Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy Customers Return Tablets After Thinking They Were iPads

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Tim View Post
    Or, it could have been online purchases; it doesn't state one way or another if they were in store or not. I'm not sure how Best Buy reps - myself being a recently former one - wouldn't be doing their jobs right. Some stores do set tablets out in traps (be it box traps or spider traps) for their "grab and go" customers, with employees never having the chance to talk to these customers to make sure they're getting the right item they want.

Customer don't read a damned thing. They look for a price tag and an image of what they want; they don't read, and I've seen it happen many times over in my nearly 5 years working in retail.
    Exactly. If one makes a blind or hasty purchase, then they only have themselves to blame. There is no conceivable way to make this mistake if one actually reads what it says on the box, shelf label, or online description.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Well all people now a days think that any tablet is an iPad because iPad is a more well known name and today's marketshare is made up of mostly idiots who don't understand technology well enough to tell the difference so that is a completely unfair advantage that crapple has now gained.
    I don't, do you?

Banned
    Thanks

Really how hard is it to read a huge letters on a box. Either it says IPAD or it says GALAXY TAB.
    And what about all the other tablets that got returned coz stupid people dont see all the advertisements for those tablets but are bombarded with ads for the iPad and they returned them too.
    Just coz Apple hate the makers of their products doesn't mean all returned android tablets are from Samsung. I bet most are probably Asus or some other brand I cant think of atm as there is little to no advertisements on those ones.

Apple just have more money to waste and advertise everywhere so its a common name but when you go to the shop to buy a tablet you realise there are many all with different features and specs and its not that easy to buy the right one for you but as you've been bombarded with all the info on the iPad thats what you end up getting.
    I bet if Samsung put as much advertising into the Galaxy Tab then you would get that instead as it is actually a better tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    It says "IPAD" on the box with a giant Apple logo, pretty hard to screw that up.
    In China, manufactures often make their boxes look like the items they are copying. All the KIRF iPhones here are sold in the same white box that is the same size as Apple's. Instead if iPhone, it'll say something like Air Phone or something similar.

Retailers sometimes put similar products together so customers may mistaken a generic brand instead of a big brand. They make a lot more off the generic brands. If you go to the grocery store, you can see this. They'll make the box same color and very similar design. Someone in a hurry can mistakenly grab the generic brand that was strategically placed next to the big brand they are copying.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I bet if Samsung put as much advertising into the Galaxy Tab then you would get that instead as it is actually a better tablet.
    You would certainly lose this bet. Andriod tablets may be better for you but certainly not for the general public. Kids of all ages can pick up an iPad and use it. Grandmas and grandpas can pick up an iPad and use it easily. That is why the iPad is successful. There aren't even many advertisements here in China but everyone wants an iPhone and iPad. Hell, someone sold his kidney for one!
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 07-28-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    In China, manufactures often make their boxes look like the items they are copying. All the KIRF iPhones here are sold in the same white box that is the same size as Apple's. Instead if iPhone, it'll say something like Air Phone or something similar.

Retailers sometimes put similar products together so customers may mistaken a generic brand instead of a big brand. They make a lot more off the generic brands. If you go to the grocery store, you can see this. They'll make the box same color and very similar design. Someone in a hurry can mistakenly grab the generic brand that was strategically placed next to the big brand they are copying.

You would certainly lose this bet. Andriod tablets may be better for you but certainly not for the general public. Kids of all ages can pick up an iPad and use it. Grandmas and grandpas can pick up an iPad and use it easily. That is why the iPad is successful. There aren't even many advertisements here in China but everyone wants an iPhone and iPad. Hell, someone sold his kidney for one!
    +1

Both are white boxes with a tablet on the cover. Yeah, the words are different but we've been conditioned to do everything based on a picture. Go to a restaurant -- same thing.

If Best Buy has bothered to mention it to Samsung, it means the numbers have to be in the hundreds -- minimum -- or it wouldn't be worth it to them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    comments longer than 1.5 inches should be deleted.
    Word son!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    +1

Both are white boxes with a tablet on the cover. Yeah, the words are different but we've been conditioned to do everything based on a picture. Go to a restaurant -- same thing.

If Best Buy has bothered to mention it to Samsung, it means the numbers have to be in the hundreds -- minimum -- or it wouldn't be worth it to them.
    Yeah about that picture thing...no people still need to learn to read. There is a reason why words are on the box.

Whether online or in store, when I shop I tend to read the box carefully to make sure I'm buying exactly what I want. Especially with Xbox and ps3 having a lot of the same games, I read the product description and/or box three times over to make sure I'm getting the Xbox version and not the ps3 one to avoid having to return anything.

Pictures help, but words need to be read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Tim View Post
    Or, it could have been online purchases; it doesn't state one way or another if they were in store or not. I'm not sure how Best Buy reps - myself being a recently former one - wouldn't be doing their jobs right. Some stores do set tablets out in traps (be it box traps or spider traps) for their "grab and go" customers, with employees never having the chance to talk to these customers to make sure they're getting the right item they want.
    Customer don't read a damned thing. They look for a price tag and an image of what they want; they don't read, and I've seen it happen many times over in my nearly 5 years working in retail.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting all blame on the reps. I'm just saying it could be that just as much as it is obviously the customer failing to bother reading. I'm sure you were a great rep but I've had less than pleasant experiences with some best buy reps in my area.

As for online shopping, well I never ruled out that it's purely the customer's fault. It truly is. Words are put on the product description for a purpose, but people like to look at pictures and purchase hastily.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 07-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Samsung should flip this, saying because Best Buy's return policy requires a reason they used the excuse popularized by Apple to return Samsung product.
    Or it could be Apple employee that did this to justify Apple's claim.

exactly what I said when I read this story, either apple employees or apple fan boys.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    kids of all ages can pick up an iPad and use it. Grandmas and grandpas can pick up an iPad and use it easily. That is why the iPad is successful. There aren't even many advertisements here in China but everyone wants an iPhone and iPad. Hell, someone sold his kidney for one!
    I agree with you 100 percent the Ipad is perfect for children and adults who grew up without computers. Im not dissing anyone but I wouldn't reccomend android to anyone who would need outside help to setup an email address or do basic things on a computer. I have a Galaxy tab 10.1 and my oldest son has the Ipad3 (He is 7 years old). My mom is 52 and she got an Android phone and Tablet and hardly asked for help on anything. I still don't know how people can mistake a Samsung tablet for an Apple tablet I didn't know **** about tablets before I purchased them for my house and they looked different to me in the store before I started reading up on them. This is like someone complaining that they purchased a Windows desktop because they thought it was a Mac lol silly blind people. Just because something is tech doesn't mean people shouldn't use there eyes and common sense, but I guess it isn't so common anymore is it?.

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    comments longer than 1.5 inches should be deleted.
    usernames over 9 characters should be truncated.

thats because people see a big black rectangle with a screen and assume its an ipad.

I had a lady walk into staples next to me, she walks up to a 17 inch laptop and asks the associate, "this isnt a netbook is it?"
    When it comes to tech, for some reason, people have no inclination to actually learn about a product before they buy it. It has nothing to do with the physical appearance (there are dozens of tablets that look like the ipad, in apple's logic) but people see something remotely similar and pretend its the same thing when they buy, then realize its not and blame the store/the company for their stupidity.

well thats embarrassing...come on people!

Thanks

The Box doesn't say iPad..its not an iPad. That is all for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12