+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Viacom Content Coming Back to Time Warner Cable iPad App

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Both Time Warner Cable and Viacom have agreed to set aside a legal dispute over an iPad app that streamed television content within customers’ homes. The two companies released a
    Thanks

Default Viacom Content Coming Back to Time Warner Cable iPad App

Both Time Warner Cable and Viacom have agreed to set aside a legal dispute over an iPad app that streamed television content within customers’ homes. The two companies released a joint statement on Wednesday announcing that Viacom content would be coming back to the TWC TV app. The announcement stated the following:

Viacom and Time Warner Cable have agreed to resolve their pending litigations. All of Viacom’s programming will now be available to Time Warner Cable subscribers for in-home viewing via internet protocol-enabled devices such as iPads and Time Warner Cable will continue to carry Viacom’s Country Music Television (CMT) programming. In reaching the settlement agreement, Time Warner Cable and Viacom were also able to resolve other unrelated business matters to their mutual satisfaction. Neither side is conceding its original legal position or will have further comment.
    Time Warner Cable previously pulled several channels, including FX and MTV, from its iPad app in late March after complaints from the major media companies. Viacom took the most offense to the situation and ended up filing a lawsuit against Time Warner, which ended up quickly filing a countersuit. Viacom accused Time Warner of trying to “unilaterally change the terms” of their contract, while Time Warner argued that the app simply turned the iPad into another TV screen at home.

Regardless, the situation is resolved and for those of you who use the Time Warner Cable iPad app at home, you’ll be able to enjoy the channels returning to the list.

Source: TechCrunch
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 05-17-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't add a pic from my phone, but the TWC app tells me that "TWC TV is not supported on "jailbroken" phones. that's the first I've ever been told that by an app that I can recall.
    Last edited by NiteStar; 05-17-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    I can't add a pic from my phone, but the TWC app tells me that "TWC TV is not supported on "jailbroken" phones. that's the first I've ever been told that by an app that I can recall.
    Install xCon. It should allow you to use the app. Works for me, although the app is uselessly disappointing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default FakeTimeWarner
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    Just install the FakeTimeWarner app in Cydia's BigBoss Repo this will allow to run the TWC App with a Jailbroken device.