "mistakingly" were bought as gifts.

A grandma goes in to Best Buy, obviously not tech savy, and tells the Best Buy employee they want to buy a iPad for their granddaughter/grandson. The sales associate could either A: Be out of iPads, but still wants to make a sale to help their sales numbers, so tells granny "we are out of iPads, but this product here is pretty much the exact same thing. Trust me... they will love it". What is granny gonna do? It looks virtually the same to her as the pictures of the iPad she has seen. She doesn't know any better, and certainly doesn't want to walk away empty handed, especially after causing 6 car accidents on her 10 minute drive to Best Buy.

Or B: The best buy sales associate is biased (hates Apple), and talks granny into buying a droid tablet. Telling her it's newer, faster, and the "next big thing"....And just like that, poor granny is duped into buying a knockoff iPad (a droid tablet).

I know many of these best buy employees are biased (goes both ways, I know) and I wouldn't be surprised if there have been ALOT of customers tricked into buying fake iPads (again...Droid tablets), only to later be returned once the gift recipient receives their "gift", and realizes the mistake poor ol granny made....poor granny.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    These customers are not necessarily stupid (although it is fun to call them stupid). I would bet that many of these tablets bought "mistakingly" were bought as gifts.

A grandma goes in to Best Buy, obviously not tech savy, and tells the Best Buy employee they want to buy a iPad for their granddaughter/grandson. The sales associate could either A: Be out of iPads, but still wants to make a sale to help their sales numbers, so tells granny "we are out of iPads, but this product here is pretty much the exact same thing. Trust me... they will love it". What is granny gonna do? It looks virtually the same to her as the pictures of the iPad she has seen. She doesn't know any better, and certainly doesn't want to walk away empty handed, especially after causing 6 car accidents on her 10 minute drive to Best Buy.

Or B: The best buy sales associate is biased (hates Apple), and talks granny into buying a droid tablet. Telling her it's newer, faster, and the "next big thing"....And just like that, poor granny is duped into buying a knockoff iPad (a droid tablet).

I know many of these best buy employees are biased (goes both ways, I know) and I wouldn't be surprised if there have been ALOT of customers tricked into buying fake iPads (again...Droid tablets), only to later be returned once the gift recipient receives their "gift", and realizes the mistake poor ol granny made....poor granny.
    Damn you Granny scourge of the universe lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Well all people now a days think that any tablet is an iPad because iPad is a more well known name and today's marketshare is made up of mostly idiots who don't understand technology well enough to tell the difference so that is a completely unfair advantage that crapple has now gained.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I've got family members (mostly older ones) that call their android phones iPhones and have very cheap knockoff tablets that barely work and call them iPads. It's almost like apples product names are ending up like Kleenex or bandaid to them
    That started years ago with the "iPod", too this very day many people refer to their various branded MP3 players as iPods. And trust me, Apple loves every bit of that with good reason.

Thanks

Interesting this came out today as I just saw someone holding a Samsung tablet which I initially thought was an oversized iPhone. And I'm not one who has really taken apple's claims seriously... Just saying I was surprised at my initial take on that tablet.... That it was an apple product

Thanks

It says "IPAD" on the box with a giant Apple logo, pretty hard to screw that up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post

I hear what you are saying. I would say people who don't know jack squat about tech products should stick to purchasing gift cards.
    Hmm...

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not see how this was Samsungs fault. Not there fault a lot of folks are retards and don't read the box of the product they purchase.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

comments longer than 1.5 inches should be deleted.