Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kickstarter Projects You Might Want to Kickstart: iPad Edition

Default Kickstarter Projects You Might Want to Kickstart: iPad Edition

This week’s iPad Kickstarter projects feature a little bit of functionality, nostalgia, and cuteness all wrapped into a money-grubbing package.

Brydge iPad laptop Accessory
    Funding goal: $90,000
    Funding raised: $696,073
    Days to go: 4

The Brydge iPad laptop accessory quite literally acts as a bridge between the notebook and tablet worlds. The keyboard add on creates a nearly seamless laptop appearance when attached to the iPad. The anodized and machined aluminum body matches the iPad perfectly, and the chicklet-like keyboard simulates Apple’s Macbooks well. The Brydge includes built-in speakers and connects to the iPad via bluetooth, so no wires are needed.

CushPad
    Funding goal: $10,000
    Funding raised: $7,526
    Days to go: 49 hours

I can’t be sure I’d personally use a CushPad, but creator Adam Raby hasn’t stopped using his since building the first prototype last September. Raby created the CushPad as means to use his iPad more comfortably on the couch or in bed. Raby has already launched a pilot test of the CushPad and sold through his stock. He’s working on a new improved CushPad, and is hoping to use the Kickstarter funds to begin manufacturing the new design. Pledges of at least $30 get backers a Cushpad shipped to their door.

Etcher: Etch A Sketch for iPad
    Funding goal: $75,000
    Funding raised: $22,488
    Days to go: 9

This project is a concentrated dose of nostalgia. The Etcher literally turns your iPad into a high-tech Etch A Sketch. The Etcher adds the knobs to control your creations just like you did as a child, and the iPad adds the digital and social functionality. Users can save their drawings in digital formats, and share them via email or social media outlets like Facebook and Flickr. They can even save a timelapse of your creation or upload it directly to YouTube. The early adopter pledge is already sold out, but those wanting to relive some of their youth need only donate $60 to secure their own Etcher in either Ohio Red or True Blue.

He brydge iPad laptop sounds cool . I will buy it for sure ! When will they release it approx please ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LTechTalk View Post
    He brydge iPad laptop sounds cool . I will buy it for sure ! When will they release it approx please ?
    On the page, it states "est. delivery oct 2012"
    Hope this answers your question (:
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

Quote Originally Posted by ViperzDTL View Post
    On the page, it states "est. delivery oct 2012"
    Hope this answers your question (:
    Thanks . But 5 months is a lot

Get In on that Brydge iPad laptop Accessory, that is B@D @SS

Thanks

Yeah it does seem like a long time, but I think a product like that is worth waiting for. A product such as Leap Motion is planned to be shipped in Dec 2012/Jan 2013 and I've preordered it. Good quality products are always worth waiting for (:

Buy tablet so you dont have to carry a laptop around....Buy expensive accessory to turn tablet into a laptop, lol

While that may b the case, you could always look into the Clamcase, its basically the same thing and already available.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperzDTL View Post
    Yeah it does seem like a long time, but I think a product like that is worth waiting for. A product such as Leap Motion is planned to be shipped in Dec 2012/Jan 2013 and I've preordered it. Good quality products are always worth waiting for (:
    What advantages do you have exactly by pre-ordering Leap Motion. After the instance of pre-ordering the iPhone 4 and it coming and never being fixed for an antenna engineering failure. I somehow doubt your logic is infallible and is rather a shot in the dark at best. Look for instance at the first generation Xbox 360 vs the slimlined one now; trashed discs with scratch ring, over heated, e74 and so on.
    Last edited by rettignick; 05-31-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post

What advantages do you have exactly by pre-ordering Leap Motion. After the instance of pre-ordering the iPhone 4 and it coming and never being fixed for an antenna engineering failure. I somehow doubt your logic is infallible and is rather a shot in the dark at best. Look for instance at the first generation Xbox 360 vs the slimlined one now; trashed discs with scratch ring, over heated, e74 and so on.
    Well Im not exactly thinking about advantages of preordering the leap motion, it was an example of waiting a while for anew product like iPad Keyboard on kickstarter. I'm not looking at products compared to past to future etc. I was just simply giving an example for a fellow MMi member who said it would be a long wait. Of course waiting for newer products to come out is the best way to go, but if we're waiting every year, we end up not buying it at all. No flame please. Just commenting (: