+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPad Mini Sample Photos Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Possible iPad Mini Sample Photos Leaked

After the purported next-generation iPhone physical mockups were released, GottaBeMobile ended up posting a similar series of pictures for the rumored smaller iPad. In their report the site notes that the hardware seems to be case molds.

The images provided by GottaBeMobile donít seem to provide much information regarding the rumored iPad Mini. One thing the cases moldings do reiterate is the fact that the iPad Mini is going to be significantly thinner than the current generation 9.7-inch iPad. The rumored smaller dock connector is also shown between the dual speaker grills.

The images above also show a nice comparison between the current iPad and what the smaller iteration of the iPad would look like side by side. The smaller dock connector would also go hand to hand with what is speculated in the next-generation iPhone. Having the smaller dock connector would mean that both next-generation iOS devices would share connectors with one another but probably won't be backwards compatible which makes the whole ordeal seem a bit skeptical. While all of these rumors arenít fully confirmed, there seems to be some credibility with previous speculation and rumors and the pictures shown. Weíll have to wait for more concrete information in the form of an announcement or a more credible source.

Source: GottaBeMobile

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So glad when this happens.
    There was an Apple fanboy who said that this wasn't going to happen with these leaks and as soon as it comes out I'm rubbing his face in it!

Thanks

They need a good name for this if it happens. iPad mini as a name is pretty lame. So is MacBook pro with retina display. As well as the new iPad. C'mon apple, let's see some good and original names!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    There was an Apple fanboy who said that this wasn't going to happen with these leaks and as soon as it comes out I'm rubbing his face in it!
    Go get'em, tiger! 🐯

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

im glad its happening.it'll be easy to carry around

Green Apple
    Thanks

Saturating the market with products that all do the same thing, sound familiar? *ahem* Nokia *ahem* *ahem*

Seriously though, who is their market? If I dished out $ 600 for a regular iPad, why would I buy this? They better price it competitively, $ 199 - $ 249 say, or it wont see much success.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    They need a good name for this if it happens. iPad mini as a name is pretty lame. So is MacBook pro with retina display. As well as the new iPad. C'mon apple, let's see some good and original names!
    It's cause they don't want people to assume iPad 3 4 etc. like they do with the iPhone. But they have to keep their signature trademarks too. Iportable :P sounds like something that actually makes sense with the "I" before it haha

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    I think someone should rub an iPod in your face

Quote Originally Posted by fabbuloso View Post
    im glad its happening.it'll be easy to carry around
    Hell yeah broski I can't wait either!! I been wanting something that is EXACTLY like the iPad but smaller!

Oh wait I got a good idea for a name, instead of iPad Mini they should call it IPOD!!!!!
    Last edited by MoronPolice; 07-11-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

names for this:

iPad nano.
    iPad S
    iPod Pro.

or.. The new small iPad

Thanks

I don't need to see the mock ups to KNOW its coming. Makes perfect business sense. Umm..it will make tons of $$ and put the competitors to shame haha! Just like the original iPad and the 2 that came after dominance. That is all for now.

Thanks
    I agree the new iPad needs a good name iPawd :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 774 Posts

iPud

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micro_master View Post
    Saturating the market with products that all do the same thing, sound familiar? *ahem* Nokia *ahem* *ahem*

Seriously though, who is their market? If I dished out $ 600 for a regular iPad, why would I buy this? They better price it competitively, $ 199 - $ 249 say, or it wont see much success.
    You obviously have never played with a Kindle Fire.
    When I played with one all I kept saying to myself was "I wish this was Apple."

It's small enough to type with two thumbs. But not so big that it draws a lot of attention.

I do 99% of my gaming on iOS and while I started wanting an iPad, the smaller one is exactly what I want not too big and not to small. You can share with friends without having to share with an entire subway car full of people looking over your shoulder. As a gamer, I am behind iOS an this size is perfect for gaming.

If anybody think there isn't a market, they're wrong. I am buying one of these things.

Poor Vita.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

First of all who cares about the names. I believe they will release this to compete with the other smaller tablets but also it will cost less so people who can't afford a $500 iPad will wanna look at a $200-$250 Samsung but will see a cheaper iPad and buy that instead. Makes perfect sense. Products like these don't even really deserve a name. Just coming from apple is good enough

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    First of all who cares about the names. I believe they will release this to compete with the other smaller tablets but also it will cost less so people who can't afford a $500 iPad will wanna look at a $200-$250 Samsung but will see a cheaper iPad and buy that instead. Makes perfect sense. Products like these don't even really deserve a name. Just coming from apple is good enough
    The name should be good so that it is more marketable.

I think that iPad nano sounds pretty good.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If it's orange I don't even want it. Apple is so stupid. Whats next, a purple ipad? I mean, really.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

@mwhite. it's just a mockup to show the size. most likely a mold to make cases from. The color of the mold has nothing to do with the final product. It will likely be black or white.

I really don't see the point with this though. How are they going to price it? $200-$250 would wreck their ipod sales I feel. I think the current iPad has a good size to it. No need to make smaller versions in my eyes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the name ipad nano would be cool

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhite67 View Post
    If it's orange I don't even want it. Apple is so stupid. Whats next, a purple ipad? I mean, really.
    you sir, are an idiot.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loxs View Post
    names for this:

iPad nano.
    iPad S
    iPod Pro.

or.. The new small iPad
    LMAO! What's sad is that there are some fanboys who will see your post and be like "OMG those are excellent names"