Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4G LTE iPad rebranded to "iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular"

Thanks

Default 4G LTE iPad rebranded to "iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular"

Apple stores are reportedly rebranding the 4G LTE-capable iPad to “iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular,” following the scrutiny that the device is only compatible with LTE networks in North America. This change was even applied in the U.S. and Canada, where networks are compatible with the 4G LTE radio found in the third-generation iPad. The ordeal has taken effect in both the U.K. and Australia where the local governments took issue with the fact that the new iPad was advertised as being a 4G LTE device, even though it isn’t compatible with any 4G networks in those countries.

This is probably the case due to international users who began to complain as they felt that Apple’s advertising was misleading, giving them the impression that their device would offer connectivity with high-speed LTE networks. The iPad only connects to slower 3G networks outside of North America but was previously being advertised as “Wi-Fi + 4G” which is what had upset many users.

Apple previously updated its online store to further clarify that the new iPad is not compatible with 4G LTE networks in the country after the government accused Apple of “misleading” customers with the advertisement as well. For Australian users, the new description will read "This product supports very fast cellular networks. It is not compatible with current Australian 4G LTE networks and WiMAX networks” under the “Wi-Fi + Cellular listing.”

The issue has grown quite popular among some while others continue to feel that it is up to the consumer to do the research and purchase products after knowing what they are getting. Either way, Apple seems to be taking action to help resolve the situation.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I'm an American, so this 4g iPad is only 4g within the states or is it just not even a 4g model?
    Nothing in life is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    I'm an American, so this 4g iPad is only 4g within the states or is it just not even a 4g model?
    Only 4g in states

I love it how Australia only sued apple when I garuntee Motorola or Samsung have "4g" devices there too. But then again karmas a b*tch

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    4G within USA and Canada, 3G everywhere else. AT&T has relatively little LTE (near-4G) coverage compared to Verizon, but is advertising their HSPA as 4G which is simply bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Only 4g in states

I love it how Australia only sued apple when I garuntee Motorola or Samsung have "4g" devices there too. But then again karmas a b*tch
    In Australia it is like in the uk the 4g tech will never work with their 4g networks as they use different hardware! But then who buys a iPad for the Internet speed?? I bought mines for screen quality, ease of use, compatibility with existing apps I already own!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Only 4g in states

Ahh actually Samsung do. A working 4G tablet that is, the Samsung GALAXY Tab 8.9 4G. Since they managed to make their Tablets and phones properly compatible with Australia's 4G network... So I don't know exactly what your comment's aimed at? What, that Samsung or say Motorola are also guilty of promoting non-compatible 4G devices they way Apple where until just now...?