+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsofts Surface Tablet: The Good, The Bad and The Apple

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by crouching I think the is the beginning of something that could be great. I love my iPad but a full working version of Windows is what I
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    I think the is the beginning of something that could be great. I love my iPad but a full working version of Windows is what I would love! To run real applications in something just as thin as the iPad. If the Surface makes it to a second generation I could only imagine the possibilities this will have and what Apple will have to compete with.
    FYI, there's a Free App Store app that lets u run Virtual Windows on ur iPad.

I found out the name (I forgot what it was called):

OnLive
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-19-2012 at 02:16 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Also, the coloured keyboards are hideous! They would distract my eyes from the screen
    The black and silver/gray keyboards are ok. I'd get black to match the tablet.

Thanks

I'm very impressed by the keyboard/smart cover integration. The tablet is attractive and has a traditional tablet look. However, Windows... It's good to see real competition for Apple. Will I be interested in the windows tablet? Not even if you gave it to me for free. All this means to me is Apple will now play their big cards against the competition and would release better iPads for me to purchase.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just not interested!! I began using apple products because they work. I personally can't stand any version of Windows. Why would I expect anything better from this OS. I'm sure out of the box it's great however, like most other windows OS, it's just a downhill slide after that. Just my experience with Windows!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So, how long before we see a very similar bluetooth capable cover for the iPad? It wouldn't shock me if we saw one before the Surface itself is even available.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MCN View Post
    I like a lot more than the smart cover...IT HAS USB! So you could most likely connect an external hard drive or external dvd drive..better yet...a multi usb port and use both at the same time...Plus you can use actual software!! PLUS! I'm sure we won't have to wait for a jailbreak
    I agree with that 110%. I think Apples going to have a rea hard time competing with the Surface Windows 8. Really **** name tho.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-19-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    FYI, there's a Free App Store app that lets u run Virtual Windows on ur iPad.

I found out the name (I forgot what it was called):

OnLive

I actually have tried that, but being subscription based and also the fact that it is streaming takes away some of the usability for me. It will be tough, I will have to see the Surface first and compare. I'm not jumping ship just yet.

Thanks

So, will it be compatible with all the major virusses?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krayzeeman View Post
    So, will it be compatible with all the major virusses?
    Hahahahaha!!! Nice! 😂😂😂

Thanks

As i've stated before. It's going to ba a Battle between Apple & Samsung..Microsoft is inmaterial.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    And put many small companies out of business in the process?
    Sounds OK by me. If a company goes out of business because Apple adds a kickstand, then the company was poorly managed and narrow sighted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cant wait till they make that type of cover for ipad!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm very excited. I've held off on buying an ipad because i feel like a device of that size should run real applications and real software, plus the lack of productivity software has always turned me off.

"surface" looks like a day 1 buy to me, very cool. I especially like how it has real USB ports, so i can transfer files via memory stick and connect a mouse to play computer games. Very exciting, hopefully this forces apple to innovate and make their products less restrictive.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to the87th For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-19-2012)

Thanks

the bad is really bad

and it was easier for them to pull and apple and keep their tab out of the rumors cuz nobody really cared bout windows ever heard of a windows fanbo, no. but there is an apple fanboy

Thanks

You're assuming this thing will run smoothly, much like the iPad. With all those ports and a full-blown OS, it better have some killer specs in order to give the user a smooth, seamless experience. Just my two cents.

Banned
    Thanks

DAMN IT!
    If this was a week earlier I wouldn't have just brought the iPad 3.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedFaerie For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    You're assuming this thing will run smoothly, much like the iPad. With all those ports and a full-blown OS, it better have some killer specs in order to give the user a smooth, seamless experience. Just my two cents.
    Pro is supposed to have 3rd gen i5

-Luke

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Compact + keyboard so don't mess up the screen + USB + Full OS!
    If the price is decent and if Apple is going to file an injunction against MS for having square tablet design I'd buy this thing

22. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (06-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the87th View Post
    I'm very excited. I've held off on buying an ipad because i feel like a device of that size should run real applications and real software, plus the lack of productivity software has always turned me off.

"surface" looks like a day 1 buy to me, very cool. I especially like how it has real USB ports, so i can transfer files via memory stick and connect a mouse to play computer games. Very exciting, hopefully this forces apple to innovate and make their products less restrictive.
    WAIT?!?!??! you mean to tell me that my iPad has been running fake applications this entire time?? WTF I'm taking it back to apple as we speak!!!!

lmao.. a tablet is meant to be a tablet. your so called "real" applications are not built for a touch screen. Yes you can then plug in a mouse i suppose and play video games but i can play video games with my iPad just fine..lol I have a feeling this tablet is going to run like every other small based windows machine, slow laggy and like crap!.

Apple is restrictive in the sense that there products are stream lined. Yes does the iPad need some better features? of course i agree 100 percent.. But as of right now i can hook my bluetooth keyboard case (yes i know this comes with a keyboard but this set up looks like its meant for a desk and not your lap on the couch) and do actual real work using the fake application (as you say lol) that are available to us on the AppStore.

I have no doubt at all this is going to be a great hit. but gonna take more than a windows platform to beat out apple in this game..

Thanks

Default Competition???
    Show me a product that I can actually buy and test for myself, that is functional, work as advertised and, most important, doesn't die dry of battery for no less than 5 hours and I will consider it real competition.

For now there's a lot of buss for a product that nobody knows when it will come to the market and that FROZE in the middle of a public presentation for the media while trying to run Internet explorer!!!

Anybody who consider it another "iPad killer" should at least watch the video of M$ pathetic presentation before jump into conclusions.
    Last edited by fishbone; 06-19-2012 at 05:27 PM.