Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Mini Rumored to be Produced in Brazil Starting September

Thanks

Default iPad Mini Rumored to be Produced in Brazil Starting September

According to the Japanese Apple site, MacOtakara, the rumored 7-inch iPad tablet has completed its CNC machine testing in China and will be assembled in Foxconn’s factory in Brazil. A “reliable source” goes on to further detail the manufacturing plan quoting September as the expected production start date which will ramp up in time for the holiday season.

Currently, Foxconn’s plant in Brazil is tasked with building iPhones and certain iPad models, so taking on the responsibility of building the “iPad Mini” shouldn’t be a hard task. As of right now, the consensus remains on the tablet’s 7.85 inch size being a part of the form factor. The source did mention that the new device will be more similar to the third-generation iPod Nano as opposed to a shrunken iPad. The prototype device is supposedly the same height as Google’s recently announced Nexus 7 but is a bit wider and has a thickness similar to that of the iPod Touch.

The “iPad Mini” is also rumored to have 3G wireless connectivity though the source claimed to have seen a list of carriers slated to receive the device, though not every provider that currently sells the iPad will have access to the device at launch. We’ll have to see how many of the rumors turn out to be true once something more concrete is announced or revealed.

Source: MacOtakara

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

If this is true I wonder what they're gonna call it because iPad mini sounds dumb.

where can i buy shares of foxconn?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

We hear these same rumors every year. I wonder are these "inside sources" simply seeing plans for other tablets and making the incorrect assumptions that it's a new smaller iPad each time. But sure that makes more sense than repeating the same rumors every couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    If this is true I wonder what they're gonna call it because iPad mini sounds dumb.
    Why? iPad, iPad 2 then... The New iPad. Why wouldn't a smaller thinner iPad not be called iPad mini? Playstation did it with the ps3 slim and it worked fine? So why is this dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    where can i buy shares of foxconn?
    I'm looking for that too

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    iPooed

As small as an accidental ****....

Thanks

Whats in a name? They didn't call the iPad 3 the iPad 3..they called it The New iPad. Who cares..as long as it functions as its supposed to. iPad Mini, iPad slim, iPad 3GS haha! My question is the price point..i don't think they can build one at $199 to compete with the Fire and Nexus 7. It would be in the $250-299 range and well worth it im sure. Lets just hope its retina and not 3GS specs. Also, for any naysayers its natural progression. Apple runs the tablet world..why not run the mini tablet world muhahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    Interesting that the razor-wire in the photo is on the wrong side of the fence. Are they trying to keep under-aged, under-paid workers from escaping?

Thanks

The rumors are getting stronger with time, more and more people are talking about the iPad mini, and its quite anticipated in the public. Lets just hope that everything goes well and its released on time. The speculation are though too much, some calling it 7inch, some calling it 7.85inch, but whatever is the size, its going to rock, of that, i am damn sure!