+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gates: Apple Needs a Surface-like Device

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ha! Ha! You folks are so funny!
    We expect our pocket phones, aka smartphones, aka mobile devices to do so much and yet we are quite satisfied for an $800 tablet computer to look at movies and play games! Say what you want about MS, they gave me the opportunity to afford and learn computers and make a living doing so. (I do support Macs too.) Can't wait for a truly, reasonably light and full-featured "useful" tablet, so I could shed my 6lb. laptop as a mobile support professional. AND, if it comes in different flavours, so what?! My productivity choice! It will be interesting to see how many people line up for a 7" iPad! Why?!
    Like most people, I like shiny things. 3 years ago, it was an iPhone 3GS. If the iP5 is not as pleasing as an Android device for the holidays, then guess who's getting a shiny, new Android smartphone? But if it is beautiful and I like it, it'd just as well serve me to get the iP5. But for my productivity, my livelihood, I am sticking with my Windows platform, and the skinnier and lighter and variety, the better.

Banned
    Thanks

I think the Windows Tablet will kick ***. BUT the problem is Windows 8 is a tablety touchscreen OS so it will totally suck on the PC.
    I've been trying out the betas, and now the RC and it still sucks as a mouse OS. I use to upgrade as soon as the RC came out but this time I'm not. I'm sticking with Windows 7 as its a lot better for a Desktop OS but I will think about getting a Surface for Windows 8 when its all released as long as its affordable BUT as its not an Apple device it will be affordable.
    I was looking into getting a Mac for many years but as they are priced so stupidly high I still cant afford one but I've brought many updates to my PC and still haven't gotten close to the price of a Mac.
    Long live the awesome PC. But if all OS's are going touch screen then it looks like the desktop is on its last legs.

Thanks

Still looking for a reason to buy surface lol. I like the OS idea but I need to see a price and almost EVERYTHING else lol. I have no idea about the apps, screen, will it rotate to portrait, battery life, what it does that the iPad can't. If it only runs windows then I'll just stick with iPad lol. And that's only the RT surface I think? So where does that leave the other one......

Thanks

Lordy, this is funny.

Microsoft has been here before - ever heard of Windows Tablet Edition? No? It exists. I've seen it used at places like Disney World, where they don't really care about cost, and looking super cool is the thing.

Bill knows he has a turkey on his hands. (Priced like a netbook? WTF? Who is gonna buy a tablet for $1200 US? Not you, or you or you. Business? Don't make me laugh. They're running to a bring your own device model, and believe me, they aren't looking at $1000+ laptops, but rather the huge crowd of under $500 machines. Desktops are all but dead - looking around the cube farm here, the only leftovers are some ancient Dells being used by offshore types RDP'ing in.

Bill's faint, fond hope is to try to get apple to chase Bill's view of the market place - and if Microsoft's last 10 years show anything, they show Microsoft has no clue, and no interest in getting one. Meanwhile, Apple just points to the Mac line, and sez if you want to spend $1200 get a real notebook, with a real keyboard, and all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Windows Surface RT will NOT run the desktop version, and will be more like Windows Phone 7
    Surface RT will not be like Windows Phone 7.... It won't even be like Windows 7.5 Mango... It will be "like" Windows 8

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xTorch View Post
    My guess is that Surface is gonna rock.
    The way I see it, iPad has a better screen and everything else goes for Surface. Just think about it, Android never really offered something totally new, and a lot of people bought it. Surface, on the other hand, runs the same Windows everyone is used to work with on their PCs, not to mention the super cool keyboard. About the price, Apple's products are overpriced and everyone buys them, people will buy Surface as well, even if it is expensive, and hopefully, they'll buy it enough so that Apple is forced to really improve iPad's features and prices.
    I've had a windows tablet.
    The biggest problem it had was the full version of Windows, which is not an OS designed for touch. It was a bear to use and I eventually had to cart a keyboard around with me just to make it functional. Within 6 months it lived in its dock and I was back to using my Handspring for any portable note taking.
    The best part of iOS is the fact that it is written for touch. The apps work with touch and I don't have to have an external keyboard to work efficiently on it.
    I still use my iPad for work and home everyday. I have the same one since I bought the original on the day it was released.

Apple's prices never change. The products just get better over time/versions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What's the "app store" situation for these things? Are they going to let people install anything from anywhere?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is so true... Although I'm not a fan of these mobile devices I can see why people do like them

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is essential to protect your piece with a safety case. So in this case you will have to find the best cases for you device in the market. Online shopping is a better option in this regard because you will be able to compare and evaluate the prices and quality of the cases for the New iPad 3. The color scheme, design and theme are always a subjective decision but there are a few iPad 3 case that are just so much fantastic that you can't miss buying them.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12