+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Galaxy Tab Stlll Banned in the U.S., U.K. Judge Orders Apple to Publish Embarrassing Ads

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Galaxy Tab Stlll Banned in the U.S., U.K. Judge Orders Apple to Publish Embarrassin Ads

Samsung’s Galaxy Tab will remain absent from U.S. retailers after the company’s latest attempt to get a preliminary ban failed.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit denied Samsung’s request to to suspend the preliminary injunction against its tablet that Apple won last month. The judge denied Samsung's request to expedite an appeal regarding the decision as well. Earlier this month U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh denied Samsung’s request that the injunction be suspended until the court makes a decision in the case between Apple and Samsung. The trial doesn’t start till July 30th, meaning the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be subject to the ban at least until the end of the trial.

However, Samsung can sleep easier knowing that a U.K. Judge ordered Apple to begin advertising that Samsung did not copy their product. Yes. Judgje Colin Birss ordered Apple to publish a notice in several newspapers, magazines, and on Apple’s website informing consumers of the court’s decision that Samsung’s designs are not in fact copying Apple’s products.

I imagine Apple find a way to wiggle out of that one, if not produce ads that take subversive shots at Samsung while meeting the courts requirements.

Source: CNET, FOSS Patents

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillip Swanson For This Useful Post:

raduga (07-20-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

Samsung’s Galaxy Tab will remain absent from U.S. retailers after the company’s latest attempt to get a preliminary ban failed.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit denied Samsung’s request to to suspend the preliminary injunction against its tablet that Apple won last month. The judge denied Samsung's request to expedite an appeal regarding the decision as well. Earlier this month U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh denied Samsung’s request that the injunction be suspended until the court makes a decision in the case between Apple and Samsung. The trial doesn’t start till July 30th, meaning the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be subject to the ban at least until the end of the trial.

However, Samsung can sleep easier knowing that a U.K. Judge ordered Apple to begin advertising that Samsung did not copy their product. Yes. Judgje Colin Birss ordered Apple to publish a notice in several newspapers, magazines, and on Apple’s website informing consumers of the court’s decision that Samsung’s designs are not in fact copying Apple’s products.

I imagine Apple find a way to wiggle out of that one, if not produce ads that take subversive shots at Samsung while meeting the courts requirements.

Source: CNET, FOSS Patents
    one wonders, if enraged Apple fans were to remix and re-release the ads
    as a DIRECT attack on Samsung via Youtube

would AAPL dmca them?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

samsung loses millions of millions of dollars and investors money but don't worry apple will have to say that you didnt copy them..

now it just seems like samsungs galaxy tab just got banned for no reason

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-20-2012)

Thanks

What the **** is wrong with this judge...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    2 words for the judge... old man... with his dumb phone... seriously, anyone who own an iphone/ipad and own/seen other android phone/tablaet, like htc and moto, clearly can tell at the 1st glance that samsung did copy 99% of apple inside out, both software & hardware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    samsung loses millions of millions of dollars and investors money but don't worry apple will have to say that you didnt copy them..

I'd love to see what the remixes come out like. That said, I don't think it's a problem for Apple, unless the judge specifically states how the ad must be run.
    IF there is enough leeway, then there is as has been already suggested, nothing to stop Apple running an ad along the lines of;

It's Official, (See ruling by justice Colin Birss), the Samsung Galaxy Drab isn't as cool as the iPad, which proves they must have copied somebody else instead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

US & UK are 2 different countries, UK decision has no bearing on US ban.

BTW, in cases like these the petitioning party usually had to post a bond to cover potential losses of the other party if the ban is over-turned. If Samsung does win then Apple will have to pay them for losses incurred.

Thanks

It is time some humiliation comes apple's way. They believe they invented the rectangle...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cpotoso For This Useful Post:

rickuk (07-20-2012)

Thanks
    Apple is an American Company. So why in the world would they have to listen to a U.K. judge? Or is he just talking about in the U.K.? Apple could just refuse to sell their products there and everybody would end up hating the judge.

Also to me is is incredibly obvious that Samsung copies Apple at every turn. This isn't the first time they have come out with a product that looks suspiciously similar to something Apple has made.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    It is time some humiliation comes apple's way. They believe they invented the rectangle...
    They also believed they invented everything and all the apple fanbois follows that mindset

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Glocknine For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-20-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Apple is an American Company. So why in the world would they have to listen to a U.K. judge? Or is he just talking about in the U.K.? Apple could just refuse to sell their products there and everybody would end up hating the judge.

Also to me is is incredibly obvious that Samsung copies Apple at every turn. This isn't the first time they have come out with a product that looks suspiciously similar to something Apple has made.
    What exactly do you expect it to look like? A triangle tablet?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamemaster77 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-20-2012), rickuk (07-20-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is an entity. Not a human being. So why is everyone saying that "they" think "they" invented everything? And even if "they" were, "they" don't believe "they" invented everything. "they" are simply defending their ideas. Back in 2007, HTC, Samsung, Motorola and Google didn't have anything like the iPhone. Why? Because Apple did in fact invent most everything about it. And many of its features. So, in reality, many things created by said companies are a copy of Apples products, and Apple, being the massive company "they" are, are defending the ideas that "they" came up with. Wouldn't you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Raduga, ur an idiot. Why would u copy and paste an article that is right there. We really need u to fill up our screens with the article that is already there

Banned
    Thanks

It's America and the legal system there is corrupt. Apple would've just paid off the judge to get that ruling.

The only thing that is similar between the Galaxy Tab and the iPad is they are both tablets. You can see the difference a mile away.
    Apple are just jealous that the GTab is a better tablet and instead of making the iPad better they get court orders to stop the GTab from selling.
    All this proves is Apple have more money than sense and people should STOP buying their devices.

I have both, the new iPad and a Galaxy Tab and I prefer the GTab as it is a better tablet. The problem is the apps, they are better in Apple devices. When the devs update the android apps then that will change.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedFaerie For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-20-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    What exactly do you expect it to look like? A triangle tablet?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (07-20-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    It's America and the legal system there is corrupt. Apple would've just paid off the judge to get that ruling.

The only thing that is similar between the Galaxy Tab and the iPad is they are both tablets. You can see the difference a mile away.
    Apple are just jealous that the GTab is a better tablet and instead of making the iPad better they get court orders to stop the GTab from selling.
    All this proves is Apple have more money than sense and people should STOP buying their devices.

I have both, the new iPad and a Galaxy Tab and I prefer the GTab as it is a better tablet. The problem is the apps, they are better in Apple devices. When the devs update the android apps then that will change.
    I dont get how people say that iphone and ipad suck yet why are you on this site? and why are so many people buying them if they suck? Im confused.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Judge most likely ordered the ads because Apple was saying Samsung copied their device in their own ads, a judge does not order something like this out of the blue.

to Hitman10: There is plenty of former owners of devices that come to this site, or they get to play with them at places like Best Buy. And if your read carefully you would see he said G Tab is better not iPhone/iPad suck. Plenty of people buying the Cabbage Patch Kids in the 80's, the thing sucked yet they had problem keeping them in stock. Less confusion if you had better reading comprehension.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks

I lol'd. I just knew someone was going to post that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Like to see them try and then get heavily fined by the same judge for not following his orders to the letter

UK judges take a very dim view of companies not following their orders.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lamborghini615 View Post
    Well for one, it wasn't Lucy Kohl the apple fanjudge. That's for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamborghini615 View Post
    Well for one, it wasn't Lucy Kohl the apple fanjudge. That's for starters.

Wow that looks like half of an iPad!. I swear Steve Jobbs bought one for himself and probably one as a gag gift for iWoz and thought to himself and one day while the two device were sitting on his iCofeetable if I put these two devices together I have a very good looking tablet but it's so square and at apple we don't invent.......we reinvent!

So they reinvented the square and patented the rectangle.
    Last edited by Darkflame; 07-20-2012 at 02:25 PM.