Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If The iPad Mini Comes... Who Will Buy It?

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    This is going after low price point sales.
    Apple should have left this category alone, I see iPad mini eating away iPad sales more than anything else.
    True. But I think Apple would prefer self cannibalization instead of anyone else chomping on their sales... That's like them saying "don't create a 16gb iPad because it will eat away at the 64gb version...

I wouldnt want nor would I think about getting it. I have my iPhone and iPad 3 and I'm happy with them for now.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

I'd definitely buy. For my needs the iPad is too big, iPhone/iPod too small. I need something to finalize accounts on job sites and such. This would fit the bill, regardless of price.

I don't understand th idea that the only point of this is that it would be cheaper than iPad. " if you just spent a little more you could get an iPad". That's ridiculous and pretty simplistic, to put it nicely!

BTW, swipeselection is freakin awesome!!! Love it!!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Hard decision for me.... love the New iPad! I would probably go check it out once it came out to see if I thought I would like the size or not and depends on the price as well....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I would buy it. It would help me immensely to have something this portable, my MBA is still too heavy to carry to school with my big textbooks.

iPad mini + splashtop = study while on my elliptical machine My iPhone screen is much too small to see a full desktop display. Been trying to save up for a refurbed iPad to do just that, bc one hour of working out can also be a simultaneous one hour of studying! Lol. But yeah it'd be something I'd buy for sure if these rumors are true.

I would have bought one. I shoot location video and edit on location a lot which means I carry my MacBook Pro with me wherever I go. Most folks carry one or the other, a laptop or an iPad. I would have to carry both as I really need my laptop. Because I need both a tablet and my laptop I opted to buy a Kindle Fire. something I can stick into my laptop bag and not as expensive as a full-sized iPad. Had a iPad mini existed I would have seriously considered that instead.

It will be interesting if they will price it at the same level as the 8GB iPod Touch ($199).

On a different note, I have a Kindle Fire at home. It's too small to browse the web, and too big to fit in your pocket. It's perfect size for an e-reader, but my Kindle 2 battery life lasts 10 times longer.

I hope this isn't a stumble product for Apple.
    Last edited by peacedog; 05-16-2012 at 07:32 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

If priced at the $200-250 range I will def it (after I know a jb is available. I think it'll be perfectly sized for my 5 year old.

Thanks

Question is who wouldnt? We bought the ipod, we bought the iTouch, we bought the iPhone 1,2,3,4,4S..we bought the iPad 1,2,3..
    I don't see any consumer buying stopping now. The iPad is nice but a smaller version is welcomed in my world..can't wait.

Thanks

There's already an iPad mini out. It's called an iPod. Apple needs to stop making useless stuff >.>

If Apple actually moves forward with a so-called "iPad Mini," who exactly will purchase it?
    This seems like a dumb question, or worded poorly (I can't tell which).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    True. But I think Apple would prefer self cannibalization instead of anyone else chomping on their sales... That's like them saying "don't create a 16gb iPad because it will eat away at the 64gb version...
    I do not need more than 1 iPad and I have it right now, so I would not buy this one.
    If I were in the market for a iPad I would go with cheap version, meaning they lost profit for the more expensive New iPad.
    But if I were to choose a cheap tablet, iPad mini would still be more expensive than Android has to offer...
    Also people wanted cheap tablet already have the choice of buying refurbished version which looks brand spanking new!
    The only thing iPad mini would take away from Android is a very small category of people who wants a smaller tablet than iPad and only went with Android because of it.
    Last edited by unison999; 05-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.

i would buy anything apple makes for a new ipad. they are so far advanced and makes life fun.

I already have one..

its called an iphone 4.

pointless..

you either have a device small enough to put in your pocket, or a device much bigger with a good size screen that is not as portable, one in between? .... ummmm, no thanks

I think if you can't fit it into your trouser pockets then you may as well go full size. So no.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I reckon it will be around 200-300. Definitely not $200. Also, with the added VAT in UK, you can sure to be getting ripped off a good 50-80
    It would seem like a useful tablet, but I already own the iPad 3 and honestly wouldn't like a smaller iPad
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12