Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iOS 6 to Deliver Siri to iPad

Has there ever been an upgrade to a new IOS without it coming with a new iDevice? I am talking about "X.0s". (example 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 etc) I dont follow it like a hawk or anything. But dont all IOS "X.0s" get released with new iPhone models?

My expectation of an iPhone 5 release in June just went from 10% to 20%. While thats still a small possibility, I seems a bit more plausible if the new IOS is truly to be revealed next week.

Would they really release IOS6 around 4 months before a new iPhone? REALLY? Then all they would have to show off in October is a slightly larger screen for the iPhone. Or would the new iPhone come with IOS7? Highly unlikely.

I am looking for a June Surprise. If that doesnt happen, oh well. October isnt far away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    Has there ever been an upgrade to a new IOS without it coming with a new iDevice? I am talking about "X.0s". (example 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 etc) I dont follow it like a hawk or anything. But dont all IOS "X.0s" get released with new iPhone models?

My expectation of an iPhone 5 release in June just went from 10% to 20%. While thats still a small possibility, I seems a bit more plausible if the new IOS is truly to be revealed next week.

Would they really release IOS6 around 4 months before a new iPhone? REALLY? Then all they would have to show off in October is a slightly larger screen for the iPhone. Or would the new iPhone come with IOS7? Highly unlikely.

I am looking for a June Surprise. If that doesnt happen, oh well. October isnt far away.
    Major iOS updates (the x.0's) have typically been announced a few months before a new device launches and are iterated on in beta before being launched. It makes sense for iOS 6 to be announced at WWDC (and go into public beta testing that same day), so the kinks are ironed out. A Gold Master (think RTM for Windows, or a "test to make sure THIS build can go public,") build generally comes out the same day as the next device is publicly announced. Public launch of the new OS usually coincides with a new device being launched into the market, give or take a few days.

Now, if Apple wanted to take all the steam out of the Galaxy S3 launch in a BIG way, they'd launch at WWDC. However, I think Apple doesn't care about upstaging its rivals (in this manner). They would rather enjoy a huge momentum push of their own in the fall, generally uncontested in the "flagship phone competition" by the public's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    If Siri comes with iOS 6 for iPhone 4 or iPad 2, u bet I will update just for Siri even if no jailbreak is available!
    You must be smoking some good stuff. To consider updating a jailbroken iPad to iOS 6 simply for Siri is absurd. I have had a 4s since the day it came out and can count on one hand the amount of times I used it. I turned Siri off within two weeks of buying the phone. It is possible to manually do everything Siri can do as fast or faster and definitely more accurately. I am still not able to figure out what is more useless, Siri or an Android phone. (I only upgraded to my 4s because I was eligible and had $200 Apple gift card)

Just A Tangent But It's All Related

Prior to the release of the 4s, much supposed evidence pointed to a complete design and hardware revamp which had everyone excited. With their own eyes and ears present amongst ours; Apple knew something other than upgraded hardware needed to be added to the next-gen phone in order to keep the high level of excitement since its design was not going to be changed as the public expected. I believe a last minute decision by Apple to incorporate Siri into the 4s was in hopes to detract consumers from the disappointment of no design change. We all know how Apple operates, so if Siri was originally intended to be apart of the 4s, we know it would have been tested and altered to perfection, not released as a beta. It is obvious that Apple simply wanted to convince everyone that this "feature" and some hardware upgrades makes buying the 4s worth it. Personally, I feel it would have been worth it just as much without Siri. Oh yea, Apple never officially stated what the S in 4s exactly means until 8 months later is a bit strange when the S (Speed) in 3Gs was a highlight of that release. So, I know many of you are asking what the F is my point. Well, it relates back to the high probability of Siri integration into iOS6. Remember, Apple precisely calculates every move and they know that all newbies will jump all over the fact you can have Siri on your iPad. The same people who complained about not having a jailbreak will be the same who will update to iOS 6 right away regardless of being jailbroken. Thus, by convincing people the upgrade is a must-have, Apple secretly succeeds in getting what they want which is having less people utilizing jailbreaking for a period of time. For all of us who know how to enter DFU mode and been around the JB community for awhile are confident the developers will create tweaks to replicate any useful changes or "features" within iOS 6. (Yes, I know the Devs said they already have an exploit for iOS 6 beta, but we really do not know how quick it will be released.) So, those of you who do not even know how to add a source, go ahead and update to iOS 6. I can guarantee within a week you will either be complaining for the Devs to release a JB or wasting space on the blogs asking how to downgrade and rejailbreak.

* I apologize for such a long post, but I can not fall asleep. Although, I am convinced there are others who can relate.

Please Come to iPad 2 also SIRI!!

Thanks

I'm sure it will
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

If I'm not mistaken ios5 was revealed much before the 4s? Can't really remember but I had ios5 on my iPhone 4 before I got the 4s on launch day.

Anyway. Siri is in the eye of the beholder. While some Think it's useless others think its awesome.

Do I use it every day? No, but does it come in handy when I need it?? Hell yeah it does!! Setting timers, alarms and mainly calendar events is a breeze with Siri. A timer that you can speak to when your cooking is great!

So people that say its useless, it's just useless for you.

Thanks

If Apple only incorporates Siri into iPad 3, it is because they are pushing the new technology and not looking back..nothing they haven't done before. I mean we all know you can have Siri on the iPhone 4 via hack..the 4S came native cause Apple wanted you to upgrade and buy it. Its a model they seem to follow correct me if im wrong. This article is telling all of us to buy the new iPad haha..thanks haha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

What about iPod Touch 4th G Siri?

Thanks

I'm sure it will have Siri as well

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

iPad 2 I think will have it. iPhone 4 I doubt it but never know.

Thanks

Now I'm anxious

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12