+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Galaxy Tab Stlll Banned in the U.S., U.K. Judge Orders Apple to Publish Embarrassing Ads

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
If I had the money I would buy one anyway. Just to p*** off crapple.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

If I had the money I would buy one anyway. Just to p*** off crapple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    It's America and the legal system there is corrupt. Apple would've just paid off the judge to get that ruling.

The only thing that is similar between the Galaxy Tab and the iPad is they are both tablets. You can see the difference a mile away.

I have both, the new iPad and a Galaxy Tab and I prefer the GTab as it is a better tablet. The problem is the apps, they are better in Apple devices. When the devs update the android apps then that will change.
    Apparently the German legal sytem is corrupt also? That was the first country Apple was able to get an injunction on the "GTab" and Samsung had to alter the design befores really the could resume selling it (Galaxy Tablet 10.1N)!

I think it's stupid BTW, I mean how many forms can a tablet take? A good example of the is on also different devices is thes clam shell "flip phone", wasn't the Moto StartTAC thes first? I'm sure ther's patents on the dsign and yet we see so many flips by other manufacturers.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    "I prefer Galaxy Tablets because it's a better tablet then the iPad but the apps on the iPad are better. Well if the apps are better on the iPad what exactly is better on the Galaxy? What can possibly be better if the apps are no good? The headphone jack?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    Apple is an entity. Not a human being. So why is everyone saying that "they" think "they" invented everything? And even if "they" were, "they" don't believe "they" invented everything. "they" are simply defending their ideas. Back in 2007, HTC, Samsung, Motorola and Google didn't have anything like the iPhone. Why? Because Apple did in fact invent most everything about it. And many of its features. So, in reality, many things created by said companies are a copy of Apples products, and Apple, being the massive company "they" are, are defending the ideas that "they" came up with. Wouldn't you?
    Corporations are people, Citizens United v FEC said so and so does Mitt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2h8ujX6T0A

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    "I prefer Galaxy Tablets because it's a better tablet then the iPad but the apps on the iPad are better. Well if the apps are better on the iPad what exactly is better on the Galaxy? What can possibly be better if the apps are no good? The headphone jack?
    I rarely use apps on my iPad.... I guess I should toss it in the garbage as apparently it's useless without apps.
    Last edited by rkswat; 07-20-2012 at 11:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Apparently the German legal sytem is corrupt also? That was the first country Apple was able to get an injunction on the "GTab" and Samsung had to alter the design befores really the could resume selling it (Galaxy Tablet 10.1N)!

I think it's stupid BTW, I mean how many forms can a tablet take? A good example of the is on also different devices is thes clam shell "flip phone", wasn't the Moto StartTAC thes first? I'm sure ther's patents on the dsign and yet we see so many flips by other manufacturers.
    Not as simple as that and you know it. There may be patents on a flip phone but you need to know the extent of them before coming up with that drivel.
    The bottom line is this, whichever camp you come from; If you are awarded a patent you have the right to defend it and claim damages when ever someone infringes on it. This is regardless of whether you invented something or not. If the law is an *** it needs sorting out, but at present it is what it is. In your world we'd all be permitted to break laws just because they don't suit our way of looking at things.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    US & UK are 2 different countries, UK decision has no bearing on US ban.

BTW, in cases like these the petitioning party usually had to post a bond to cover potential losses of the other party if the ban is over-turned. If Samsung does win then Apple will have to pay them for losses incurred.
    Dunno what I said that has to do with us and uk being the same place..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    Raduga, ur an idiot. Why would u copy and paste an article that is right there. We really need u to fill up our screens with the article that is already there
    Indeed, I am an idiot! Thank you for noticing. <3
    And also thanks for filling my screen with your angry words instead of embarrassing Apple ads.

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Apple is an American Company. So why in the world would they have to listen to a U.K. judge? Or is he just talking about in the U.K.? Apple could just refuse to sell their products there and everybody would end up hating the judge.
    If Apple wants to do business (and make billions of from UK'ers, and eventually take over the world) they have to listen to U.K. judges. If Apple refuses to sell their products every time a judge calls them out on their antics, they don't get to make billions of , and probably won't make a whole lot of or $ either.

Also to me is is incredibly obvious that Samsung copies Apple at every turn. This isn't the first time they have come out with a product that looks suspiciously similar to something Apple has made.
    Why suspicious?
    That's the way the modern business world works.
    When you or I copy something without permission, that's piracy and we go to jail.

When Apple or Samsung copies something without permission, that's standard operating procedure and should they get caught, can usually worm their way out of it. For a small consideration left to their legal team.

Thanks

The judge seems to be quite wise man and knowing everything about how Apple use to blackmail other companies so he is teaching Apple a very Good lesson! A glad at what is happening to Google!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12