+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If The iPad Mini Comes... Who Will Buy It?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
This is the million - make that billion - dollar question: if Apple, as rumored for two years, actually moves forward with a so-called "iPad Mini," who exactly will purchase
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default If The iPad Mini Comes... Who Will Buy It?

This is the million - make that billion - dollar question: if Apple, as rumored for two years, actually moves forward with a so-called "iPad Mini," who exactly will purchase it?

According to a report published Tuesday in Digitimes, Apple will use "G/F2" thin-film touch technology for its 7.85-inch iPad, which industry sources claim will be released before the end of 2012.

The smaller version of Apple's new iPad, rumored to be called iPad Mini, is said to feature the G/F2 technology, with Nitto supplying the key thin-film materials, and Nissha Printing and TPK producing the touch screens, the sources said.
    Apple is said to be prepping this compact and lower-priced tablet as a means of entry into emerging markets and business segments that may not have the cash to blow on a high-end traditional iPad. For example, some are predicting that schools will be big buyers of the iPad Mini.

But mobile gamers of all ages could ultimately become the device's most enthusiastic users, particular for those who view the iPod touch too small for traditional handheld gaming and the standard iPad too big.

With Amazon's $199 Kindle Fire still eating into the iPad's market share (though minimally), any share loss is too much for Apple. And the iDevice maker may just release this long-rumored product as a way to drive the nails into the Kindle Fire's coffin once and for all.

Source: Digitimes"]Digitimes[/URL]

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

If its around the 200 price tag then I will probably buy it. But then again, I'd probably end up getting an Android tablet because of the customization. That new cheap Samsung tablet sounds appealing. Better than the kindle fire IMO. Or just wait til the cheap, powerful asus tablet comes out. That will knock the kindle fire out of the water

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

If it was less then a Windows 8 tablet, maybe I'd buy it. MAYBE. I hate the iPad to begin with so I'd probably just end up buying the Windows 8 tablet anyway.

Thanks

lol good one

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    I'm probably going to poop after posting this, but I might pee, then again I don't need to do either one. I wonder what is on the cafeteria menu... damn actually I think they closed for lunch already. I'll just have to wait for them to open for dinner or I could go across the street to eat.
    __

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    lol good one

__
    OK, I'm glad you can take a joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    OK, I'm glad you can take a joke.
    At first I was confused, then I read it again and caught on. I guess I need to rethink my wording in my posts. Haha

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is going after low price point sales.
    Apple should have left this category alone, I see iPad mini eating away iPad sales more than anything else.

Banned
    Thanks

I just got a galaxy tab 7.7 and I like it way more than the iPad. The size is great. If the iPad came in a 7 inch I'll probably chose it over the 10 inch one. Thats when it could be jailbroken. Thats why I haven't upgraded my iPad 1 as the iPad 3 cant be jailbroken yet.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

I would def. buy it. I have an 8" xoom 2 because my ipad 2 was too big to be as portable as I wanted.

Thanks

if the price was 250 or less, maybe.

Thanks

If jailbreakable I will buy it....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Apple should have left this category alone, I see iPad mini eating away iPad sales more than anything else.
    That's a very good point

iPhone? More like MyPhone satointl's Avatar
    Thanks

If it'll exist, I'd have to guess it'd be around the 300 dollar price range. An iPod touch is around 200 dollars and if it were closer to 200, most people would take the iPad Mini... Unless they drop iPod touch to 150, but I think that's quite unlikely.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Although I do not need it, I would buy it for $199.99.
    Last edited by madrich; 05-15-2012 at 06:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would guess that a lot of people in the medical profession would use this (a huge market). the ipad is a little too large to carry in the pocket of a white coat. i've found myself wanting something just a little bit smaller many times. definitely would buy for less than $350 or so.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If it literally is the low-end, 16 GB iPad 3, but a smaller size at $200, then yes.

Thanks

[QUOTE=satointl;6529082]If it'll exist, I'd have to guess it'd be around the 300 dollar price range. An iPod touch is around 200 dollars and if it were closer to 200, most people would take the iPad Mini... Unless they drop iPod touch to 150, but I think that's quite unlikely.[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    it is a great point, but in my opinion i think there just trying to hit the people that cant afford the new ipad starting at 499. even ipad 2 is still starting at 399. but i can see the 7 inch in an 8 gb starting at 249. with a 16gb 349. and that can definitely target those people that have been buying these other lesser name brand 7 inch tablets that always wanted an apple prod. without hurting there reg. ipad sales..just my 2cents...
    Last edited by jaybeans821; 05-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks

Arround $200.00 Canadian I will go for it, but of its have sell option then iPad then will think about it

sLi
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The iPad mini would be a huge mistake,

Developers need to support a new resolution - which will end up being iphone apps with a little more room, or apps which are really crowded

It is unlikely to beat out other similar sized tablets (won't be significantly cheaper)

Most of its sales will be from people who otherwise would have waited a little longer - and brought an iPad

apple shouldn't spend it's money on this (or past tense depending on if it comes to fruition or not) it would be the start of a slippery slope back towards a company that doesn't know what it does. (too many products which essentially do the same thing, see SJ BIO for more info)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

199.99? SOLD! I want it! Simply put!