Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google to Launch Cheaper Android Tablet Before Windows Surface Arrives

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Google to Launch Cheaper Android Tablet Before Windows Surface Arrives

On the heels of Microsoft's impressive unveiling of the long awaited "Surface" Windows 8 tablet, reports Tuesday morning indicate that Google may preempt the Windows tablet launch by releasing a cheaper Android tablet in the next few weeks or months.

According to Microsoft's announcement on Monday, the new Windows tablet is still a long way off from market introduction. "Surface for Windows RT will release with the general availability of Windows and the Windows 8 Pro model will be available about 90 days later," the company confirmed.

In other words, don't hold your breath. In fact, by the time "Surface" reaches the surface of the tablet market, the landscape may be more competitive than it already is. If the Wall Street Journal's sources are correct, Google will give the iPad another run for its money this summer with a new and lower-priced Android tablet.

In coming weeks, Google is expected to unveil a lower-priced Android tablet that it developed with Asustek Computer Inc. 2357.TW +0.34% to dent the market share of Apple's iPad, people familiar with the matter have said.
    In the past, some in the tech news business have been quick to trumpet the arrival of the "iPad killer." For now, no one is saying that either the Surface tablet or Google's lower-priced Android tablet will effectively kill the iPad. But one thing is certain. This broadening array of impressive challengers will certainly weaken the iPad's market share and the pressure will mount on Apple to dazzle us yet again with the 4th generation iPad.

Source: WSJ

Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,030 Posts

...who cares. It'll be just like all the other Android tablets on the market.

Going by eBay someone beat google to it lol

Banned
    Thanks

This is what apple fanboys fail to realize. Competition benefits the consumer., frivolous lawsuits hurt consumers and make greedy companies richer.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    ...who cares. It'll be just like all the other Android tablets on the market.
    iDiot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    This is what apple fanboys fail to realize. Competition benefits the consumer., frivolous lawsuits hurt consumers and make greedy companies richer.

iDiot.
    LOL! I know that competition boosts creativity; I'll be the first to admit that!!! Now show us, Fandroid, what this new Android Tablet is providing that makes it phenomenally better than the iPad? Is it a game changer? Is Apple gonna have to reconsider everything because of 'this' tablet???

In fact, which Android tablet has been in close competition w/ the iPad....ever??? Oh, that's right, it wasnt Android at all...it was the Kindle Fire.

So stick w/ ur name calling while the rest of us 'fanboys' use the most popular tablet in the world...

Thanks

I have yet to be impressed by any Android tablets. Now your trying to undercut the market even more. So sacrifice quality for a price point? You can't win with your technology, so you try to win by making the end product cheaper? haha! Does that ever work..has it ever worked? With food maybe..as consumers we demand the highest quality product for our dollar. If Apple ends up making a smaller tablet with a lower price point, they will control the "low end" tablet market with a high quality "low end" tablet. Only thing making it "low end" is the price point, not the quality of the product. We shall see what happens. MS always makes announcements years before they drop something. By the time the Surface comes to the surface..it will resemble a submarine trying to reach the top haha..think about it

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    LOL! I know that competition boosts creativity; I'll be the first to admit that!!! Now show us, Fandroid, what this new Android Tablet is providing that makes it phenomenally better than the iPad? Is it a game changer? Is Apple gonna have to reconsider everything because of 'this' tablet???

In fact, which Android tablet has been in close competition w/ the iPad....ever??? Oh, that's right, it wasnt Android at all...it was the Kindle Fire.

So stick w/ ur name calling while the rest of us 'fanboys' use the most popular tablet in the world...

"the most popular tablet in the world? so what does that mean for you? you're still the same ol boring guy with self esteem issues who thinks that owning an apple product is a status symbol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    "the most popular tablet in the world? so what does that mean for you? you're still the same ol boring guy with self esteem issues who thinks that owning an apple product is a status symbol.
    Hahahahaha! Is that what I am?!?! You've got me (and prolly a lot of other things about 'people' in general) wrong!

Enjoy finding 'fanboys' to make fun of...

I'll enjoy my boring life and my low self-esteem!

BTW, I like how u couldn't defend Android so you had to resort back to name calling. Very mature!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-20-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Harassment and insults to other members is not allowed. Please keep debates clean and leave personal attacks out of it.

Thanks

Sigh...when will jongarret change
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

If I'm guilty of name calling, then I apologize. I just don't understand why these people are even on MMI...