+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Updates My Xbox LIVE app to Bring Console Control to the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Updates My Xbox LIVE app to Bring Console Control to the iPad

Microsoft recently updated their Xbox LIVE iOS app and added support for the iPad bringing remote control capabilities first seen in the app’s iPhone version to Apple’s tablet. Although the update is nowhere near as close to Microsoft’s SmartGlass Xbox companion app, this update adds a handful of useful features to the iPad.

The app has come a long way since its initial release in December 2011, where the app was limited to basic functions like Xbox Live content browsing, friend list access and message editing. Subsequently, version 1.5, which was released in June brought Xbox Companion remote control functionality to the iPhone along with higher-resolution image support for the iPad.

The most recent version 1.6 adds the missing Companion feature to the iPad, which allows users to launch games, browse Xbox LIVE video content, play DVDs or videos, and navigate to the console’s UI. For those of you who are familiar with Microsoft’s Metro interface, you’ll feel right at home, though the iPad app’s digital D-pad and Xbox function buttons are all but swallowed by the tablet’s large screen. Things that weren’t seen at all were AirPlay-like capabilities such as screen sharing or video interactivity, but those features will probably be released when SmartGlass falls later this year.

If you are interested in downloading the app, you can do so through the iTunes App store. The update is only 27 MB so it isn’t too bad.

Source: App Store

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wanna control my video that I play from my comp via tverisity and be able to turn my Xbox off and on then it's good .now its an ok app.