+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft To Bring Office to iOS This Fall

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Microsoft To Bring Office to iOS This Fall

If the rumor mill is right about this one, it's going to be a huge development for no shortage of Microsoft Office loyalists who also remain attached to their iDevices.

According to the latest scuttlebutt in the mobile tech world, Microsoft Office will arrive on Apple's iPad and iPhone this fall. The move would come, presumably, after iOS 6 and the next generation iPhone are released and readily available to the public.

On Wednesday, BGR hinted that Office for iOS - as well as Android-powered devices - will most likely launch in November, but all but certainly before the holidays. "BGR has learned from a reliable source that Microsoft is currently planning to release the company’s full Office suite for not only Apple’s iPad, but for Android tablets as well," the report reads.

BGR also says that its source has personally beheld Microsoft Office running on an iPad, something that another source reported to The Daily earlier this year. As you may recall, however, Microsoft denied the authenticity of that report.

Source: BGR

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    All I can say is IADT, Microsoft

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Wont this cripple potential sales of windows 8 tablets? MS Office should be exclusive to Windows in tablets as it is a compelling reason to get one. This one's a biggie Microsoft, don't be too nice to ios. The OneNote app is enough of a taste

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Of course Microsoft will do this. They are a software company. They sell software. No reason to fully ignore two dominant platforms just because they have one of their own.
    Using and jailbreaking iPhones since 2007.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    Wont this cripple potential sales of windows 8 tablets? MS Office should be exclusive to Windows in tablets as it is a compelling reason to get one. This one's a biggie Microsoft, don't be too nice to ios. The OneNote app is enough of a taste
    Good thought, but it'll come out to either: A. Make it exclusive to W8 tablets, or B. Put it on ios and android and potentially make a large sum of money.

Banned
    Thanks

For me, the day Microsoft Office makes it into the app store is the day all faith in Apple's review process is lost.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    For me, the day Microsoft Office makes it into the app store is the day all faith in Apple's review process is lost.
    I wonder how apple will put them down lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

interesting ... this sounds like a win-win, apple has reached the top of of the food chain in the tech world, but it wasn't long ago that microsoft saved apple from going bankrupt. just a thought ...